Saint Patrick's Event 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Saint Patrick's Event 2019

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hawkeye wrote:
Nedbella wrote::cry: I'm having a lot of trouble finding pots. Only one so far. Where is a good place to look or are they just really hard to find. Do they stick out like the heart balloons or are they just hard to spot. HEEEELLLP!
They are harder to spot. For me, it seems like you can't see them from as far away, and they kind of just pop in around 30-40m from you. There's been some good advice in this thread, but mainly two strategies. Go to WRR and sprint up the eastern coast line along the beach (there's no grass there), or if you have a jeep, go drive around Hirschfelden fields or Bushranger's Run. Sprinting around either of those places should find you some. Good luck.
I don't think this is how it should be. In my opinion these collectable missions should realistically be doable as "side missions" while hunting regularly for a few hours during the event. You shouldn't have to do weird stuff like mentioned above (running around WRR or driving around with the Jeep) in order to finish the mission. I had no problems getting my Valentine collectables while hunting for a competition, but this time it'll be hard for me to find 7 pots of gold without doing what you mentioned. They should've put more pots into the reserves in my opinion.
Anyway, it's still nice that EW does such missions that give us more towers! :)
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Hunting at 7:00am on the east side of RFF (where the grass is short) I found 4 in about an hour real time. I wasn't running around, I was hunting. They stand out quite well there in low light conditions. I didn't find much else though.... :?
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
Nedbella wrote::cry: I'm having a lot of trouble finding pots. Only one so far. Where is a good place to look or are they just really hard to find. Do they stick out like the heart balloons or are they just hard to spot. HEEEELLLP!
They are harder to spot. For me, it seems like you can't see them from as far away, and they kind of just pop in around 30-40m from you. There's been some good advice in this thread, but mainly two strategies. Go to WRR and sprint up the eastern coast line along the beach (there's no grass there), or if you have a jeep, go drive around Hirschfelden fields or Bushranger's Run. Sprinting around either of those places should find you some. Good luck.
I don't think this is how it should be. In my opinion these collectable missions should realistically be doable as "side missions" while hunting regularly for a few hours during the event. You shouldn't have to do weird stuff like mentioned above (running around WRR or driving around with the Jeep) in order to finish the mission. I had no problems getting my Valentine collectables while hunting for a competition, but this time it'll be hard for me to find 7 pots of gold without doing what you mentioned. They should've put more pots into the reserves in my opinion.
Anyway, it's still nice that EW does such missions that give us more towers! :)
I 100% agree with you. Nothing I hate more than sprinting or driving around when I want to be hunting. This is the first time I've had to do it. Most of these I can just complete while on normal hunts. After 3 hunts without finding a single one, I knew that wasn't going to work with this one. Towers are always a nice reward for these though.
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

viva...

I've managed to get all my pots in WRR using Hoocairs tips - starting the hunts at the most early hour possible - 5 am... all the pots and tracks will stand out like flashlights in the night! :)
It took a awhile- in total I had spend more than 6 real time hours in WRR (4 sessions in the big cold white) to do it, but I was mainly hunting all the time- not just trying to find the pots.

So just my two cents - go out hunting as usual, use the reserves that others hunters recommend (forget Picabeen and Timber :lol: they were my first choice and I haven't found one single pot in them) but keep your eyes open, you'll succeed, but it won't be as easy as Valentine's mission, that's for sure!
:mrgreen:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Yarrymasa wrote:I've managed to get all my pots...
Glad to hear you made it! Enjoy the tower. Put it in Timbergold to see the future pots better. :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Trophy Saint Patrick's Event 2019 like valerentin day? :shock:Image
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

HooCairs wrote:
Yarrymasa wrote:I've managed to get all my pots...
Glad to hear you made it! Enjoy the tower. Put it in Timbergold to see the future pots better. :P
Thank you Hoo, your tips were invaluable... :)
Putting the tower in Timber?? :lol: naaaa I think I'll set this one in VdB... no need to worry anymore with pots :lol:
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:Trophy Saint Patrick's Event 2019 like valerentin day? :shock:Image
so i don´t need this^^
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

muledeer wrote:so i don´t need this^^
Just saw this trophy in your profile. How did you get that two days ago?

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

I found most the pots in hirshfelden in the raised ground between the fields . the first four i lost . I never thought I was going to find them on time because only then I discovered that I had not activated the mission. I took the jeep and drove all over the fields but didn't find much. then i started to zig zag between the fields and found 5 with one fuel tank. Hope it helps

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”