How to lose a stubborn doe??

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
pirahna590
Hunter

How to lose a stubborn doe??

Post by pirahna590 »

Well?? How exactly do u lose a stubborn doe, besides putting a bullet in thier head?? Ive had this doe following me for over 45 min, Im not calling out, Im NOT using the sprays ... yet despite even RUNNING away from her she is EXACTLY the same distance behind me as she was when she first called out. I dont shoot does, waste of my time an giving I can never find any decent bucks I truly DO REFUSE to shoot a doe wich will only make my chances even harder of finding any bucks let alone a decent one. so short of walkin up an slapping her in the head, an no bear traps to take her legs out from under her an I dont have a clay more ... HOW do I stop her from following me??

An yes, I set up an looked good an hard behind her an theres nothing following her so shes nothign more to me then a disturbance with no chance of producing anything lol
Last edited by pirahna590 on March 27th, 2011, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
Trophy Hunter

Re: How to lose a stubborn doe??

Post by Orion »

Change direction?

I know what you mean, I will usually circle around or go prone and move out the way and then try and pick my route in the other direction but if I am on a trail it causes delays.

Still, I have less sympathy than I would if you weren't playing with such a fixed determination of where you were going. Indeed seeing as when I am tracking a male animal I will usually come across the more plentiful does I will sometimes just track the does knowing that I will probably come across male tracks sooner or later and by following the does I know where they are.

Also your comment on paid vs unpaid is off. There is no difference. In my last 2 hunts I have taken 3 whitetails, 3 blacktails, a hog, a turkey, 2 elk(one piebald) and a mule deer.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Orion .. i hear you ... the only reason Im fixed on going to this particular location is it would appear to give the best chances of finding something IF I can set up my blind in the middle of the field with out spookin everything else around me.

In the end, as always I just give up on finding a decent buck an Im glad you have such great luck ... but I do truly believe ... for me .... going paid was a mistake. I was able to find decent bucks before ... 165+ .... now, hunting TWICE AS HARD AN TWICE AS DETERMINED .. I dont get anyhting above 120 .... NOTHING .... say what you wanna say .... an IVE SAID IT BEFORE .... explain how I could find em before but can NOT find ANYTHING above 120 after going paid.

Yeah, just ended this hunt with another buck under 120 ... going paid has ruined my experience in this game with the exception to having the 300. Ill be glad when it expires, maybe then I can find a spike . Yeah maybe u can find all those while being paid ... but I have a hunch about this as well .... you were paid before the system change a few weeks ago, I wasnt .... I went paid after that an since then I havent seen jack. seriously .... Im about ready to forget the game entirely except Im paying for it so Im trying. If I dont find anythign decent soon I doubt Illl be back an I know your personal feelings on this .. no loss ... but it will be if my hunch is correct .... going paid after the system change ... theres a glitch .... its the ONLY explanation to how I could find em before but cant now an yet the veterans can stil find em .... theres a glitch, its not me as u so put it. Im off for the day .... so much for fun an entertaining ... just got to shoot another spike an no, there was NOTHING behind it, I WATCHED an made damn sure of it.
Magnum1973
Scout

Post by Magnum1973 »

I just paid for a member ship on 2/27/2011 after not having played the game since the beginning. I have shot some decent animals(see my sig) and have even seen some bigger animals that I didn't get a chance to shoot because I was to busy ******* around. :lol: I really don't think it has anything to do with being paid or not. I think it has to do with the hunting style. I used to try and stand hunt but never had much luck. Now I walk, look for a sign, or stop now and then and give a call. If I hear something then I set up a stand. One thing I have noticed is it seems like the big mule deer bucks send the little guys in first to scope out the area. :lol: I have found the best luck for mule deer is to start at the causeway and go south west to the middle of the island. Whitetails I have the best luck going north from Highland Lodge.

