Trophy of the Week Contest [No Rares or Non-Typicals Please]

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Trophy of the Week Contest [No Rares Please]

Post by XxStrong1xX »

SuperMagnum wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:
SuperMagnum wrote:We had a little disagreement who can use a bathroom :D
Thanks for the reply! I know pretty well if animal is trophy animal or not in this game since I have been playing almost ten years... And yes I know also how to check them. If this is not correct thread for my trophyshot I apologize but then also instructions on the first page of this thread are missleading. There it says as following:

"Score is not a consideration to win this contest. Trophy shots will be judged on composition, creativity, and content.

Posts that criticize other posts for being rare, or too low score, or anything else that's not breaking the CoC will be removed.

If a post is breaking the CoC, as always, please use the report button to report it."
Oh I agree they are very misleading. From my understanding it is for true trophy animals but they only mean that the highest scoring animal isn't necessarily going to win.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
laci7894565

Post by laci7894565 »

200 point whitetail deer on Readfather Falls
Button

Post by Button »

Image 123.478 Bison
BigGameHunter_21
Scout

Post by BigGameHunter_21 »

SuperMagnum wrote:We had a little disagreement who can use a bathroom :D
Scoresheet: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/supe ... /637385745
I feel your pain :P
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

XxStrong1xX wrote:
SuperMagnum wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote: Thanks for the reply! I know pretty well if animal is trophy animal or not in this game since I have been playing almost ten years... And yes I know also how to check them. If this is not correct thread for my trophyshot I apologize but then also instructions on the first page of this thread are missleading. There it says as following:

"Score is not a consideration to win this contest. Trophy shots will be judged on composition, creativity, and content.

Posts that criticize other posts for being rare, or too low score, or anything else that's not breaking the CoC will be removed.

If a post is breaking the CoC, as always, please use the report button to report it."
Oh I agree they are very misleading. From my understanding it is for true trophy animals but they only mean that the highest scoring animal isn't necessarily going to win.
No they are not unclear, how it reads is how it is intended. This is not "Biggest Animal of the Week" It is simply "Trophy of the Week" Which means people can add whatever they feel is a Trophy to them. However like mentioned, one factor it is judged on is composition. This means that a good looking animal is easier to compose well, than a bland looking one, if you get me? So while it is not score based, score can assist in making a good looking trophy shot.
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

TreeKiwi wrote:This means that a good looking animal is easier to compose well, than a bland looking one.
You lost me on that one TK. How well an animal looks is irrelevant for a good composition, those are two different things, not to mention that it takes more than just a good composition to make a good photo.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Toledo wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:This means that a good looking animal is easier to compose well, than a bland looking one.
You lost me on that one TK. How well an animal looks is irrelevant for a good composition, those are two different things, not to mention that it takes more than just a good composition to make a good photo.
Not really, there is a reason that they use good looking models in advertising.
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Toledo wrote:
Not really, there is a reason that they use good looking models in advertising.
I give up. :roll:
SuperMagnum

Post by SuperMagnum »

TreeKiwi wrote:No they are not unclear, how it reads is how it is intended. This is not "Biggest Animal of the Week" It is simply "Trophy of the Week" Which means people can add whatever they feel is a Trophy to them. However like mentioned, one factor it is judged on is composition. This means that a good looking animal is easier to compose well, than a bland looking one, if you get me? So while it is not score based, score can assist in making a good looking trophy shot.
That is very good point in my opinion. The score is just one measurement of the value of the harvest. At least in real life picture of me and animal I hunted can bring so much good memories from that exact hunting situation which happened back then. Those memories are always greater prize than any score. There is no need for trophy to be high scoring if it brought some forever lasting memories that you can cherish later. When I take trophy shots in the game I do follow that same guidance and if the situation is worth a picture I want to immortalize it. But I'm not saying that I wouldn't mind high scoring trophies :D They are just cherry on the top of the cake :D
Cashole42
Spotter

Post by Cashole42 »

22.401 black bear. First blonde, this guy finished up my black bear variant collection. Also the best bear pose I've ever managed.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”