Check-In from EW.

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Check-In from EW.

Post by ronMctube »

can the animation on the 3rd person at the tent to first person transition be made smoother or put back to how it was ? very robotic. before it was just straight to first person. now there is a right to left spin.
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Pretty_Boy wrote:Hey Graham, thanks for info! Say hello to your sick staff member from me, I wish him/her the best with hopefully a quick&sweet revival!

It's been a long Christmas, and It's very easy to eat too much of a "pack a punch" & drink too much of a "speed cola"! When I look down now after this Christmas, I don't see my shoes anymore. I must take a quick&dirty diet with cornflakes and water bigtime I guess. The nordic climate is also very rough this year, my opinion since I myself have the 3rd cold in just a couple of months.

Take care everyone and have some happy hunting :)
I spent the entire winter break with back to back flu and then pneumonia (2 weeks of absolute nastiness), so I actually LOST a bunch of weight. :D
ronMctube wrote:can the animation on the 3rd person at the tent to first person transition be made smoother or put back to how it was ? very robotic. before it was just straight to first person. now there is a right to left spin.
I'll pass it on!
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Also, the germs are still winning, patch isn't going to happen today we're sorry to say. :(
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Do i understand , that if you guys were a hockey team and your top goal scorer , your star player ,would be injured or sick and not playing , you would never win any games until he came back ? Like , no other players can score goals !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

DYEUZ wrote:Do i understand , that if you guys were a hockey team and your top goal scorer , your star player ,would be injured or sick and not playing , you would never win any games until he came back ? Like , no other players can score goals !
I read the line "critical staff member sick" several times, maybe it's suppose to say "staff member critical sick"...?

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Pretty_Boy wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:Do i understand , that if you guys were a hockey team and your top goal scorer , your star player ,would be injured or sick and not playing , you would never win any games until he came back ? Like , no other players can score goals !
I read the line "critical staff member sick" several times, maybe it's suppose to say "staff member critical sick"...?
The end result is the same; a bottleneck that causes everything to grind to a halt. Not like that's a problem unique to Expansive Worlds. It's more common than you'd think. Even in large companies that people perceive to be world class, there are still bottlenecks caused by individuals.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Most companies don't have extra employees for the same exact position just in case one is sick! If you have a company that only needs one of each of X they're not gonna have spares lying about :lol:
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

caledonianblues wrote:
Pretty_Boy wrote:I read the line "critical staff member sick" several times, maybe it's suppose to say "staff member critical sick"...?
The end result is the same; a bottleneck that causes everything to grind to a halt.
Yes and more yes I would answer to this. Let me try to explain the difference how I look at it.

1. "critical staff member sick" - Agree to bottleneck, maybe 1-3 days sick. An absolute 100% bottleneck is possible, but no/little negative feelings are spread around the office.
2. "staff member critical sick" - Agree to bottleneck, but maybe he/she never comes back and needs to be replaced. An absolute 100% bottleneck is possible, but negative feelings can be spread around the office, causing others maybe to be sick too. So this bottleneck can be of a much larger and longer scale.

Agree to the other words you mentioned ;)

Sorry about my dry jokes, but sometimes the way I see it, i wonder if my jokes are so incredible dry for those who read it, that they almost have to lubricate with moisturizer afterwards, I have to smear every day so I don't dry out, but this is due to the cold climate and not due to my dry jokes. I think I need to learn and understand people and blend in sideways even before I try to understand my dry jokes. (google translate) :? :lol:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I hear what you're saying Pretty Boy and there is a distinct difference, but whether the staff member in question is critical but just happens to be sick, or is critically sick, is not something we as players should be concerned with. Don't get me wrong I wish the staff member a speedy recovery and return to work, as I'm sure we all do, but the problem is not ours to think about, or solve. Single points of failure can have disastrous consequences on a business, and quite often those are people. If someone is critical to the development of the game, and the game literally can't be patched without them, then someone in management needs to address that. Because let's face it, this is a live ops game, and patching is a fairly fundamental requirement in a live ops environment.
MacgyverJr

Post by MacgyverJr »

Hi! I would like to know if the weekend sales are also for a while excluded, ¿the absence of the staff does this cause complicated?. Because it has been strange to me that since the end of the holiday event there have been no sales these last two weekends.

Greetings and prompt recovery to the sick coworker! :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”