Letter TO THE DEVS

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VindiVin

Letter TO THE DEVS

Post by VindiVin »

First of all, I preface this by saying: I write this to bring it to the devs attention, I will NOT be responding to anyone but the devs (I am not looking for a debate). So should you choose to reply, please address your reply to the devs rather than to me. Thank you.
I've been a paying member in this game for 2 years +. Since the addition of multiplayer, this game has lost a lot of its integrity, I am sadly disappointed! The catalyst for this letter however, has to do with the multiplayer competitions or the lack thereof. This is the 3rd multiplayer multispecies (since those are the ONLY multiplayer comps offered) where you have mandated, required us, already PAYING to play this game, to BUY yet MORE STUFF. July 20-22 you offered the .223 competition - in order to partake in that multiplayer/multispecies competition we MUST buy the "NEW" .223 rifle. August 1-5 you offered the Blaser competition - in order to partake in that competition we MUST buy the "NEW" Blaser rifle. Now, today, August 8-12 you offered a rifle competition - here is the kicker- in order to partake of this competition, again we are required to buy the "NEW" .223 rifle. Why? By the requirements of the competition, it is Any Permitted Rifle - therefore, those of us who haven't conformed and purchased the "NEW" equipment you're selling, are being penalized by not being allowed to participate. I have 'bought' plenty of equipment, I have everything I need to hunt what I choose to hunt, I have a bow, a 12 gauge and the side by side to kill turkeys with, I have a bow and a .357 handgun to shoot the fox with... I prefer to be able to CHOOSE myself what items I want to buy or not buy. What I feel is wrong is for you to say, ok, here is all this new stuff, buy it if you want or don't, but in the meantime, WE are coming up with every way we can imagine to shove it down your throat so you HAVE to buy it. Let me tell you what that accomplishes, those of us who have been here thru thick and thin with you, are going to think twice when renewal time comes up, because no one likes being forced to do something they not only don't want to do, but don't NEED to do. Especially in a game we are already a PAYING member of.
I am NOT opposed to your continued efforts to raise revenue. Those who choose to purchase new items, by all means, purchase them. I will do the same, for those items I desire. But please don't punish those of us who opt not to buy every item you put out there.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Letter TO THE DEVS

Post by Knut »

Strangely put, but in essence I kind of agree.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Slatkus
Hunter

Post by Slatkus »

Well said VindiVin. But this is nothing. Wait until we will have to participate in competetion using "special" ammo which won't be for free. And looking how many useless reskinned items is being added more and more often we won't need to wait long for total degradation. That is why I voted NO for steam. Don't want to have this game as fully commertial project and nothing else.
andyacegt
Scout

Post by andyacegt »

I noticed this too when looking over that competition. One thing I was wondering: would the muzzleloader qualify as a rifle? Because you are allowed to take turkey with the muzzloader. It didn't say which specific weapons were allowed, just "any rifle". I wasn't sure because the "muzzleloader" category is separate from the "rifle" category on the Store page. I guess it doesn't count as a rifle?
Ivarius

Post by Ivarius »

andyacegt wrote:I noticed this too when looking over that competition. One thing I was wondering: would the muzzleloader qualify as a rifle? Because you are allowed to take turkey with the muzzloader. It didn't say which specific weapons were allowed, just "any rifle". I wasn't sure because the "muzzleloader" category is separate from the "rifle" category on the Store page. I guess it doesn't count as a rifle?
It looks like an American Longrifle, so I believe it is likely that the weapon has a rifled barrel. But I don't know how the developers have it considered.
Wickedm1ke
Outfitter

Post by Wickedm1ke »

That's just how it is, you can't please everyone.
JDD
Scout

Post by JDD »

You can't please everyone M1ke, but you could at-least please your paying players?

I tend to agree with the OP.
MrEnzO
Outfitter

Post by MrEnzO »

I think the same. Someone post a post a while back about the "The Top F2P Monetization Tricks", but it was delete by someone. We are not there yet, but I think it starts to lean in that direction more and more. And that is said.
Last edited by MrEnzO on August 9th, 2013, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wickedm1ke
Outfitter

Post by Wickedm1ke »

JDD wrote:You can't please everyone M1ke, but you could at-least please your paying players?

I tend to agree with the OP.
Yes, they get competitions as the one above :)
What is it that you disagree with regarding my statement?
Berlorian
Scout

Post by Berlorian »

All seems pretty pointless

Return to “General Chat”