Harvested Animals dont count for active Competition.

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
AcidFrog

Harvested Animals dont count for active Competition.

Post by AcidFrog »

Dear Dev's I have a problem with harvested animals for the competition Elk Stake.

I started the comp yesterday and harvested 2 Male Rocky mountain Wapitis, and they counted without a problem.
Today I started another hunt but today my harvests don't count for the competition.
I did nothing wrong, I played a singleplayer round, used the tenpoint crossbow and always hit lungs but the kills don't count for me today.

My ingame Name is : AcidFrog, you can lookup my last hunts to confirm that I did everything right.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Harvested Animals dont count for active Competition.

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Judging from your hunt history you probably already figured it out, but my guess is that the problem was that you'll have to hit heart and/or lungs only for this comp. So if you hit another body part, the animal won't count.
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Yes, as Tann said. And if you hit the shoulder blade which is not an organ, the animal will also not count. This is a mistake in my view.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:Yes, as Tann said. And if you hit the shoulder blade which is not an organ, the animal will also not count. This is a mistake in my view.
I agree with you, Hoo! But don't forget: In this game, hitting the shoulder blade AND a lung makes the animal bleed out much slower compared to when you hit the lung only. I'm not a hunter in real life, but I guess that's some anatomical rarity. :roll:
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Yes, as Tann said. And if you hit the shoulder blade which is not an organ, the animal will also not count. This is a mistake in my view.
I agree with you, Hoo! But don't forget: In this game, hitting the shoulder blade AND a lung makes the animal bleed out much slower compared to when you hit the lung only. I'm not a hunter in real life, but I guess that's some anatomical rarity. :roll:
It is ok to rule out shoulder blade hits, but then they should state this in the rules. Right now there is a disconnect.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
AcidFrog

Post by AcidFrog »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Judging from your hunt history you probably already figured it out, but my guess is that the problem was that you'll have to hit heart and/or lungs only for this comp. So if you hit another body part, the animal won't count.
Yeah! thanks I figured it out :D
After knowing that only lung/heart (nothing else) counts everything worked fine and I managed to take a few huge bulls including a 420.077 which brought the win home for me :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

AcidFrog wrote:After knowing that only lung/heart (nothing else) counts everything worked fine and I managed to take a few huge bulls including a 420.077 which brought the win home for me :)
I saw that one in the other topic - really nice trophy, congrats! :)
Image Image Image
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Technically, bones are organs, but I agree that in the game they shouldn't count as one since even on "clean" heart/lung shots you're hitting ribs which are also bones (just not ones the game models).
Personal Bests...
Tenbulls
Hunter

Post by Tenbulls »

Fletchette wrote:
Technically, bones are organs, but I agree that in the game they shouldn't count as one since even on "clean" heart/lung shots you're hitting ribs which are also bones (just not ones the game models).
Sorry, but technically, bones are not organs.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Tenbulls wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
Sorry, but technically, bones are not organs.
Yes, they are....You're on the internet, so all you have to do is look it up....Among other things, your bones are the organ that produces blood cells.

Here is some help...."Bones are organs; although they consist primarily of osseous tissue, bones have a vast supply of nervous tissue in their nerves, fibrous tissue lining their cavities, and muscle and epithelial tissue in their blood vessels." http://www.biologyreference.com/Oc-Ph/Organ.html

or... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone
Last edited by Fletchette on October 11th, 2018, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”