Status Update - 5th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Threwlys
Tracker

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Post by Threwlys »

I love bow hunting, go prone and stay quiet in the field just observing for many minutes, so i'm going to bite this linx rear in no time :lol: .
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

From the Status Update of Sept. 5th, 2018 wrote:This weeks question comes from filip_9_, who asked on Instagram “Can we get new vehicle’s?”

This question will be answered by our Game Designer, Patrick, here is his reply!

“That is a ‘Wheely’ good question and the timing could not be better! We are actually currently working on a new form of transport in the game, sadly at this stage I cannot tell you more. But there will be more details coming out very soon, thanks for the question!”

Make sure to head over and let us know what you would like to know. A friendly bit of advice is to make sure they are questions, “I want to see X’ Is not a question and makes it hard for anyone to answer.
I don't really understand this part, "what [we] would like to know". Ok, I know what I would like to know, in the form of a question.. Can someone from EW please tell us what kind of vehicular transportation is currently being developed for tHC?

I sure hope it isn't some kind of motorized vehicle. :roll:
Last edited by J_Birdman on September 5th, 2018, 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

Was getting pumped for the lynx with a friend on multi last night, thinking it would be released this morning. BUT NO LYNX!!

Please release ASAP!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

When it comes to transportation, consider that just putting a TS up spooks for 100m- which is kind of garbage to begin with - I can put my climber up a tree easily within 50m or so in the woods and no one will ever know, I've always said this is wrong because I know it's wrong, I've done it, I know for fact.
So lets consider something mechanized, I can't imagine how bad the spook will be with that. But then I think, I've been out mowing where we put corn in horse buckets in the backyard and I've had deer stand there and wait for me to be finished so close you wouldn't believe it, much less that 50m. But as soon as I would stop they take off in high gear. It's why deer will stand in a field while a farmer is driving his tractor, as long as he's moving they don't care much. They are used to it.
Whatever it is will be limited to roads or trails I have to believe, unless it's a motorcycle, which does "wheelies" .... it is intriguing.

and YEAH! Release the lynx!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Radamus wrote:When it comes to transportation, consider that just putting a TS up spooks for 100m- which is kind of garbage to begin with - I can put my climber up a tree easily within 50m or so in the woods and no one will ever know, I've always said this is wrong because I know it's wrong, I've done it, I know for fact.
Yeah, but can you put it up in less than a second and jump into from the ground instantly???? :P
Radamus wrote: So lets consider something mechanized, I can't imagine how bad the spook will be with that. But then I think, I've been out mowing where we put corn in horse buckets in the backyard and I've had deer stand there and wait for me to be finished so close you wouldn't believe it, much less that 50m. But as soon as I would stop they take off in high gear. It's why deer will stand in a field while a farmer is driving his tractor, as long as he's moving they don't care much. They are used to it.
Yeah, they are especially not fearful of diesel engines. I had to stop a friggin' bulldozer once, because a buck was standing right in front of me staring at me. Not until I idled down and stood up did he run. Tractors don't even faze them. Gas engines, particularly higher RPM ones like ATV's do spook them a bit more, particularly if you stop.
Personal Bests...
JMMax
Spotter

Post by JMMax »

Thanks for the update and the "nice little completion badge". It was very challenging. I thought there were easy ones and hard ones in each pack.

Martin's TbF -- A Simple Task and White Death could have been in Batpats's TbF.
Batpats's TbF -- Aim for the Sun and Concentration of the Dragon could have been in TreeKiwi's TbF.
Batpats's TbF -- Legen of the Four Horsebulls and Luck or Chance could have been in Martin's TbF.
TreeKiwi's TbF -- Lets take a closer look! and My Simple Task could have been in Batpats's TbF.

But thats just my opinion and i was able to complete them and even helped a couple of friends complete theirs. Really enjoyed that a few of them almost required a partner... Even though i did shoot a Fleeing Bison in the brain alone but it was 10 meters too far. That one hurt my feelings :lol:.

What i really hope you change next time is to go back to multiplayer for the main competition.

