Game Update - 12th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
CQueen

Re: Game Update - 12th September 2018

Post by CQueen »

Anyone having an issue installing the update! It gets to 100% but stays there for me... I've restarted three times and it always starts again!
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Konsilt wrote:Lynx missions are added but there are still no missions for any PB animal and bobcat. Same for the competitions. That kind of things decrease people's morale significantly.
These are only introduction missions for the Lynx I think as there are only 3 available.
Most of the normal mission packs and competitions are created by the community here https://forum.thehunter.com/viewforum.php?f=171 :)

DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

Lynx are a lot of fun to kill got 2 in 5 min one orange, one white but oddly the ptarmigan seem to have really disappeared not like they were before haven't seen any in the area I all ways hunt when I use to trip over the damn things everywhere ?
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Missions done, thanks for this nice trophy.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

CQueen wrote:Anyone having an issue installing the update! It gets to 100% but stays there for me... I've restarted three times and it always starts again!
Yes, I think I have started the launcher about five times until everything was all right. I even went to Steam and started to update there to get something up and running, and I don't usually use Steam for theHunter. Eventually everything was set up, maybe after 30 minutes.
FR_Bugs wrote:Missions done, thanks for this nice trophy.
Woops, the very same trophy as for the bobcat?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

HooCairs wrote: Woops, the very same trophy as for the bobcat?
Yes, exactly the same.
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

@Devs: Have you changed the rarity of the other animals too? The maps look like they are extinct. No goats, no kangaroos, etc. only a few pigs…
what's going on there?
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

Sheldon wrote:@Devs: Have you changed the rarity of the other animals too? The maps look like they are extinct. No goats, no kangaroos, etc. only a few pigs…
what's going on there?
I'm saying this strictly as a costumer.

I used to like discussing things here in this forum. By now, no more.

I'm putting a lot of money in this game and in my PC (new TV, new graphic cards, etc.) and i feel very frustrated by the normal silence or slow answers of the devs.

I don't want to see new animals every now and then, as if it was a great thing. Is not, in my humble opinion. I want new reserves, plenty of new animals, at least one per year.

We are day after day saying what we are seeing (most of the time, what we are NOT SEEING: the animals, or at least as they were before in the reserves as the veterans can affirm) and all ends with the sad conclusion and the famous phrase: "is your perception, change your style of hunting".

Well, nowadays, i enter, read, shake the head and go hunting.

Let's get that Eurasian Lynx.

And by the way, let's see how much time it will be taking to have a Eurasian Lynx competition, because i'm very convinced that new things in this game occurs in veeeeeery slowwwwww moooootion....
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well yes, a new reserve would be nice, and its usual that we get one per year or so has been last years, but consider this, adding new animals for existing reserves is normal in The Hunter, and EW will hype even a scent lure :D, but during this year the ERR was implemented, something that was asked for years and was considered very hard, so the amount of work and time to make it possible must have been similar to a new reserve, then we have that survey to find and try fix the bugs, if the devs are using most of the time on fixing bugs that could be better than a new reserve imho, and the year have not ended yet, is still possible that we get a new reserve this year, but also from what they said in the last SU, they are beginning to work into a new transport system.

It seem to me that this year has been more about fix and improve what its already here than the simple "new reserve" way. Now i would be worried if no new reserve is being at least planned for the future, but one year whiteout one in exchange for ERR, and bug fixes(if they get fixed) sound a fair trade to me at least.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

If you can reduce the populations of the bobcats you can also reduce the populations of the wolves. Please give this some serious thought. It would make TGT a better hunting experience all around. Thanks for listening.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”