The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Game Update - 20th February 2019

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:Image
A sneak peak of things to come with the new business model? :?:
I'm not 100% sure if memory serves me well here, but didn't we once have an event competition with a buy-in? I think that the community feedback wasn't too good back then, but maybe with a different business model it could be something that becomes the norm. Now if we wouldn't have to pay for memberships any more (which has not been confirmed), charging a small amount as a buy-in for certain competitions might be something they consider.

All speculation of course.
I would not have a problem with a small buy in to an event or comp assuming of course the buy in went towards a worth wild prize pool.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:Image
A sneak peak of things to come with the new business model? :?:
I'm not 100% sure if memory serves me well here, but didn't we once have an event competition with a buy-in? I think that the community feedback wasn't too good back then, but maybe with a different business model it could be something that becomes the norm. Now if we wouldn't have to pay for memberships any more (which has not been confirmed), charging a small amount as a buy-in for certain competitions might be something they consider.

All speculation of course.

I remember that too, it was something were players had to buy a ticket or something like that, but i dont remember the theme of the event, it was a long time ago and it seem never again was implemented that system in the other events.

Its possible that the future events are divided between free players and members, with different rewards for each group and so if a free player want to participate and compete for the same rewards than members he could need buy a ticket with ems, well is just a theory of course.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

JamboWhoDat wrote:I would not have a problem with a small buy in to an event or comp assuming of course the buy in went towards a worth wild prize pool.
I also wouldn't have a problem with this, but it's technically a form of gambling. I once planned to host such a community competition and was told I would not be able to advertise it on the forum if I did, since it constituted gambling. There are very tight restrictions on this in Europe. Having said that, I would imagine there are other games that do it. I can't think of one though. Maybe there's not?

If it was technically and legally possible, without Expansive Worlds requiring a license, then it would certainly help build up some of the prizes for official competitions and events.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

VonStratos wrote:I remember that too, it was something were players had to buy a ticket or something like that, but i dont remember the theme of the event, it was a long time ago and it seem never again was implemented that system in the other events.
This one?
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 3&p=708439

Players would have to buy a ticket for 25em$ if they didn't complete a tough mission or place in the first 4 of a tournament.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yes most probably that one, i didn't remember much about that time because i didn't take part on that event, had too few ems in that time.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

calamar2000 wrote: 10 foio !! lol !
Pas compris ce que tu veux dire calamar2000 ???

Not understood what you mean calamar2000 ???
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

in French, it is not specified that Em$ can be used for events

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

In German it is stated that it can be used to participate in special events.

Looks to me as if the French translator made a first translation, EW changed the text, and the translator didn't do an update.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HooCairs wrote:In German it is stated that it can be used to participate in special events.

Looks to me as if the French translator made a first translation, EW changed the text, and the translator didn't do an update.
Either that or France are just automatically excluded. Yep, I think it's probably that :?
ryan.berens

Post by ryan.berens »

Alright this is starting to get ridiculous first you get rid of the memberships then every time I get on (every couple days) it says a new patch has been released then it takes 20 minutes to be done why is the management and development team always doing these patches because im about to leave this whole game and be done with it and go with something else that has nothing to do with anything like this I bought a membership to enjoy it and all I have been getting is downloading it sucks.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”