Question about a long shot.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Question about a long shot.

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah in WRR you have to find a path in the steep areas, you will fall a lot, there is no obvious roads, is trial and error, so if you really want practice climbing and shoot from the top of the mountains i advice you bring a tent, once you get to the top place the tent and so you wont need make the climbing every time.

Here is a short video in youtube that a player made showing how climb one:
https://youtu.be/TcIT2nxub2Y

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Seifer wrote:
sircaptgordo wrote:I couldn't find how to get on top of the mountain. Guess you need the climbing gear as I got almost to the top. It says I have 40 climbing gear, guess it's on a mountain somewhere when I was playing a couple three years ago. I was never able to get up a mountain with the climbing gear, kept falling off.
Climbing gear is only usable on VDB. In the images below on that particular mountain I was able to get to the top from the south east side. I had a hard time finding the way but it is there.
I was trying to get on top of the Plateau to the left and then on the other side. Looking towards the lakes.

g
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

go to the sw corner of that mountain and start heading up to the top from there.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

sircaptgordo wrote:
I was trying to get on top of the Plateau to the left and then on the other side. Looking towards the lakes.

g
Heres a video on how to climb the bigger hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIT2nxub2Y&t=128s
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

I don't need it now, but I will watch. Thanks ………………

I'd gave up on getting into 3rd or above for the competition on the longest shot for a Bison in 1 shot. Went and played a couple different games for a while. Not being able to get the scopes to work correctly was frustrating so I gave up. Went back to see if the competition had ended around midnight. I was still in 4th with 2 hours to go.

What the heck, let's try 1 more time. Went back to the hill I had been using. Looked down and there was a herd of Bison. I just went as high as I could get up the face.

BAM shot 1, Bam shot another, Bam shot another. Get down and got a kill with all 3 shots with a scope that wouldn't rotate worth a flip. The longest one was 373.01m and jumped to 3rd place. It held up overnight or the rest of the competition as I went to bed. Just shows kids, never give up til the last minute.

Drew blood on my 4th Competition.

thanks for everyone's help and advice
g
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Andhii wrote:
sircaptgordo wrote:

g
Heres a video on how to climb the bigger hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIT2nxub2Y&t=128s
I feel embarrassed as that guy went right up the mountain. :oops: I tried all sides including the area he was in. If I need that area again, I'll take a tent and stake it.

thanks
g
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Can we just do away with the long shot comp already? id have thought the render increase would fix the issue but its just worse. Yes the ranges are longer but thats off set by the Hubble telescopes we can now mount on rifles, and the fact its re shuffled the spots a bit so we have even less of them. All a long shot comp is, is who knows the best spots to exploit the now old and feeble game engine and out of those guys, who can be bothered to do it when the comps on. How many "how are guys doing this threads" are we gonna see until we just give up on the 100em$ prize for most effort put into an exploit. i had a bit time for a long range arrow throwing until Recently when i was proved wrong and witnessed how to do a long shot with bows, that proof has left me with an even bigger feeling of meh. its not skill with a bow its skill with geography. its less work out trajectory and more "stand on this spot and aim at the tip of that tree"
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The long range comps that require at least one lung be hit are fun to do as it takes a lot of the extreme angles out of it.
Spoiler:
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

Sorry for hijacking thread but I been away for a year or more and I'm so glad to see that render range have been increased! :)
It was probably the thing I wanted the most.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

ehr_Icaar wrote:Sorry for hijacking thread but I been away for a year or more and I'm so glad to see that render range have been increased! :)
It was probably the thing I wanted the most.
Makes quite a difference. You will enjoy it, however since you need to turn up scene complexity, you need a decent computer or might experience FPS drops or lagging.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”