Status Update - 12th of February 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Tod1d wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:It basically acts as a string silencer. The tip is hard rubber and when the string hits that it kills vibration instantly, along with noise.

I agree though. Compounds have to many gadgets on them nowadays.
Don't they make them for traditional bows too? Attach to string near the end of the limbs?
You mean like this?

I don't know if this is what you meant or not, but these are called brush buttons. They're used to prevent sticks and stuff from getting lodged in between the string and the limb when walking through the woods. I don't like them since they seem to make the bow vibrate more and shoot a bit slower.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

could be. I thought they were for string dampening. I think I've also seen fluffy little cat toy looking things on some.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Ya beat me to it. I never liked them either. I did use simple string silencer.
Spoiler:
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

With all respect, but why is that melanistic coyote the rare of the week? I recently shot 3 of them in 8 days and no, I'm not kidding. :)

This is my rare of the week, a SUPER RARE melanistic Rocky Mountain Elk (something that most of us won't shoot in a life time) shot by Lor45 6 days ago and scoring 359.172:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Toledo wrote:With all respect, but why is that melanistic coyote the rare of the week? I recently shot 3 of them in 8 days and no, I'm not kidding. :)
I suspect the winners are probably chosen based on what stands out at the time. Subjective rather than prescriptive. As a community we've established what constitutes a rare and what constitutes an exceptional once-in-a-lifetime rare, plus everything in between. I don't think that "scale" comes into the equation when determining the winner. Composition probably also plays a role. I don't think that's a bad thing since often a low-scoring rare, or even one without a score, can look fantastic if the shot is right.
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

caledonianblues wrote:
Toledo wrote:With all respect, but why is that melanistic coyote the rare of the week? I recently shot 3 of them in 8 days and no, I'm not kidding. :)
I suspect the winners are probably chosen based on what stands out at the time. Subjective rather than prescriptive. As a community we've established what constitutes a rare and what constitutes an exceptional once-in-a-lifetime rare, plus everything in between. I don't think that "scale" comes into the equation when determining the winner. Composition probably also plays a role. I don't think that's a bad thing since often a low-scoring rare, or even one without a score, can look fantastic if the shot is right.
You would have a point if it wasn't fact that the trophy shot isn't all that great. Mind you, I'm not overly impressed by the elk trophy shot either, but when both look average, then the fact that one happens to be a super rare should be the decisive factor, don't you agree?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Toledo wrote:You would have a point if it wasn't fact that it's a poor looking trophy shot.
I'm not saying I would have chosen it. I was just speculating as to what the selection process might be. I could be completely wrong. Winning trophies have been questioned numerous times in the past, and I'm sure you won't be the last to question one.
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

caledonianblues wrote:I'm not saying I would have chosen it. I was just speculating as to what the selection process might be.
I don't care what their selection process might be, all I know is that we have an average looking trophy shot of a melanistic elk and an average looking trophy shot of a melanistic coyote, which becomes the rare of the week with a low score of 37, while the melanistic elk happens to be a super rare, a super rare that some of us don't even shoot in a life time. The logic of it completely escapes me and I'm sure that I'm not the only one thinking that way. :)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Toledo wrote:I don't care what their selection process might be, all I know is that we have an average looking trophy shot of a melanistic elk and an average looking trophy shot of a melanistic coyote, which becomes the rare of the week with a low score of 37, while the melanistic elk happens to be a super rare, a super rare that some of us don't even shoot in a life time. The logic of it completely escapes me and I'm sure that I'm not the only one thinking that way. :)
It sounds like you do care what the selection process might be, since it's clearly not working for you :)

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but I think when emotion and personal preference are involved in a decision-making process, there will always be surprises.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Guess I got some saving to do for that new bow.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”