A Vehicle for theHunter?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Re: A Vehicle for theHunter?

Post by HawkEye81 »

Postby Andhii » 52 minutes ago
I wish they would add an option for server host to allow or not allow use of vehicles on their server when making the game.
A server option/restriction it's a must if the vehicle is motorized and loud, if not probably most of the servers would be friends only or with a score limit that newbies can't join...
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well, the last time the Devs said it was still on early stages of the development so lets hope they take the feedback of the community, server restriction as you said is a must, but the thing is that we still don't know if is a driveable vehicle, logic may indicate so, but may be some kind of automated transport system too, and i think it wont be implemented before next year, something like that probably take a lot of time of development and testing, above all test it as much time as it need please Devs.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Andhii wrote:I wish they would add an option for server host to allow or not allow use of vehicles on their server when making the game. Vehicles bring so much opportunity to troll and ruin other players hunt. When I host a game I want to restrict the use of loud guns and vehicles so everyone can hunt in peace and not have their animals spooked by some easily bored "hunter". -Allow vehicles - yes - no - would be better than restricting the game to a ridiciosly high hunterscore limit.
Good point. Imagine 8 players with a vehicle / horse chasing the animals around. :P

It might even be clever of EW not to allow this option for MP parties initially. They would then have to declare clearly at release that the vehicle / horse is intended for later release in MP, but that they need to collect experience in SP first.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Eight players riding in the map? Ahhahah...then i also want the chance to shoot at horses and riders...
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

From what I read, COTW had issues with groups of hunters herding animals with ATVs. Why the hell you'd need to herd animals in COTW when herds regularly just stand still and let everyone be shot is beyond me. I believe they patched it so you cannot herd animals in COTW. Regardless whether they introduce ATVs in Classic or not, I'll be banning anybody who brings one into any game I host.

Now if it was horses, that's more to my liking.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I love horses, and loved them in the old Deer Hunter games. (Or was it one game? I forget.)

Would LOVE to see them again though the "wheely" joke doesn't have me hopeful on that front :D

I'd also LOVE an inflatable raft you could carry around, and deploy in water. TgT, Piccabean, VdB and more would have SUCH a huge change in playstyle; and imagine boating along the coasts of some of the islands watching the shore for coyotes & deer? I'd LOVE that.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: TheSheWolf and others that want some kind of ''boat" .

How would you go about , passing those really shallow places , where rocks are on the surface ? The places where we usually cross by foot ? :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Well, inflatable rafts and kayaks both are fine right up to a few inches, I think. I was kayaking a week and a half ago and it was fine until ankle-depth! So it could just stop when water turns to land, and then you have to dismount, "disassemble" the boat, and put it back in in deeper water--just like in real life!

Have a look at this for a (related) laugh... https://i.imgur.com/f37QnOl.mp4
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I am wondering what river you would put a floating device on? Most rivers are narrow and have shallow passages. Or you want to circle Whitehart? Or paddle from Whitehart to Redfeather?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: TheSheWolf ...funny video alright !! :lol:

So! Lets say i'm with a friend in TgT . He is walking the river from North to South and i'm in a raft couple feet from him , same direction .
While he walks freely , the shore , singing Kumbaya in his head , i'm going in and out of my raft, every 10-20-30 feet ,dismantling , re-assembling and so on ! :shock:
Animals on the other side , looking at you and laughing their brains out , thinking : what a great idea these raft are, makes them really effective hunters ! :lol:

Also, how much you think this raft you weigh ? Will you still have room in your backpack for that peanut butter sandwich ? Can't go hunting without it !

Anyway ,to each his own thing i guess. Hoping for none of this nonsense really !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “General Chat”