"1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: "1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Post by Radamus »

Scoring looks fixed up now!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yep, so let's roll. Thank you Tod for the extra work in coding you needed to do, without you guys at UHC- these comps wouldn't happen! You guys rock! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I'm just a bystander looking at this fight, but did you notice that one feral hog weight is off? In Franek12's entry the weight of a roo was used. I guess this might mess up normalization of the sow weights and should be corrected asap.

EDIT: I just noticed that normalization is done with the highest and lowest possible weights, not the highest and lowest in the competition. In this case, the normalized weights of every participant but Franek12 should be alright...
EDIT2: And now I read the whole thread and saw the algorithm posted by Tod. If I understand it right, the male scores and female weights are not normalized seperately, but only the final score (male score - female weight) will be normalized. That explains why having a high score on a male is much more important than having a low score on a female. Sorry for the confusion... :oops:
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm just a bystander looking at this fight, but did you notice that one feral hog weight is off? In Franek12's entry the weight of a roo was used. I guess this might mess up normalization of the sow weights and should be corrected asap.
That's freaky! I'll check it out.
EDIT: I just noticed that normalization is done with the highest and lowest possible weights, not the highest and lowest in the competition. In this case, the normalized weights of every participant but Franek12 should be alright...
EDIT2: And now I read the whole thread and saw the algorithm posted by Tod. If I understand it right, the male scores and female weights are not normalized seperately, but only the final score (male score - female weight) will be normalized. That explains why having a high score on a male is much more important than having a low score on a female. Sorry for the confusion... :oops:
Yes it is important to have a high scoring male, the possible range for females weights is a lot smaller than the male score range,
the algorithm I used is based on the largest & smallest possible solution to (M Score - F weight). So if you get the highest possible male, and smallest possible female, you would get a 100 norm score. If the lowest possible male, and largest possible female, a 0 norm score.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

OK, I just submitted that hunt and it submitted just fine with the right numbers. It must have been a glitch in the data being received from EW.

Carry on ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:Yes it is important to have a high scoring male, the possible range for females weights is a lot smaller than the male score range,
the algorithm I used is based on the largest & smallest possible solution to (M Score - F weight). So if you get the highest possible male, and smallest possible female, you would get a 100 norm score. If the lowest possible male, and largest possible female, a 0 norm score.
I finally got that, thanks. At first I thought you'd normalize the male scores and the female weights separately. That would have given the female more meaning. But with the algorithm that's used, it's all about finding a trophy male first. The female will likely only make a difference of a few points in the normalized score, probably not more than five or so.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

OK when does round 2 start? today right? Since there's no date and time BC needs to let us know what's going on.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I had a fan-tusk-tic hunt! :D

Also this one:

Now that would be the heaviest rare sow so far (at least on the leaderboard), but since I had already shot a lighter one before, this beauty wasn't selected by the UHC App. So my question to DYEUZ: Does the piebald sow have to be my entry in order to be eligible for the bonus? And if that is the case, can I manually submit this one instead of the lightest of my hunt? (That question obviously should be answered by Tod or BCKidd).

However it is, it was fun! :)
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Marc .. Yes . Your rare needs to be on LB as one of your scores and be top 10 finisher .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Sorry Tann, you can't submit it manually. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”