2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I really like RFF, but it must be wet season there right now. :?

And yes, those hit boxes are killing me too!
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on October 13th, 2018, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I really like RFF, but it must be wet season there right now.
Well, it is Red Feather FALLS. I just didn't know it meant RAIN falls. :lol:

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah it has rained there for me the last couple of times too. Hopefully, t'day's hunt will not be plagued with the downpours... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Question about the Bear Bonus. It says highest score.
Is that referring to the score (weight) that is on the LB, or the actual Trophy score that is on the harvest report?

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

DeadClopz wrote:Question about the Bear Bonus. It says highest score.
Is that referring to the score (weight) that is on the LB, or the actual Trophy score that is on the harvest report?
Pretty sure its the score of the Bear , not the weight . But J will confirm or not soon imo .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Short story about attempt #2 ...
Right from the start , like some of you , rain was falling big time .
Went to the barrel and what do i see , 2 nice Bears but not close to it . ( 210@240 / 230@260 kg )
The biggest one was a bit away and trotting like crazy . He was the chosen one .
I heard huffing and puffing next to the TS i am in . Look down and see this big Bear , 260@290kg , 22@24 !!
Biding badang ! Shot and dead Bear .Turns out to be a 22.9 with weight you see on LB .
Then came that slow , empty reserve feeling . More in the last hour , i got considerable improvement on my Elk , equaled my Moose and lost 6 pts on my WT .
All in all , very satisfied and will take a seat back and watch you guys go at it for a while .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Now that's a statement, Serge! :shock: And all done with the muzzleloader too...

I ain't half as lucky with the competition animals, but at least the game knows how to compensate me. These two are both from my last hunt:

Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'll throw in on this too! First one of these in a long time - I managed to find maybe 20+ elk cows and female bears and malnourished wt - but did get a 170 BT! that's almost a rare in itself :lol:

FYI: BC brought to my attention a SHORT hunt I had last night - So to set the record straight, I was not enrolled in the comp at the time. I moved some stuff around and set up a new mouse fresh out of the box- after that I enrolled in the comp and started my hunt-

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Nice rares girls! Very nice! I tagged my first Blacktail NT in a couple of years yesterday. Still looking for that elusive Albino like Tann's. Nice one Marc. :)

I'm 'inline' all the way today ladies! Lots of ammo that way, stocked right up for the long haul baby! BTW, I have some advice for you 'black powder only' fellers ("Here's looking at you Kidd...") given me by an old trapper friend of mine, who had half his face missing from a powder accident:

"Never cook breakfast over an open fire without your glasses on; you'll have only yourself to blame if you pepper your eggs with black powder by mistake...." 8-) :lol:
Last edited by JimboCrow on October 14th, 2018, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Wow the scores, i went to sleep like in 5th now i am out the top10, i don't know if is possible to see but it seems to me there is a lot more people and much highest scores than last year. I thionk the amazing bonus of this years are playing a great role bringing more people, :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”