Status Update - 5th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Post by J_Birdman »

HooCairs wrote:Congrats to J_Birdman for this great goose shot with the recurve bow and also a great trophy shot! :)
Thanks Hoo! This is that guy's little story.. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 76#p949676

Thanks for the medallion, EW team, this finishing touch was really nice of you. :) Congrats to the others who received one!

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:Some months ago you were very vocal in supporting your hunting technique of running around a rez until you spotted something to shoot. You maintained that position by saying "this is just a game & I can play it anyway you want". You know, you are right. You can play it anyway you like. However when a new species comes along that will make your preferred hunting style impractical if not impossible you want it changed. That I take issue with.

Sorry Gas, you gonna have to get out of the truck to shoot this one.
You are a funny guy........
There is no animal in this game that is not attainable.
You can always take a look at my Trophies if you think I don't get out of the Truck once in a while. I am not a guy to just shoot everything I see in the game to get a high score.
And as far as just shooting (well you said killing) a bunch of animals well that remains the same no matter how you end up getting animals.
Or I would just take pictures without shooting them in the game which is no achievement for myself.
And when I say something that refers to past experiences in the game and have seen the resentment from a lot of players when disrupting the continuity of
the Hunter gameplay is just an alleged response to avoid such bad circumstances again. Although you may have not been here to sample that time in the game.
These were your accusations of assuming that I just want to kill a bunch of animals the easy way,.. which is not accurate of myself, and that I don't get any
sense of achievement when I do accomplish getting a trophy. Mainly that is what I go after when I do hunt in the game is look for a rare & trophy animal.
That is what I like to do,.. and what I have fun at playing the game when hunting,... so maybe you can see now where I am coming from and just
concerned about how this new animal will be projected which is my opinion.
There is one last thing also that I should mention is that I know when animals are released in the game they don't always come out bad or not the way I like them,
I accept Kiwi's response today that it won't be that hard to hunt down this new lynx as most animals in the game, or that I would be upset about the way it comes out,...
I will give a fair judgment response to that if needed after the Lynx is released in the game................. ;)
Have a good 1
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Not sure where else to post this without starting a new topic. The stream was awesome and I hope you do more MP hunts in future like the one today :D
BTW I was not trying to hug the tree lol. I do like trees, but not a hugger lol. Check the Twitch video for reference people :)
Hope to watch the next one. Seems as good watching as it is participating lol. Loved it to bits, only half way through watching the replay.

Edit: Actually would be nice if there was a chat available for the people in the game too.(watching the stream replay now) As long as people promise to keep it clean of course. Even if it was just chat amongst the players :)

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Beano8U wrote:Not sure where else to post this without starting a new topic. The stream was awesome and I hope you do more MP hunts in future like the one today :D
BTW I was not trying to hug the tree lol. I do like trees, but not a hugger lol. Check the Twitch video for reference people :)
Hope to watch the next one. Seems as good watching as it is participating lol. Loved it to bits, only half way through watching the replay.

Edit: Actually would be nice if there was a chat available for the people in the game too.(watching the stream replay now) As long as people promise to keep it clean of course. Even if it was just chat amongst the players :)

Hi Beano, Is the regular game chat disabled during these games? I have been wanting to try one, but I am always at work during these streams.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

3,948 Players started the missions... only? :/

210 players started the second pack and only 77 finished them... yes bcz of this 5m brain shoot is near impossible to get...
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Anxious to try to out smart those jumpy Lynz,......I hope they are few and
far between,....I like the challenge. Of course, I'm hoping find a way to drop
a few with my trusty Reverse CB ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

EW released the Great Lynx,
Good looking was the lovely old minx
They debated a lure
So the shooting was sure
A waste of some typing me thinks.....

It gallops around in the snow
We sit and we wait for a show
But the cat is too wise
For deceit and and our lies
And lets our poor misery grow....

One only must shoot to 1000
Then your mission is done in the mountain
But to reach that high score
Your butt will be sore
From sitting on seats in attention....

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Radamus wrote:When it comes to transportation, consider that just putting a TS up spooks for 100m- which is kind of garbage to begin with - I can put my climber up a tree easily within 50m or so in the woods and no one will ever know, I've always said this is wrong because I know it's wrong, I've done it, I know for fact.
So lets consider something mechanized, I can't imagine how bad the spook will be with that. But then I think, I've been out mowing where we put corn in horse buckets in the backyard and I've had deer stand there and wait for me to be finished so close you wouldn't believe it, much less that 50m. But as soon as I would stop they take off in high gear. It's why deer will stand in a field while a farmer is driving his tractor, as long as he's moving they don't care much. They are used to it.
Whatever it is will be limited to roads or trails I have to believe, unless it's a motorcycle, which does "wheelies" .... it is intriguing.

and YEAH! Release the lynx!
You are correct sir done it all the time when bow hunting,
Were is the blood hound fix Dev ?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I find hunting for good trophies to be what attracts me to play, and rares to be something that is an opportunistic surprise when they happen. I don't target rares and would think most don't either.
Having the lynx numbers small will also make the number of players targeting them smaller as well. That means less USB sticks, and urine sold, and less revenue generated from the work put into creating the lynx.
I guess EW will see how the sale of items for them goes and if the reduced number was the way to go or not.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Schlachtwolf wrote:One only must shoot to 1000
Then your mission is done in the mountain
But to reach that high score
Your butt will be sore
From sitting on seats in attention....Schlachtwolf
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DHRifleman wrote:I find hunting for good trophies to be what attracts me to play, and rares to be something that is an opportunistic surprise when they happen. I don't target rares and would think most don't either.
Having the lynx numbers small will also make the number of players targeting them smaller as well. That means less USB sticks, and urine sold, and less revenue generated from the work put into creating the lynx.
I guess EW will see how the sale of items for them goes and if the reduced number was the way to go or not.
I don't think anyone would go out targeting rares, you would go crazy.

I think you might have read the line a little wrong, they are not rare, like rares. But should make you feel good when you bag one, like a rare does... if you get my drift?

Like mentioned previously, this is going to be interesting, because it depends on each individual to what they find a challenge and if they enjoy one? The Lynx have been implemented in a way that reflects them in real life, so it's not like we are making them unrealistically hard, or thier population numbers incorrect. As per usual though, we will monitor the feedback as well as provide lots of support and information to help the community bag some :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”