The big ones are there, you just have to look twice sometimes.
Orion
Trophy Hunter

Post by Orion »

If I were ultra paranoid I would think that does and smaller males are actually telepathic scouts for the big guys.
Magnum1973
Scout

Post by Magnum1973 »

Orion wrote:If I were ultra paranoid I would think that does and smaller males are actually telepathic scouts for the big guys.
You might be on to something. Some times you get 2 or 3 bucks, together, calling and then you can just make out some movement and then a dang doe comes walking by, spooks and the bucks aren't heard from again. :lol:
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

I hear ya guys, an when I saw this last buck come in I waited an waited till that buck was dang near about to stomp on my shoe laces before I fired. I kept scoping out the woods behind him, an both sides of him... just wasnt anything coming an as Ive been told not to go more then an hour an a half per hunt .... well a 119 5/8 ( I believe ) was the best that hunt was going to give me :/. I just KNEW from lookin at him that he wasnt gonna score much at all, but still, I dont like to go home empty handed.

Im tellin ya, its ever since they changed the system a few weeks back an I went paid at about the same time ... I just dont see anything above 120 lol. Then I hear of you coming back an having a great hunt lol .... IDK ... loved the game as a freebie player, wanted that 300 an the fair chase clothing ... went paid, bought 3500 points an since that day I havent found anything even worth mentioning.

Guys, we're not talkin a couple of days here, we're not even talkin a week here .... its been a few weeks an maybe you all are having decent hunts an Ill say it AGAIN ... IF I COULD FIND EM BEFORE, WHY CANT I FIND EM NOW?? NO one wants to see that phrase, no one wants to hear theres a glitch or SOMETHING ..... if I could find em before going paid, then why cant I now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? sadly if its not addressed your gonna lose another player, an to think I have put the word out to MANY MANY MANY people to check out this game ... spent MONEY on this game .... yet I cant find anything above 120?????

The frustration is purely agonizing ... I wants SOMEONE to answer this simple question .... IF I COULD FIND EM BEFORE, WHY CANT I FIND EM NOW??IF I COULD FIND EM BEFORE, WHY CANT I FIND EM NOW??IF I COULD FIND EM BEFORE, WHY CANT I FIND EM NOW??IF I COULD FIND EM BEFORE, WHY CANT I FIND EM NOW??IF I COULD FIND EM BEFORE, WHY CANT I FIND EM NOW??IF I COULD FIND EM BEFORE, WHY CANT I FIND EM NOW??

if I could find em before .. an CANT NOW ... SOMETHING GAME SIDE CHANGED!!!!!!!!! Its not ME .... maybe MY ACCOUNT is glitched ... OR SOMETHING .... but if I CAN FIND EM BEFORE GOING PAID, BEFORE THE SYSTEM CHANGE .. WHY CANT I NOW???????? < I WANT THIS ANSWERED .. LOGICALLY ... SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!! I am glad u guys are having good hunts .... Im getting **** ant spikes an this game wont see another DIME from me till I see something wroth mentioning ... an no its not just muleys .... Im trying EVERYTHIGN EVERYWHERE ... even the elks have smaller racks then the muleys I WAS getting before going paid ...... make logic out of that!!!! I coudl find em before, but cant now ... SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

piranha, the answer to your question is easy: You still can find the big ones, as before. It is all only a matter of luck, and we all have good and bad streaks once in a while.

I would simply keep cool, there is no hidden agenda acting against you since you bought a membership. In contrast, the membership has opened up the whole game for you, while you were restricted to only mules before, and could concentrate exclusively on them. Now, you are distracted by many other species and their calls and tracks around you. But the big ones are still out there.

But believe me, there is no reason to think that there is a conspiracy. It is only in your head. Relax, play another game for a while, and return with optimism. :D
Kerion
Scout

Post by Kerion »

pirahna590 wrote: I dont shoot does, waste of my time
My bow skill is doing quite alright with them does.
Belorian
Hunter

Post by Belorian »

Yeah Same Here, I Used The Does For Target Practice When I First Started And To Lvl My Bow,(As it dont lvl as fast - shorter range = less kills)

But Now If I Dont Hear A Male Call Out & I Have A Doe Nearby Annoying Me,
I Will Take Her Down With The Bow Almost Always Instant Kill HS As She So Close
(So Minimal Noise)
Same Thing Applies For Female, Turkey/Pheasent/Hogs(lower scores)
~~HUNTING RIG~~
// CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.6Ghz || GPU: GTX1060 @ 2.2Ghz || RAM: DDR3 @ 1.9Ghz \\
// TRACK IR(Head Tracking) || FULL DETAIL @ 3660 x 1660 on 50" 4K OLED TV \\

Return to “General Chat”