Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Post by gas56 »

HooCairs wrote:Can someone confirm that the e-caller is bringing lynx in consistently? I sit in the middle of lynx land and try different places and have yet to see a lynx come to the e-caller. Could be just bad luck in two days, thus my question.
Look at page 3 of this post at my map in this post for reference.
I FastTravel & start hunting at a 2nd tent after the first tent spawn. If I don't get any results there then I move and find tracks or listen for lynx calls then put the E-caller down.
I've watched a couple lynx where they were definitely inside of 100 meters and just ignored coming to the call, not being spooked either.
Usually they will come in if they're not on the edge of the E-caller zone attraction when you set-up.
They come in slow, so using the Predator call in conjunction like calling in the Bobcats works pretty good to get them there faster.
They do ignore the Predator caller a lot more than the E-caller even though if they are in range of them.
The E-caller is not 100% consistent bringing in Lynx from my observations.
And I can't tell you if they were designed this way or just the way they are working ATM.
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

HooCairs wrote:Can someone confirm that the e-caller is bringing lynx in consistently? I sit in the middle of lynx land and try different places and have yet to see a lynx come to the e-caller. Could be just bad luck in two days, thus my question.
So far i've bagged two female lynx, and they both came on the e-caller call
Hunting is living
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

whiteonyx wrote:
Thanks for confirming. That means I either missed them coming, or was in a bad spot, or lost patience. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:
whiteonyx wrote:
Thanks for confirming. That means I either missed them coming, or was in a bad spot, or lost patience. :)
I don't know if you saw the stream yesterday Hoo, but I had one not coming into the call. But managed to find some prints and work out that I had spooked it. So I needed to wait for it to calm down and then it came in.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:I don't know if you saw the stream yesterday Hoo, but I had one not coming into the call. But managed to find some prints and work out that I had spooked it. So I needed to wait for it to calm down and then it came in.
I didn't see the stream but it sounds very similar to the bobcat then. If one comes to close and spooks, sooner or later it will come back again in most cases.
Spoiler:
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I saw 2 Lynx fleeing from the e-caller, but I could not shot them, because they flee very early. They spooks perhaps 10-30 meter away from the caller. I think the caller need a large empty area to see the lynx before it flees.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

And when it flees, you think it is rocket-powered :D
Spoiler:
AngelOne63
Tracker

Post by AngelOne63 »

Hello everyone ... the 5 lynxes I got are all arrived thanks to the E-caller ...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

they do spook from the ecaller quite close watched one come in about 30m then bolt i was in a stand.also i think its better to move about hunt them and then drop the caller to lure them in when you see or hear them than stand hunt them.i have had them call in the stand and not come in with the caller on constantly nearly 1 hr. ptarmigans were constantly flying there.not sure what effect animals have on each other.normal or bug.
AngelOne63
Tracker

Post by AngelOne63 »

of course they must be in the area ... otherwise you are likely to wait for hours .. better to turn and when they feel, place the e-caller and get in a good place to fire ...

Return to “General Chat”