Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll ended at November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

2%
26%
7mm-08
57%
15%

Total votes: 194
shotgunjoe

Re: Concurso de Calibre (novo opções de votação)

Post by shotgunjoe »

FOCRJ wrote:It will be a great purchase made by me of this new 7mm so I voted !!! Accuracy is everything!

if the hit boxes are ok :roll:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Concurso de Calibre (novo opções de votação)

Post by HooCairs »

FOCRJ wrote:Accuracy is everything!
I never understand this argument. All rifles are perfectly accurate over the suitable distances unless they shoot pellets. We only need to adjust once we shoot over long ranges, but who wants to do that? 8-)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Mr.Mag00

Re: Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Post by Mr.Mag00 »

Not new info to choose 7mm.
Mainly because its ingame versatility
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all,

It is such a tricky situation to be in here, if I restart the poll I actually have to make a whole new thread as well, not just the poll. Which I think will lose a lot of good discussion?

I have changed the main title of the thread so people should be able to see the difference, I will also run some ads in Facebook and Twitter today. Next week's Status Update will have a good write up in it as well. Remember it is open for four weeks total, I am pretty confident we can get the message across to all that have already voted in that time.

I will try and get a loose list from Pat today in regards to the range of animals you can expect to use the 7mm-08 round on!

I understand it's not ideal, I was just trying to be more reactive to all the good feedback that was happening in the thread :)

Cheers,

TK
Sorry Mat, but you have not changed the
voting options
, you have replaced a caliber that has already been voted on with one that is very different than the one chosen by the most votes. Not exactly kosher to change candidates after the votes are cast.
Spoiler:
cijTheHunter

Post by cijTheHunter »

I think you people will be very disappointed in the performance of the 7mm-08. It's going to be worse than the 308, so if you don't want something like that, choose a different caliber.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

cijTheHunter wrote:I think you people will be very disappointed in the performance of the 7mm-08. It's going to be worse than the 308, so if you don't want something like that, choose a different caliber.
Please elucidate on the contrivance used to make that assertion.

Zarpa
Tracker

Post by Zarpa »

Voted for .243 because it's a nice caliber for the range of animals we have ingame and well, we just have one .243 model after all. .300 would've been my second option.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

I went with 7mm as it sounds like it'd be good all-around.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

As for me, adding more 'stock' weapons does not make any sense, we have a lot of them already.
What would be interesting to do instead is adding improved versions of each rifle. Kind of premium modifications. For example, it would be great to have modifications of classic Mosin, K98 and Lee-Enfield that allow to improve one of main parameters: either reload time, OR weight, OR possibility to install modern scope.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

The 7mm-08 is actually the only real option. Since we already have two different rifles on .223 caliber, the .243 is hilariouysly useless on anything but small game, and the .308win is also somewhat unrealistically powerless caliber for longer range shots, I see the 7mm-08 as only viable option. Hope it would be a better performer than the .243 and .308... 8-)

Return to “Official Community Competitions”