Mid- September Madness

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mid- September Madness

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello Hunters,

Here is a little heads up that next week, Mid-September kicks off. This year we have 5 competitions which are all tiered and based off your hunter score.

The Tiers look like this:
  • Hematite 0 - 999
  • Bronze 1000 - 9999
  • Silver 10 000 - 24 999
  • Gold 25 000 - 49 999
  • Diamond 50 000 - Up
Each competition covers a group of animals in the EHR, so if you were to enter all 5 competitions, you would have to shoot one of every animal in the EHR.

Here is a list of each competition that is available and the details:
  • Mid-September Madness 2018: Tiny Nightmares: Foxes, Ptarmigans, Rabbits, Pheasant, Turkey, Bobcat, Lynx (Ptarmigans, Pheasant and Turkey must be airborne). - Combined Heaviest Weight
  • Mid-September Madness 2018: Mid-sized Mania: Goats, Sheep, Coyote, Grey Wolf, Red Kangaroo (All must be Unspooked). - Combined Heaviest Weight
  • Mid-September Madness 2018: Big n' Easy: Banteng, Water Buffalo, Bison, Bears, Wild Boar, Feral Hog (Within 30 Meters). - Combined Heaviest Weight
  • Mid-September Madness 2018: Best Bucks: All Deer and Elk (Males only, One Shot). - Combined Highest Score
  • Mid-September Madness 2018: Quackathon: All Ducks and Geese (All airborne). - Combined Highest Score
Competitions start on Monday morning and finish Monday the 24th of September, so you all get a full week to try your luck.

Every competition and every tier has great trophies and em$ prizes.
  • 1st - 600em$
  • 2nd - 450em$
  • 3rd - 300em$
  • 4th - 100em$
  • 5th - 50em$
Good luck to all!

TK
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Mid- September Madness

Post by VonStratos »

Sound nice, but the Turkey must be airborne too? its a bird but not always fly when is spooked, those evil black balls tend to run like the Roadrunner.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Cool, thanks for this new event :)
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

VonStratos wrote:Sound nice, but the Turkey must be airborne too? its a bird but not always fly when is spooked, those evil black balls tend to run like the Roadrunner.
I wouldn't think so Von. They don't score the same way the other birds do (Air & Ground).
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Seifer wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Sound nice, but the Turkey must be airborne too? its a bird but not always fly when is spooked, those evil black balls tend to run like the Roadrunner.
I wouldn't think so Von. They don't score the same way the other birds do (Air & Ground).

Exactly, they score the same and get in leaderboard in ground or air, unlike Pheasants and other birds, but in the first selection of animals of the comp says the turkey also must be airborne, i don't know if is a mistake or an intended extra challenge.

ImageImage
ViannaSVP@29

Post by ViannaSVP@29 »

Where do I put the photo of a Ptarmigans? I do not know how to create topics or where to post
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

ViannaSVP@29 wrote:Where do I put the photo of a Ptarmigans? I do not know how to create topics or where to post

Depend in the context, if is a rare, a high scoring or simply want to show a picture:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewforum.php?f=89

In that section are the topics to show pictures depending on what do you want to show. ;)

ImageImage
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Using the snake shooting on the fly the geese a shot on two can fall for the ducks say that it can score one or two shots in ten but at the ptarmigans...I've never really even tried ...great shot...
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

The Tiny Nightmares (Gold Rank) comp is accepting willow ptarmigans shot on the ground. Just got credited for two of them, my second harvest scoring higher and replacing the first.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/j_bi ... /618720280
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/j_bi ... /618722398
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

J_Birdman wrote:The Tiny Nightmares (Gold Rank) comp is accepting willow ptarmigans shot on the ground. Just got credited for two of them, my second harvest scoring higher and replacing the first.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/j_bi ... /618720280
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/j_bi ... /618722398
They also count ground-shot in the regular comps.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”