Happy 10th birthday to the forums!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tony

Happy 10th birthday to the forums!

Post by Tony »

Happy 10th birthday to the Hunter forums!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Happy 10th birthday to the forums!

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Nice that some one decided to remind us.

Great work and commitment from all those past and present, that have given their time to making the forums great.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Wow, time flies. I've only been on the forums for about 6 years and it feels like a lifetime ago that I joined and posted my first question. A decade is a huge amount of time for a community to thrive. It would have been nice if someone from Expansive Worlds had recognised this milestone and put on some sort of event in celebration. Something like a multispecies competition where you have to harvest one of each of the first 10 species in the game.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Tony wrote:Happy 10th birthday to the Hunter forums!
Thanks for the information, Tony. You have been a prolific poster! Including today, 3 posts in 10 years! :lol: Do you still play the game?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Haha right stan, thats almost like an achievement!

Happy birthday forums!
Tony

Post by Tony »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Thanks for the information, Tony. You have been a prolific poster! Including today, 3 posts in 10 years! :lol: Do you still play the game?
No probs! I did once make a few posts, some behind the scenes testing when I originally installed these forums back in Liverpool, and some public posts in sub forums that are long gone. The current post count for me is wrong anyway - of the 3 posts showing at the moment, 1 is the top of this thread, 1 is another user's post that somehow got assigned to me during an ancient forum update, and the other post doesn't seem to exist!

I never really played the game itself, the servers were enough fun. I did occasionally fire it up during server updates to make sure things were at least vaguely sane, but there were others better skilled than me to test such things.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

game came out to public in march. so my 10 years is in march. must say never played a game so long with such enjoyment. sure we have issues but its been a great game on the whole. :D rollercoaster ride through them times.going bang when emote had it and emote never really get mentioned when they should. without them we wouldnt have the game.avalanche picking the game up. continuing on. many of us sticking here through thick and thin. blood and tears. ( id love to say somethings but id be banned :lol: ) congrats theHunter classic. :D
Lindhe

Post by Lindhe »

I'm excited to see if, and really hope, EW has something special planned for the games 10 year anniversary next year. :mrgreen:
Hunter Profile:
Spoiler:
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

Lindhe wrote:I'm excited to see if, and really hope, EW has something special planned for the games 10 year anniversary next year. :mrgreen:
yup, same here, that is a really big achievement for any game
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

ronMctube wrote:game came out to public in march. so my 10 years is in march.
Well, his account is exactly 10 years old. Sounds like he did some testing, so I guess the forum was created before the game was released and it was used to gather alpha/beta testing feedback.

Congrats to ten years, Tony! The member list says you're the second oldest user, after some "admin". :P
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”