The Hunt by Griffin International

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
mochel
Scout

The Hunt by Griffin International

Post by mochel »

Griffin International will release a hunting title called "The Hunt" and it will be for consoles and PC.

The special thing about this hunting title is is that it will have what they call a "Precision Pointer" controller for WII. It is not a gun shaped controller but a "bulky" aiming device that can simulate rifles/shotguns (only for WII I think)...

The screenshots of the game show that the graphics are not up to the level of The Hunter's yet the interesting part of it is that it has an aiming device for WII that comes with the game...

The official website will be alive soon: http://www.thehuntgame.com/
The same company released a similar concept for fishing called http://www.thestrikegame.com/

And of course I do not work for the company , just thought sharing the news :)
Deer Destroyer

Re: The Hunt by Griffin International

Post by Deer Destroyer »

You beat me to this post!! :D
Last edited by steveharris on September 29th, 2009, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
Deer Destroyer

Post by Deer Destroyer »

This game does have the potential to destroy every hunting game in its path.

It has the funding, and it might rival The Hunter. Which I hope it does, because then there will be competition. 8-)
Arrowslinger
Outfitter

Post by Arrowslinger »

Predator wrote:This game does have the potential to destroy every hunting game in its path.

It has the funding, and it might rival The Hunter. Which I hope it does, because then there will be competition. 8-)
My first thought is NO :lol:

Through the heart of autumn
mochel
Scout

Post by mochel »

There is no hunting game for PC or consoles that beats The Hunter in terms of graphics (Graphic engine) and animation yet... But the gaming experience and longevity is another story

The Hunt by Griffin does not have a breath taking engine at all, yet lower quality graphics than Cabel'as 2010 titles as far as the screens showed me...

But the only advantage that The Hunt will have is that it will be coupled with an aiming device for WII (perhaps for other consoles as well) and they call it the "Precision Pointer"...

As for PC, with the mouse, the gaming experience might not be different from Cabela or other hunting titles...
Arrowslinger
Outfitter

Post by Arrowslinger »

I don't like the "dumbing" down of graphics not sure why some of today's games go that route with games like thehunter, crysis, stalker, dirt, etc. vying for the top of the markets in each genre.
Through the heart of autumn
Deer Destroyer

Post by Deer Destroyer »

We just need to wait and see. If it can bring realism and more firearms, animals, seasons and so forth it will be a win.

And remember, this game will be out in 2010. The screenshots that are available now might be obsolete by the time this game launches.
mochel
Scout

Post by mochel »

Predator wrote:We just need to wait and see. If it can bring realism and more firearms, animals, seasons and so forth it will be a win.

And remember, this game will be out in 2010. The screenshots that are available now might be obsolete by the time this game launches.
The graphic engine of The Hunt is not as advanced as The Hunter's engine... The only other engine that competes with Avalanche Engine 2 is the CryEngine used for the Crysis game :ugeek:
mochel
Scout

Post by mochel »

This is a sneak peak of how The Cryengine 2 functions for editing maps etc... Avalanche 2 engine should have the same editor etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDLTRXV1KHM
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

Some quick looks of the Avalanche 2 Engine in one of The Hunter Making of Videos :D

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”