Status Update - 10th October 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Djehmli
Tracker

Re: Status Update - 10th October 2018

Post by Djehmli »

XxStrong1xX wrote:Thanks for clearing things up Graham!

Hopefully no Kill an airborne White-Tailed Ptarmigan with a longbow, while chewing gum, patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time, type of missions. :D
:o :cry: PLEASE do not give them any more ideas :lol: :P The development team have evil enough imaginations as it is.

Thank you EW for the upcoming event and missions. I did enjoy Halloween last year, though the lighting caused a bit of strain on these old eyes.
Spoiler:

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

EW_Graham wrote:Of course, we are still in-development so things may change (a possibility is we make the .308 pistol the competition prize and the crossbow pistol the mission reward), but otherwise the core way of doing things as mentioned above should apply!
Yes make the Crossbow Pistol the mission award, getting our hands on another stealth weapon would be better than having to wait for the comp to finish.
Also note knowing how you tend to do things with comp rewards I gather people that don't place top 3 or 10 for the .308 Pistol/Crossbow Pistol (whatever weapon it's going to be) will have to wait a long time before they can purchase it?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Djehmli wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:Thanks for clearing things up Graham!

Hopefully no Kill an airborne White-Tailed Ptarmigan with a longbow, while chewing gum, patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time, type of missions. :D
:o :cry: PLEASE do not give them any more ideas :lol: :P The development team have evil enough imaginations as it is.

Thank you EW for the upcoming event and missions. I did enjoy Halloween last year, though the lighting caused a bit of strain on these old eyes.
Just a tipp but the YELLOW tint glasses really help in the gloom of TGT in Halloween, try it it is 50% brighter !! 8-)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I hope the mission packs for the Werewolf or Halloween are better stated than this one, the 9th mission of the Bobcat pack.

"Objectives
Harvest a male Bobcat with a score of 8 or higher at 100% Harvest Value while it's fleeing."

I'm almost certain it is impossible to harvest a fleeing animal. Thinking it would have to be dead first.

Maybe this would have worked better: Harvest a male Bobcat with a score of 8 or higher at 100% Harvest Value, shot while fleeing."

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
neonpossum
Tracker

Post by neonpossum »

When does the halloween event end? On the actual day?
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I hope the mission packs for the Werewolf or Halloween are better stated than this one, the 9th mission of the Bobcat pack.

"Objectives
Harvest a male Bobcat with a score of 8 or higher at 100% Harvest Value while it's fleeing."
Not looking forward to that one. Sounds like a tuffy!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I hope the mission packs for the Werewolf or Halloween are better stated than this one, the 9th mission of the Bobcat pack.

"Objectives

I'm almost certain it is impossible to harvest a fleeing animal. Thinking it would have to be dead first.

Maybe this would have worked better: Harvest a male Bobcat with a score of 8 or higher at 100% Harvest Value, shot while fleeing."
Right now the mission does not work correctly and you can shoot it while it is roaming away to get the objective completed.
So I suggest you do it soon before they fix it where you really have to shoot it while it is fleeing,.. Cuz I saw it reported already in the Bug section after someone did it that way "hint, hint".
I have shot a few Bobcats while fleeing with the 243 & 10 ga w/buckshot but haven't got 100% harvest rate, so I guess it is possible... I just haven't got lined up right yet!
just a little harder for us older guys, but I'm sure I will get one sooner of later................... :roll:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

gas56 wrote: Right now the mission does not work correctly and you can shoot it while it is roaming away to get the objective completed.
So I suggest you do it soon before they fix it where you really have to shoot it while it is fleeing,.. Cuz I saw it reported already in the Bug section after someone did it that way "hint, hint".
Well, I discovered it randomly as I shot a bobcat I encountered while I was heading to the middle tower to set up an e-caller & tent to do mission 9 the proper way.
Since this was not the way the mission was supposed to be done I of course reported it as a bug. I had no intention to benefit from the bug, I didn't even know it existed. If they manage to fix it they can gladly uncheck mission 9 and 10 from my account in order for me to do it the proper way.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Villkatta wrote:
gas56 wrote: Right now the mission does not work correctly and you can shoot it while it is roaming away to get the objective completed.
Well, I discovered it randomly as I shot a bobcat I encountered while I was heading to the middle tower to set up an e-caller & tent to do mission 9 the proper way.
Since this was not the way the mission was supposed to be done I of course reported it as a bug. I had no intention to benefit from the bug, I didn't even know it existed. If they manage to fix it they can gladly uncheck mission 9 and 10 from my account in order for me to do it the proper way.
Well I doubt if they will make players who already got the objective done are going to make them do it over again, it's never happened before on any missions that weren't correct
objectives... And I am trying to do it the way with the fleeing also,..
but I shot a bobcat last night walking away with the mission 9 already activated and my game page went black and I lost the harvest of the Bobcat,...
and would not come back in, but I'm not sure if that was due to an electrical outage on my end due to my sons overloading some power tools in the garage for a few seconds
while I was doing that hunt, but probably more than likely it did instead of the game messing up due to that bug........
I didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong,.. I was just suggesting to some players if they acted quickly before the week-end is over maybe they may be able to do it
the easy way if they are having a hard time doing it the way it suggests to do it........... ;)
It wouldn't bother me one bit how they did it....................... :lol:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Ah, ok. I misinterpreted your post then.
Sometimes I take things way more negative then I should.

But yeah, I agree. Everyone is free to play and do the missions the way they like.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”