Thanks again, you guys do an awesome job coming up with these events every year. Looking forward to bagging a Lynx and then the Halloween event.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Status Update wrote:3,948 Players started the missions
223 players completed the first mission pack
210 players started the second pack and only 77 finished them
76 players started the third pack and only 35 completed the last pack
That is an impressive number of players starting. Less than 6% passing the first hurdle though and less than 1% holding out to the end. Congrats if you are one of them. 35 very proud players and 3726 players left with nothing. Maybe make all missions available at the same time next time, some might have failed on the first pack but still succeeded on another.
Status Update wrote:The Lynx is by design a very rare and elusive animal. They are always going to be in a spawn, but have low population numbers and are very jumpy. This is done to give you a great sense of pride and achievement when you do bag one, as well as to mimic them in real life.
Will be interesting to see how the community reacts to a new animal after 5 months since the last one, and then you can be lucky to find one. I will start with a positive attitute towards it though. They also said the Bobcat was going to be really hard to get and it turned out to be rather easy.

Congrats to J_Birdman for this great goose shot with the recurve bow and also a great trophy shot! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:Will be interesting to see how the community reacts to a new animal after 5 months since the last one, and then you can be lucky to find one. I will start with a positive attitute towards it though. They also said the Bobcat was going to be really hard to get and it turned out to be rather easy.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head in more ways than one in this statement... its going to depend on what an individual feels is an achievement in the game and to what degree they like a challenge. This will be the 46th(?) animal in the game, 45 are pretty easy to hunt, why not make one a bit of a challenge? Its not like the animal we are putting into the game is not hard to hunt in real life. I firmly believe it is very huntable, it might require some people to change up hunting styles a little. But like I wrote in the SU, they are able to be stalked or called into a stand. You know that great sense you feel when you shoot a rare or NT, well they are no where near as rare as those, but for a non rare, you should have the same sense of satisfaction, especially if its a big one!

I will be watching the feedback like a hawk... lets see if as a community we can help each other out, before we nerf things!

TK
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Fletchette wrote:
Radamus wrote:When it comes to transportation, consider that just putting a TS up spooks for 100m- which is kind of garbage to begin with - I can put my climber up a tree easily within 50m or so in the woods and no one will ever know, I've always said this is wrong because I know it's wrong, I've done it, I know for fact.
Yeah, but can you put it up in less than a second and jump into from the ground instantly???? :P
Radamus wrote: So lets consider something mechanized, I can't imagine how bad the spook will be with that. But then I think, I've been out mowing where we put corn in horse buckets in the backyard and I've had deer stand there and wait for me to be finished so close you wouldn't believe it, much less that 50m. But as soon as I would stop they take off in high gear. It's why deer will stand in a field while a farmer is driving his tractor, as long as he's moving they don't care much. They are used to it.
Yeah, they are especially not fearful of diesel engines. I had to stop a friggin' bulldozer once, because a buck was standing right in front of me staring at me. Not until I idled down and stood up did he run. Tractors don't even faze them. Gas engines, particularly higher RPM ones like ATV's do spook them a bit more, particularly if you stop.

i imagine it all comes down to acclimatization. if the animal has always lived in an area of farming and hear big farm vehicles often with no ill effects they dont class it as a danger. Its the same here in the uk, you shoot over land that hasnt been shot in a long time with a lamp rabbits and foxes just sit in the beam as if nothing is wrong. doesn't last long though they wise up pretty quick and before long if the beam is on them for more than a few seconds they are off at full speed. im sure a deer who has never seen at combine or tractor was out of sight and gone before you knew it was their.

its the same reason people thin pheasants are suicidal this time of year. they get fed and raised in pens all year for the shooting season, they get released early autumn to fend for themselves, hear a car and literally charge it. not to die but because the bloke who fed them used to turn up in a landrover and they haven't eaten much in a few days
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

gas56 wrote: but I don't have to back myself up in a game to prove how hunting is IRL.
My hunting comment was allegorical in nature to demonstrate a things worth. I apologize if you were unable to grasp that.
gas56 wrote: But remember this is just a game as I do and you'll be fine with it or maybe you won't, that is up to you.............. ;)
Some months ago you were very vocal in supporting your hunting technique of running around a rez until you spotted something to shoot. You maintained that position by saying "this is just a game & I can play it anyway you want". You know, you are right. You can play it anyway you like. However when a new species comes along that will make your preferred hunting style impractical if not impossible you want it changed. That I take issue with.

Sorry Gas, you gonna have to get out of the truck to shoot this one.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”