"The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Seven hours away from "Game on". Clean and oil your pistols folks, gun-smoke is about to fill the air on Settler Creeks! :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tanngnjostr wrote: I think you do. It's been that way in past competitions.

In many other comps Marc , a single score would be enough for these UHC points , even if many species were required . I've done that in the past a lot .
A good example , is the late Ibex one , where i was missing the BHS and still got the points . Like i said , i have lots of past comps like that .

Maybe that one was coded in that way , with a complete score needed . There was no mention about that though .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DYEUZ wrote:In many other comps Marc , a single score would be enough for these UHC points , even if many species were required . I've done that in the past a lot .
A good example , is the late Ibex one , where i was missing the BHS and still got the points . Like i said , i have lots of past comps like that .
You're right, it's not the same for every comp. I guess it depends on whether the competition makes a difference between "complete" and "incomplete" scores. In that case UHC seems to award points only to those on the "complete" leaderboard.
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Q for all you guys :What is your estimated total combined score , for a top 3 spot ?

My guess :
Spoiler:
47 000 +
Good luck to all .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DYEUZ wrote:Q for all you guys :What is your estimated total combined score , for a top 3 spot ?

My guess :
Spoiler:
47 000 +
Good luck to all .
My guess- just adding up the scores not knowing the formula for normalized figure is 496.7 ~ That are the scores, but the HV? that's the unknown in this - Elk and bear are going to be difficult to get that 100% - But my experience from the last couple, that HV is almost more important than having a LB score animal - I will predict the top 5 will have 2 LB scoring animals (top 100) But that's what you need to go into this thinking and I'm satisfied with getting at least close - This one though is going to be a little trickier than the last ones for sure. take an elk for example, big score number where 30 less points with better HV might be the better score ??? I know that was the case for me with the coyote on Loggers - Now the bear, with such a small range of score, each point is going to be huge in terms of final score.
Elk-397/Bear-23/Turkey-67.5/Cat-9.1 ~ that's kind of what I think.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Len ... ahhh ! I see . Normalized scores . So , i'm in the field of potatoes with my guess then .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I can not say what scores will be needed to win, but i believe the winners will be the ones who can get a decent bear with a 100%HV the HV in the bear is the trickiest part of this competition imo, a bad shot can lead to a low HV or worst, void the whole hunt.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

DYEUZ wrote:Q for all you guys :What is your estimated total combined score , for a top 3 spot ?
I think my (ok, maybe not mine, but somebody's) first place score is going to be about 377.1 points.
Second place will be a heartbreaking 374.3 points.
Third place spot, about 365.0 points.

I mean, I really haven't a clue but those are gonna be my guesses. I'm pretty sure 100% HV is easily doable on turkeys and cats. And I mean, I just killed a third bear in a practice hunt and it was 100% HV with the .45LC, so don't tell me for a second that you veterans can't pull off a 100% HV on your big bear too. Just get close and knock em off their feet. The elk I'm not as certain on since I've only shot one with the .45, but even a rushed 20m lung shot still got me a HV of not quite 90%. If I can pull off 100% HV on two of those animals fairly effortlessly, one with some good luck, and a 90% on the last one hardly trying, then I know for a fact that several of the pros that frequent these comps are going to have no problem whatsoever pulling off 100% HV on all four animals.

As for the scores, I expect the top two placers to have a 365+ elk, 23+ bear, 9+ cats and 67+ turkeys. I don't know the max scores used for determining normalized scores so I can't make exact number guesses, but having one of each of those scores should net you like 370ish? based on my perceived maxes. Third place is gonna come in with a slightly smaller bear or turkey and sit around 365 points for it.

Of course, those guesses could be a ways off since I can't accurately guess the normalized scores, but the bottom line is that 1st and 3rd place will be within like 10-12 points of each other.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I too think the key will be getting the 100% HV on all 4 animals. Perhaps more important than getting, say a top 10% score. Which, to me means it was a well designed comp. it's not just about getting a 'monster' of each species.

The highest possible score is 400. So I think those guesses in the high 300's, 365-375 are probably good guesses.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well finally drop a bear with 100% hv double lung, it really need a good angle to be done, i did it from a tree stand at 15 meters, but the ironic part is that i had other bears at point blank(2mts)and the shots were body only, not even intestine or something, maybe at that distance the .45 is better or have more penetration but the .44 really need good aiming(what i lack apparently), i had to put down those with a rifle before they run too far. The best part is that the little .22 can drop a Turkey at almost 100 meters and still get a 90% or more HV.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... n/85237567
That is my last practice hunt, if you want to check the bears and see the detailed results. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”