Apology Accepted

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
kirisute
Hunter

Apology Accepted

Post by kirisute »

well having recieved two emails from The Hunter today i thought id make this thread:
1st was the beta confirmation..the 2nd was an apology for a little slip-up on email addresses in that 1st email.
in todays security conscious climate i can see why alot of people would start to be concerned about such a slip; to me, the very fact that the second email came out relatively quickly says alot.
so Emote, Avalanche and all at the Hunter....thanks for the apology and dont worry...you still have my support 100%!

as im sure will be the case with alot of other people!
kleinerBerserker

Re: Apology Accepted

Post by kleinerBerserker »

i'm rather upset.

i did not publish it, but the list is available at http://de.pastebin.ca/1280656
and this is only whats listed on google the same day the email adresses were published.

i found myself unable to ask the page's admin, "slepp", to remove this pastebin, because a contact email is not really sent when one tries to send it (http://blog.slepp.ca/2007/05/27/contact/). another way to communicate with slepp is not found. anyways i hope the email reached him.

those are 744 email adresses with full names free available on the public ethernet...
kirisute
Hunter

Post by kirisute »

nothing of which is more than anybody can get if they search for my name via the internet or via my artwork hosted on other websites.

disturbing that somebody is foolish enuff to publish the listing on a website though.
maybe the peope at Emote can lay pressure on the site to remove the list.
that would go a way to laying peoples fears a little further
Flex
Tracker

Post by Flex »

Hopefully that list will be removed soon. The site's provider has been contacted.
There are legal ramifications to posting information like that on the net.
Flex
Tracker

Post by Flex »

Update:
It's been removed.............
EnerMax
Scout

Re: Apology NOT Accepted

Post by EnerMax »

kleinerBerserker wrote:i'm rather upset.

i did not publish it, but the list is available at http://de.pastebin.ca/1280656
and this is only whats listed on google the same day the email adresses were published.

i found myself unable to ask the page's admin, "slepp", to remove this pastebin, because a contact email is not really sent when one tries to send it (http://blog.slepp.ca/2007/05/27/contact/). another way to communicate with slepp is not found. anyways i hope the email reached him.

those are 744 email adresses with full names free available on the public ethernet...

I'm with you, think they would be as careless with our CC info?? Well they won't get a chance with mine. Looking real professional already isn't it!!!!!
You guy's ever here of TESTING!!!!
This whole web site thing is a beta test and we trusted them with our information. Time to get alias out you IDIOTS!!!
leo1954au
Master Competitor

Post by leo1954au »

I reveived the same email today Dec 10 and to confirm my application to be a beta tester, hope they run the game site better.
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Post by Fabled Foe »

kirisute wrote:nothing of which is more than anybody can get if they search for my name via the internet or via my artwork hosted on other websites.

disturbing that somebody is foolish enuff to publish the listing on a website though.
Where's your artwork at? I'd like to take a look.
Nick Nameless
Spotter

Post by Nick Nameless »

I can fully understand and appreciate, that people make mistakes. Nobody in the history of the world hasn't.
I for one, accept the promptly given appology, knowing full well, it was sincere. While my email address is an
important tool in my life, I won't slam anyone who inadvertantly published it.
It is the spammers, phishers and hackers of this internet world that the anger should be directed against.
Without them, we wouldn't have to keep our guard up so high. Let's not sacrifice the soldier, who accidently
let his slip down a hair.
kirisute
Hunter

Post by kirisute »

Fabled Foe wrote:
kirisute wrote:nothing of which is more than anybody can get if they search for my name via the internet or via my artwork hosted on other websites.

Where's your artwork at? I'd like to take a look.
here you go:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/ ... e=kirisute
is my main gallery but you might need an account to see it. (its free though)

http://www.elfwood.com/art/n/e/neiljary/neiljary.html
this is my elfwood gallery that doesnt have the newer or more adult stuff but i dont think you need an account to view it...so the choice is yours.

i do have adult oriented stuff in some images though (nudity and violence) so be warned...its fantasy/sci-fi/horror stuff by the way.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”