Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
007aln
Spotter

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Post by 007aln »

Lynx definitely meow, I watched one meow last night through my binos.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

007aln wrote:Lynx definitely meow, I watched one meow last night through my binos.
Yes they do, but so does the female Reindeer....... :lol:

Anyways,...
I learned a lot today on how the lynx is working by tracking them around the map.
One lynx would not make a sound when I got close to it and when it did go into a roaming state it would not travel more than 30 meters from that spot,
and no matter what I did when I would come upon a roaming track as silent as possible for the game, being prone a lot of the time, no running, no walking, just crouched
all the time and the lynx would flee a couple hundred meters every time before I even got to the roaming track. This was very repetitious, and even when the wind turned in my favor the lynx still
repeated what it was doing. It was caught in a no wondering roam within a 30 meter circle. It finally broke the process it was in after a long hunt and started roaming further and I finally shot it,
I would not want to hunt a 1000 lynx this way stalking them and tracking them. Hope they can sort this out as not every lynx I've hunted does this.
I may just stick to a Tree Stand, it doesn't take as long to get a couple of lynx.
The red dot on the map is where I started to track the lynx after it started to flee all the time.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

gas56 " This was very repetitious, and even when the wind turned in my favor the lynx still repeated what it was doing." the same thing happened for me yesterday with 2 lynx, exactly the same behavior, I managed to spook one 5-6 times while I was prone + full hemmeldal camo even face scarf and scent eliminator, every time I managed to get close around 60 m from him he spooked, it took me around 40 minutes to get him, so either the camo either the scent eliminator is not working on them, I also saw one trough the scope that spooked at over 100m while I was crouching, it seems that if you spook one it's almost impossible to get close to him again even if you prone all the way with full camo and scent eliminator. One weird thing that I noticed is that sometimes after they stop fleeing and I spook them again I can't find any roaming track only fleeing, I've shoot 2 (if I remember good) while they were standing but all the tracks they left were only fleeing tracks.
Maybe the best way it to let them chill for about 10-15 mins if you spook them and after start to track them. I think there is a very big difference on how they spook on the first encounter or how easily after you already spooked them 1-2 times.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The lynx make a mew similar to the bobcat, but also i heard sometimes Lynx making a different sound similar to a woman scream, that remember me a low budget movie i saw once about a pair of bow hunters that were trying to bag a huge deer, and in the night in the forest they hear those screams, and one of the buddies was saying "don't worry, is just a bobcat"... well it wasn't a bobcat, yes it was a "horror movie

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

HawkEye81 wrote:gas56 " This was very repetitious, and even when the wind turned in my favor the lynx still repeated what it was doing." the same thing happened for me yesterday with 2 lynx, exactly the same behavior, I managed to spook one 5-6 times while I was prone + full hemmeldal camo even face scarf and scent eliminator, every time I managed to get close around 60 m from him he spooked, it took me around 40 minutes to get him, so either the camo either the scent eliminator is not working on them, I also saw one trough the scope that spooked at over 100m while I was crouching, it seems that if you spook one it's almost impossible to get close to him again even if you prone all the way with full camo and scent eliminator. One weird thing that I noticed is that sometimes after they stop fleeing and I spook them again I can't find any roaming track only fleeing, I've shoot 2 (if I remember good) while they were standing but all the tracks they left were only fleeing tracks.
Maybe the best way it to let them chill for about 10-15 mins if you spook them and after start to track them. I think there is a very big difference on how they spook on the first encounter or how easily after you already spooked them 1-2 times.
Thanks for confirming how the lynx acted.
Yes it is almost impossible to sneak upon a lynx unless you stay persistent after it flees after the 1-2 time.......
The way they sit around after fleeing and staying in a tight circumference without calling 1 time when they go into roaming mode and you track up to it by that time it has already spooked again from getting to close.
The wind in your favor, or even using scent eliminator, crawling, crouching, does not keep it from spooking again. I gave it a 15 minute break one time and when I started again to track it
spooked already so I don't know if this is a flaw or they programmed it this way to be the hardest animal to track and get close for a shot.
Though sometimes the Male Grizzly bear can be a pain also with all the fleeing they do.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

