Status Update - 21st November 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update - 21st November 2018

Post by caledonianblues »

Pittie wrote:Ethical?? Sorry, but I stopped watching this Video after a few minutes. For me such spear-hunter as on the Video are on the growth-stage of a Stone Age hunter.
Very very disagree. Such links should not be publicized.
I used to think spear hunting was unethical too. Then I watched this very video several weeks ago, and completely changed my mind. The effectiveness of that shot simply cannot be disputed. It was clean, fast and easily as ethical as a well placed bullet or arrow.

No matter what the weapon, there's always a chance of a bad shot that leads to undue suffering. It comes down to patience and whether the hunter is respectful and responsible. In the right hands a spear can work just as well as any other weapon.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

This doesn't look like a quad, for me it looks like some Jeep or Land rover:
Look at the rear area in both pics.

I love that Jeeps, but for irl or driving simulators, i think its gonna be hard to drive such thing in The Hunter maps, let alone not interfere with the wildlife. Maybe its gonna be bounded to the bigger maps like TgT and restricted to the roads only (with invisible borders) or something like that, but anyway, we will know tomorrow.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

VonStratos wrote:This doesn't look like a quad, for me it looks like some Jeep or Land rover.
Yeah, agreed. I've owned a few Jeeps in my time, latterly a Wrangler. The wheel arches are unmistakable. Then the horizontal line for the detachable roof above the real wheel arch, just gives it away. Plus the curved outline of the door.

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Not sure what to think about that. I would have preferred something small. I do not want to be ungrateful, maybe the classic team was not allowed to use the same type of vehicle?
Jeep is definitely not something I wanted.
Code: Select all
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

I did say it was a Landrover or Jeep from the very start but no one listened.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

kateeyenew wrote:I would love if the vehicle is battery/solar powered!!!
Hahaha! You can bet your bottom dollar that it's going to run on gas, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to buy gas in the store. ;)
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Jeep is confirmed!

MfG L.E. :shock:

Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Bcz of licence i dont expect Jeep (its anyway now Italian car).... i expect something similiar...

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Pittie wrote:
when a spear is used like this, there is no question in my mind that they are ethical.
Ethical?? Sorry, but I stopped watching this Video after a few minutes. For me such spear-hunter as on the Video are on the growth-stage of a Stone Age hunter.
Very very disagree. Such links should not be publicized.
Pittie, I am not sure if you hunt in real life or not? But it does not matter what weapon you use, if you use it wrong it is never going to be ethical. I also did not believe that a spear could EVER be ethical, but after watching this video and seeing how they use it. When used like this, it is much more ethical than a bow and up there with a gun. The bleed out rate and accuracy with it is amazing. I highly encourage you to watch the actually spearing parts of the video and I am sure you will be surprised.
Pupic wrote:I am just wondering..... why would i watch you and Graham driving around? What am i supposed to see?

From the first pre-release streams i have only learned that what we see is what we get in the update, bugged or not. So what is the point of your videos, maybe to get a feedback from community? but.....hmm ( i could remember e.g. Ibex pre-release stream with many bugs pointed out from which most of them are still here ).
So what is it, please answer me. (this is not a joke, i really want to know what is the deal there)

...On a side note, if you could drive around lets say WRR and shoot some Dall sheep from the side of a mountain ( you know - the deaf ones that do not spook from a gunshot for more than a year now), use Pulsar bow ( messed up since August ) et cetera... and tell us how you feel about it and answer us is that something someone should be fixing - then YES! I will watch that stream and the shiny new Em$ generator whole day long.
Hell, i will enjoy it!
Hey Pupic,

Live streams are not for everybody, but we will be covering all the things you can do with the vehicle and how the spook mechanics and ethical parts of it work... i.e how it is balanced in the game :)

Totally up to you if you want to watch or not.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Hi Mat, just a question (off topic), will you ever see the rangefinder integrated into the 30 x 65 spotting scope? Thank you

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”