Status Update - 28th November 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 28th November 2018

Post by fantamichele »

I tried the jeep, it works very well, uphill is a bit slow but that's fine. The only problem is the fuel, with 50 units I managed to make the round you see in the screenshot.

Edit: The mileage traveled by jeep do not count for the purpose of statistics, the huntermate not score any kilometer.
Last edited by fantamichele on November 28th, 2018, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

TreeKiwi wrote: I think my stabilizer is only 2-3" at the moment?
Looks like the same stabilizer that came with my Craze. Trust me man, that's all you need to get the job done. I'm getting the feeling from your posts (and that target...) that you've already shot your bow more times than I have in my several years of owning it and I've made a few kills with it just fine. If I can do it you most certainly can! Like Len said, don't get caught up in all the little features. You've already got yourself a killer weapon there!

So here's another question for you, if one buys a 6 month membership as a gift right now, but the recipient of said gift doesn't redeem the gift code until after December 5th, will they still get the jeep? Is a jeep forever tied to that gift code until it is redeemed or must the code also be redeemed this week?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Good stuff Matt- you have all the right stuff there so now it's all about you- when you have to glue nocks back on after every practice you're getting closer :D - until then, focus on nothing but the "X" and all those steps will come naturally without thought. I found trying different releases made a lot of difference when I finally landed on the one for me- unfortunately it's not a cheap experimental route. I ended up with a wrist strap (actually feels like pulling with your forearm, not fingers), ball bearing type with adjustments for everything in the trigger. When you land on the one for you you will know it.

BTW - I didn't see the Pulsar loading bug fix on the list- you just left it off my mistake right????

Oh, and I got the Jurrasic park jeep- that's a no brainer with 6 months- it's free! but I think you all need to pump up the distance on a tank thing- that's the one complaint I see. it doesn't go far on a tank. I noticed that on the stream and Michele's map backs it up -
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

THANKS for the GREAT Status Update EW!!! Think I will get the Stallion Jeep (which looks really COOL) with the 6-Month Membership Extension. he he

Wetland :D
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

xOEDragonx wrote: Looks like the same stabilizer that came with my Craze. Trust me man, that's all you need to get the job done. I'm getting the feeling from your posts (and that target...) that you've already shot your bow more times than I have in my several years of owning it and I've made a few kills with it just fine. If I can do it you most certainly can! Like Len said, don't get caught up in all the little features. You've already got yourself a killer weapon there!

So here's another question for you, if one buys a 6 month membership as a gift right now, but the recipient of said gift doesn't redeem the gift code until after December 5th, will they still get the jeep? Is a jeep forever tied to that gift code until it is redeemed or must the code also be redeemed this week?
Thanks a bunch!

I checked with the team and they say that as long as it was purchased in the limited time, the data that is allocated to the code should stay with it. But if it does not happen, just contact support and we will sort it out!
Radamus wrote: BTW - I didn't see the Pulsar loading bug fix on the list- you just left it off my mistake right????

Oh, and I got the Jurrasic park jeep- that's a no brainer with 6 months- it's free! but I think you all need to pump up the distance on a tank thing- that's the one complaint I see. it doesn't go far on a tank. I noticed that on the stream and Michele's map backs it up -
Cheers Len!

Pulsar is getting looked at still and we will monitor feedback about the fuel usage.
_HW_Uwe1992

Post by _HW_Uwe1992 »

I find it a joke to demand money for gasoline. A 50 unit is absolutely too little. I think that's really a real mess. And I will not buy it that way. I hope the other players boycott this audacity.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Radamus wrote:Mat, don't get caught up in all the doo-dads for the bow - looking at your target, you aren't close enough to begin to fine-tune anything about it- After 10 thousand arrows it will start to make sense. All that really matters is first and foremost, the proper draw, consistent anchor set and release. Are you using a wrist strap? if not, you're gripping the riser- that's a no-no and why you should be using a wrist strap so you don't drop the bow aka~proper grip, which is no-grip.
Thanks Len,

Yeah I am going to do the fine tuning once I get my groups tighter. Best I have done is 4 out of 5 arrows in about 4", my peep sight is slighting too high as well which makes things a pain, I will adjust that when I get sometime this weekend. Yes I have a wrist strap and do not hang on to the riser, I have a relaxed grip and could open my fingers up if needed. :) So many steps to remember before the arrow is released, each night I focus on a different stage, last night it was hand to chin, kisser to corner of my mouth, string on nose and then focus.
Are you using fingers or a mechanical release? Try tucking the first knuckle of your pointer finger right up under your ear. That's what I used to do and it gave a really solid, consistent anchor. The problem with hand on the chin is your hand can move around a little bit and be inconsistent at times which will affect your grouping. If you put a video up of you shooting I'm sure lots of people on here could help you out. Archery is just something that you have to figure out on your own sometimes. Find what works best for you and stick with it.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Does this mean you get two of them when you upgrade? Just askin'... Says 3 items included.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

NaturaL wrote:What will be the features?
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Vehicles
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Does this mean you get two of them when you upgrade? Just askin'... Says 3 items included.

No, you actually can't purchase two of the same Park Ranger. We have amended that double line of text :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”