gas56 wrote:
HawkEye81 wrote:gas56 " This was very repetitious, and even when the wind turned in my favor the lynx still repeated what it was doing." the same thing happened for me yesterday with 2 lynx, exactly the same behavior, I managed to spook one 5-6 times while I was prone + full hemmeldal camo even face scarf and scent eliminator, every time I managed to get close around 60 m from him he spooked, it took me around 40 minutes to get him, so either the camo either the scent eliminator is not working on them, I also saw one trough the scope that spooked at over 100m while I was crouching, it seems that if you spook one it's almost impossible to get close to him again even if you prone all the way with full camo and scent eliminator. One weird thing that I noticed is that sometimes after they stop fleeing and I spook them again I can't find any roaming track only fleeing, I've shoot 2 (if I remember good) while they were standing but all the tracks they left were only fleeing tracks.
Yes it is almost impossible to sneak upon a lynx unless you stay persistent after it flees after the 1-2 time.......
The way they sit around after fleeing and staying in a tight circumference when they go into roaming mode and you track up to it by that time it has already spooked again.
The wind in your favor, or even using scent eliminator, crawling, crouching, does not keep it from spooking again. I gave it a 15 minute break one time and when I started again to track it
spooked already so I don't know if this is a flaw or they programmed it this way to be the hardest animal to track and get close for a shot.
Though sometimes the Male Grizzly bear can be a pain also with all the fleeing they do.
Tip, you don't need to constantly go after it when the Lynx spooks. As they spook roughly same distance out as Turkey do 130m ish So if one spooks just go to where the Lynx first spooked from and set down caller and wait it will be back no need to track after it. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Ravenousfox wrote:
gas56 wrote:
The way they sit around after fleeing and staying in a tight circumference when they go into roaming mode and you track up to it by that time it has already spooked again.
Tip, you don't need to constantly go after it when the Lynx spooks. As they spook roughly same distance out as Turkey do 130m ish So if one spooks just go to where the Lynx first spooked from and set down caller and wait it will be back no need to track after it. :)
Once I get into tracking mode it is hard for me to stop until I shoot the animal that tries to evade me, even Turkeys...................... :lol:
But I will definitely take your tip and try that to see how it works out,.. because I really don't like tracking 1 animal all over the map............. ;)

P.S. Though thinking of it I hardly hear the same lynx call again after I spook it, maybe it is just out of the 200 M E-caller attraction zone or it is still in a nervous state?
Yesterday when I spooked a lynx I sat in a TS there about 30 min trying to call it in to me with the E-caller and it never returned, and also another Lynx called out
a couple of minutes later also at the same spot but would not come into the E-caller that is when I decided to start tracking the 1st lynx again that spooked after the
long wait.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

gas56 wrote:P.S. Though thinking of it I hardly hear the same lynx call again after I spook it, maybe it is just out of the 200 M E-caller attraction zone or it is still in a nervous state?
You're welcome, I believe the E-caller has to be re-activated.
When you spook them and activate the E-caller to wait for them to come back into roaming they don't come in, seems it doesn't attract 100% all the time.
As when the Lynx comes back into relaxed state after 11mins Huntermate time that's when you should re-activate the E-caller.
I know that seems silly but I'd say it's not working as intended right now.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Ravenousfox wrote:
gas56 wrote:P.S. Though thinking of it I hardly hear the same lynx call again after I spook it, maybe it is just out of the 200 M E-caller attraction zone or it is still in a nervous state?
You're welcome, I believe the E-caller has to be re-activated.
When you spook them and activate the E-caller to wait for them to come back into roaming they don't come in, seems it doesn't attract 100% all the time.
As when the Lynx comes back into relaxed state after 11mins Huntermate time that's when you should re-activate the E-caller.
I know that seems silly but I'd say it's not working as intended right now.
Yes.... I do restart it and I don't think that is silly, and it still didn't help to get the lynx to come in to the E-caller,.. as a matter of fact I use it the same way I have called Bobcats in
with conjunction of the Predator caller to have them come trotting in..... I wonder if I should get some Lynx scent to use also?
I guess using all 3 wouldn't hurt to try getting these oddball ones to come back in.
Although every Lynx I spook doesn't act this way,.. I have had some return in different hunts.
That is one reason I say earlier in this post that the E-caller is not 100% at calling in every Lynx all the time.
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Best one so far. Male score 10.802

Hunting is living

Return to “General Chat”