2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by Nathan112244 »

Why do i have the worst luck with these?
I start a hunt, right off the bat get a 181 and 179 wt and it was 2:30am here so i want to go to sleep.
I left my game on all night (2nd time), in game prone (first time was on the menu) and when i get to my game this morning my game was shrunk and when i clicked on it it have the "A new game has been started on this account" and made me end my hunt.
Nathan22Outdoors
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nathan112244 wrote:Why do i have the worst luck with these?
I start a hunt, right off the bat get a 181 and 179 wt and it was 2:30am here so i want to go to sleep.
I left my game on all night (2nd time), in game prone (first time was on the menu) and when i get to my game this morning my game was shrunk and when i clicked on it it have the "A new game has been started on this account" and made me end my hunt.
I'm sorry about your bad luck. :( Leaving a game open for hours has always been risky, depending on the servers and the quality of your connection, but at the moment it will almost guarantee a disconnection after a while. It helps not to alt-tab out and leave the game with the pause window open (as you seemingly did), but still it will happen sooner or later.
Image Image Image
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:Why do i have the worst luck with these?
I'm sorry about your bad luck. :( Leaving a game open for hours has always been risky, depending on the servers and the quality of your connection, but at the moment it will almost guarantee a disconnection after a while. It helps not to alt-tab out and leave the game with the pause window open (as you seemingly did), but still it will happen sooner or later.
I know about the glitch with the "someone opened a game on your account" but that's usually when i shrink the game for too long, During this when i left my game on i was in the game and it automatically shrunk at some point.
Such a stupid glitch that hasn't been fixed, do they not know that probs like 90%+ of their players use the window tab and go on website or even the forums during a hunt?
Nathan22Outdoors
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Wow- Tann you found all those in one hunt? Nice.
:arrow: Bear, yeah don't hunt through until next day. Bad things happen.
:arrow: xOEDragonx- very nice lookin' buck.
:arrow: Nathan- yeah that issue really needs to be looked at, I think. I hate when it happens- jus' remember if it does and it happens in less than 30 mins- walk away from that reserve and wait 30 mins before goin' back at it (or you may get a PM from me).
:arrow: J_Birdman- that Moose knocked me from :lol: 1st place in EW's Moose Wisely. Very nice one indeed- congrats. Glad to see you puttin' up a score.
And I must add I feel damn honored to see JimboCrow up on the LB too. WTG Jimbo! All in all it reads like we're all havin' a pretty fun time. Some hard hittin' competitors are playin' along. That is awesome! When the veterans of this game participate- it sure adds spice. Now I better get out there and prove my worth among all of you... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

That's it for today. Two long hunts,but nothing worth mentioning. :(
Hopefully i'll be able to have some more attempts during the weekdays after work or maybe next weekend.
What a comp!
Peace
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BCKidd wrote:Wow- Tann you found all those in one hunt? Nice.
Thanks, actually it took me three hunts over this weekend. Usually it takes me three years to find those! :lol:

Thinking about it, I seem to find most of my rares and trophies while I'm hunting for one of your comps. I think I'll name one of my lodges after you and put those in. :)
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on October 14th, 2018, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Nope - it's me and every one else in the community who are damn lucky to have people like you BCK, (and David and Tod, and all the others) who put together these comps with all the work and incredible generosity that goes into them. It is a privilege to play friend. Thank you all. :)

Now back to trashing you folks, except that so far I haven't made even a single kill worth mentioning yet. Some nice scores up there. Well done Dyeuz! But it ain't over yet.... 8-)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

JimboCrow wrote:Well done Dyeuz! But it ain't over yet.... 8-)
I know Jimbo. Lots of great players out there and the lucky ones also . :)

I also agree that there is a small group of members that makes this community really great .This group has grown over the years and i think it still is ! ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Wow- Tann you found all those in one hunt? Nice.
Thanks, actually it took me three hunts over this weekend. Usually it takes me three years to find those! :lol:

Thinking about it, I seem to find most of my rares and trophies while I'm hunting for one of your comps. I think I'll name one of my lodges after you and put those in. :)

My theory is that it happens because we are after different animals but not one specific animal, so you can get one big Moose and the others so-so, but since you weren't looking for a Moose particularly the game evil mind cant use the Murphy law, like when you are after Moose only and then the game throw everything at you but a decent Moose :lol:, It happened to me sometimes in the Last summer comp, i didn't got a podium in that comp, but still managed to bag some trophies and ems in the official comps, just for high scoring animals while doing the competition, was like an indirect bonus :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:My theory is that it happens because we are after different animals but not one specific animal, so you can get one big Moose and the others so-so, but since you weren't looking for a Moose particularly the game evil mind cant use the Murphy law, like when you are after Moose only and then the game throw everything at you but a decent Moose :lol:
The game still has that evil, don't worry. Looking at my trophies from this weekend, three blacktail deer and a NT whitetail. Get it?
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”