Steam launcher problem

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Trackfield
Scout

Steam launcher problem

Post by Trackfield »

I am sure there is some setting I'm missing here as I am new to Windows 10 due to a new computer.

When I launch steam all is fine, when I then launch theHunter it loads normally then the screen size goes to half of my monitor size.
I have to hit the "double box" up top left to get it to full screen size.

I have checked all settings, and it continues to do this on each launch of theHunter.

I did not like Microsoft Edge, so my normal browser is IE, but I am playing it through steam.

Any ideas of any settings that would stop it from launching full screen, then upon loading go to half size ?
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Steam launcher problem

Post by Hawkeye »

Moved to Support & Technical Issues
vortex1957
Tracker

Post by vortex1957 »

Probably checked this already, but on your game setting make sure "Full Screen" is checked off. I had the same problem with a new system, and the full screen wasn't checked :oops:
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

yes, I did check that, but thank you for responding.
I can make the screen to fit my monitor once the launcher loads using maximize, or I can stretch it to fit.

If I hit theHunter logo up top right hand, to reload, it goes right back to half screen again.

Using IE or any other program, including a fishing sim using steam works fine and stays full screen.
AdamPotts
Spotter

Post by AdamPotts »

Hi there.

After you click 'Hunt now' from the webpage or load from Steam. If you click settings in the top right hand corner, then game settings (make sure it in the launcher not the website).

You should be able to change the screen resolution to the size of your monitor.

If you've tried that already then head to http://support.thehunter.com/hc/en-us and send us a support request and we'll talk you through a few steps and see if we can solve it for you.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

AdamPotts wrote:Hi there.

After you click 'Hunt now' from the webpage or load from Steam. If you click settings in the top right hand corner, then game settings (make sure it in the launcher not the website).

You should be able to change the screen resolution to the size of your monitor.

If you've tried that already then head to http://support.thehunter.com/hc/en-us and send us a support request and we'll talk you through a few steps and see if we can solve it for you.
Really nice to see the support team getting stronger and finally being able to emerge from the ticket flood and actively support these requests.

Welcome Adam and wishing you a good start at EW! Although you seem to be going full speed already. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
AdamPotts
Spotter

Post by AdamPotts »

Hi HooCairs.

Thank you, glad to be onboard and anything we can do to help, let us know.
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

Yes it from the steam launcher, and when theHunter loads up it is full screen, then when finished loading goes to half screen size.
My monitor desktop is set at 1680x1050, and under settings for theHunter it is set the same.

I wonder now if it has anything to do with putting theHunter (from steam) to a thumbdrive, and putting it on my new comp ?
The old comp was windows 7 32 bit, and the new one is windows 10 64 bit.
I did not want to run out of my limited gigs per month, since COW is coming out.
AdamPotts
Spotter

Post by AdamPotts »

Try uninstalling and running the reinstall through your thumbdrive so it's cleanly processing from there. See if that helps?
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I'll do that when I have the chance, as of right now me and my husband are having probs keeping connected after starting a single player game.

I think it is a prob with Verizon, trouble ticket filled out only to be told, no problem, but I'll sell you a new usb modem cheap for a 2 year contract, pfft.
(only choice is Verizon here, unfortunately) :x
So am going to keep on them till they fix it

I don't think it is steam, nor with my new comp, as it is happening to us both.
Thanks for your reply

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”