"Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DeadClopz wrote:At least I'm I'm the board with all animals counted 4, if I manage to beat my own score has yet to be determined. The fact I was able to kill 12 animals with out a miss is an accomplishment in it's own right. Oh Jello shots, How I missed you.
Indeed! 12 shots- 12 kills, now treat yourself to 12 Jello Shots! Nicely done DC! ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

I just harvested my first Albino Coyote ever, but don't worry, it can't be counted for this comp because it wasn't the first one I harvested during the hunt, and of course it wasn't heavier than the first one I harvested during the hunt or the one that I already had on the leaderboard. Not worth a dime in this comp, but it'll be nice to look at in my rares lodge and will be a constant reminder that I should always wait for an albino to come around before I shoot a common. ;)

Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Awesome Yote Nocked!!! a real gem regardless of score! Everytime I see a ghost yote I think back to my great friend Flanker - It took him over 600 dogs to get his albino. He was a real master at hunting dogs and I like to say everything I learned about hunting them I learned from him. I still chat with him from time to time and will always be one of those guys special to The Hunter family.

I picked up this little feller last night myself. WIsh he would've been bigger but it was still cool to come across. I had spotted some horns sticking up in the grass, he was sleeping. I actually thought it was a blacktail and waited for him to wake up- boy was I surprised :lol: I didn't know it was a pie or a elk - would've made a better BT though :D

I did another hunt this morning and it turned out to be all about this one! He spotted 85-95 so at least what I had with potential. When I saw the weight @93kg I knew this hunt was pretty much all about him
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nice lookin' yote 4-sure! Too bad he didn't fill in one of your blocks Nockedup. 8-) Peace.
Rad, looks like I have some work cut out for me- there has to be a 480 Elk out there and a 95 BT! :P :P Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

comp has just started and there`s already a 99kg whitetail sitting on the board :o awesome stuff
and a very nice doggy Nockedup. I think they are released just for BC`s comps :) (found my albino yote in one of his comps aswell)

my 1st attempt started real bad, got better during the hunt , and ended in a mess :cry: I only found a few small bucks and lots of female blacktails in the north, so i went south to a treestand to see what shows up . on my way i found a good yote and right after i left the ts i came across my first melanistic BT .
nothing big (62,1Kg) but all the other BT`s i saw in the hunt were -80 Kg max so i would have submitted him.

a little later i bagged a 96 Kg WT and now i only had to find a big elk to make this hunt worth a submission.
but then the incompetent people from ew decided it would be a good idea to release a patch on saturday afternoon ( the time most of the european players have time to play ) and as always when they touch the server some animals become unable to be harvested.
it was a yote i shot south of the lake on the northern island. he dropped on the spot and here he is as a proof that no shot was missed :lol: .
It`s a shame to come here and always have something to complain about but it`s so annoying when you try to compete with others, only have 5 attempts
and stuff you got no control of , is ruining the fun.
melanistic deer ,not-too-bad WT and Coyote and ofc 1st attempt down the drain :x
i could overlook all the little bugs , crappy engine and all the other things that don`t work as they should in the past. aswell as the things i can`t say on here , but it`s all adding up to a point where i will think twice if it`s really worth the wasted time and frustration starting another hunt. I can shake my head, take a deep breath and take it in stride as much as i want , it`s not gonna prevent those things from happening over and over again
Stats
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Good to see so many rares being hammered! Great comp, BCK, just meat and potatoes, with the emphasis on the MEAT! I see that Radamus has bounced into contention, so now I have to forego shoveling my patio this afternoon to kick his narrow a$$!! Well, my wife will certainly be pleased when she gets home; she understands priorities! ;)

Good luck to all, and I hope everyone gets at least one monster for the wind-up barbeque! :P C'mon BCK, how about a 210 Whitetail to go with that piddling 425 Roosey cluttering up your lodge? Get on it dude! I'm all in folks! "Five to one baby, one in five, no one here gets out alive!" :twisted:
Last edited by JimboCrow on January 12th, 2019, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

WHERE ARE THE ELK BULLS ?? :?
Just ended a hunt out of discouragement . 4 real hours / almost 15 kms and saw 6 Elk bulls ! 2 payed the price of my insatisfaction .
Started on small island . Did pretty much all the spots i know . Went to big island and it was sooooo calm and quiet , i almost slept walked .
Came back to the small island and saw and heard pretty much the same as in the morning .
A good news is that i improved on my WT . So , next attempts are for them ghost Elks .
;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

As usual I find some good stuff when hunting for one of BCKidd's comps! :D

Personal best yote scoring 58.037:

Sorry for the missing trophy shot - I'm still a guest... but who knows. ;)
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DYEUZ wrote:WHERE ARE THE ELK BULLS ?? :?
Just ended a hunt out of discouragement . 4 real hours / almost 15 kms and saw 6 Elk bulls ! 2 payed the price of my insatisfaction .
Started on small island . Did pretty much all the spots i know . Went to big island and it was sooooo calm and quiet , i almost slept walked .
Came back to the small island and saw and heard pretty much the same as in the morning .
A good news is that i improved on my WT . So , next attempts are for them ghost Elks .
;)

From my experience, before bobcats Elk used be all around the south island and other areas of WH, but more recently i found them in the middle, in the area among the big lake and the "golden treestand" area, and in the north wets of the north lodge, but that is just where i have spotted them, but doesn't mean they cant be in other areas too.

And congratulations, very nice rares people. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

JimboCrow wrote:Good to see so many rares being hammered! Great comp, BCK, just meat and potatoes, with the emphasis on the MEAT! I see that Radamus has bounced into contention, so now I have to forego shoveling my patio this afternoon to kick his narrow a$$!! Well, my wife will certainly be pleased when she gets home; she understands priorities! ;)

Good luck to all, and I hope everyone gets at least one monster for the wind-up barbeque! :P C'mon BCK, how about a 210 Whitetail to go with that piddling 425 Roosey cluttering up your lodge? Get on it dude! I'm all in folks! "Five to one baby, one in five, no one here gets out alive!" :twisted:
:lol: :lol: "the old get old, and the young get stronger..." You can bet I'll be doin' all I can to make Rad cry- and with your sassy attitude Jimbo- you're next! :twisted: :evil: :P :P :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

No Surrender!

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”