Status Update - 5th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status Update - 5th September 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hi all!

Your comments to the status update from the 5th September 2018.

Have a good week!

TK
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Post by SoftShoe »

Good stuff TK thanks!

drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Good update, can’t wait to hunt these Lynx.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this Status Update TK.
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thank you for this Status Update...
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Thanks for the update Mat!

Really glad the "jack Rabbit" caller will work for the Lynx like it does with the Bobcat. Maybe along with the urine spray it will be slightly more effective.

The vehicle post intrigues me but there is already a discussion about that elsewhere.

Really glad to hear the first round of summer mission next year will be a "little" easier. Was really disappointed this year.

Also glad to see your aim with the darts was a little better this week for the picture contests. ;)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks for the SU- TK! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sorry to say but most of this update looks like the past couple copied down...... ha ha ha
But what I don't understand is how when an animal is made that it is determined it will be so rare that you will feel
like you've just hit the jackpot, even if that is the way IRL or not, I don't hunt small cats or never have or never will shoot them IRL, well give or take a few feral ones in my younger days.
The hunting game on the other hand is supposed to be made to find and shoot animals. Make the rare furred ones for that and keep the more natural colors
more abundant, or what's the point of having new animals that aren't around much. These things that don't work great while hunting gets boring & sometimes aggravating,..
Look back at how the Polar Bears were first released,... wasn't anything learned from that at all from the response of a lot of players, and not just
regular forum visitors.
I've taken my Pain pills today after having a double lower Hernia operation yesterday morning, so it looks like I will be on the shelf most of the
early fall for IRL deer hunting,.. but I still have a lot of return post-op visits to make with the doctors and so I will be having more game time than I usually have this time of year.
But please help the Devs re-think this rare Lynx thing out before making final decisions so some players at the end of their patience with the game can hang on to at least what is
developed and have some upcoming fun with it. I don't need that sense of great accomplishment for shooting a small cat,.. I would rather have fun
shooting them more often when hunting them in a reserve I hardly use at all in the first place except for the times around X-mas Reindeer hunting.
That's all from me for now........... and excuse me for my post-op drugged-up state which is legal in most instances besides driving................
and you do want my money don't you........ :lol:
Have a good 1......
Last edited by gas56 on September 5th, 2018, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

gas56 wrote: But what I don't understand is how when an animal is made that it is determined it will be so rare that you will feel
like you've just hit the jackpot, even if that is the way IRL or not, I don't hunt small cats or never have or never will shoot them IRL, well give or take a few.
The hunting game on the other hand is supposed to be made to find and shoot animals. Make the rare furred ones for that and keep the more natural colors
more abundant, or what's the point of having new animals that aren't around much. These things that don't work great while hunting gets boring,..
Look back at how the Polar Bears were first released,... wasn't anything learned from that at all from the response of a lot of players, and not just
regular forum visitors.
I have to say I disagree with you rather strongly on this. As someone who used to hunts bobcat a great deal & only ever shot 3 over the span of 30 years when I 1st came to classic & got my 1st bobcat I was absolutely delighted! Then I realized just how easy they are to hunt, now I take no more joy out of bagging them than a 150+ buck.
You want to just be able to go out & kill stuff. Thats great, have at it. There are 20 something species that fit that bill for you. You dont want to work to get a trophy? Thats fine to, once again there are allot of other species out there for you to mow down but let us have our rare & difficult to hunt animal.

Some people want things handed to them, others realize the worth comes in the earning.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:I have to say I disagree with you rather strongly on this. As someone who used to hunts bobcat a great deal & only ever shot 3 over the span of 30 years when I 1st came to classic & got my 1st bobcat I was absolutely delighted! Then I realized just how easy they are to hunt, now I take no more joy out of bagging them than a 150+ buck.
You want to just be able to go out & kill stuff. Thats great, have at it. There are 20 something species that fit that bill for you. You dont want to work to get a trophy? Thats fine to, once again there are allot of other species out there for you to mow down but let us have our rare & difficult to hunt animal.

Some people want things handed to them, others realize the worth comes in the earning.
I'm glad you have an opinion but I don't have to agree with yours either.......... :lol:
have a good 1

P.S. I know what IRL life hunting is like,.. and I've never taken game that I haven't earned.
but I don't have to back myself up in a game to prove how hunting is IRL.
But remember this is just a game as I do and you'll be fine with it or maybe you won't, that is up to you.............. ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”