CotW crazy buggy atm ?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
D3AKUs
Hunter

CotW crazy buggy atm ?

Post by D3AKUs »

Wow, i do remember the game had its flaws but damn …
Animations of Equipment are wonky af on some items. Sometimes the whole Animation isnt synced and looks crazy. Especially noticeable on some callers and reload animations.
Bought the Goose DLC ... should have read bug reports in advance - that **** is absolutely unplayable. Its 50-50 that the geese get stuck in mid air while breaking and whirl around like a tornado or they are just invincible and u can shoot them 6 times with the shotgun or .22 and they just laugh at u. Ah well and if u manage to kill one theres still another 50-50 that it gets stuck in mid air while falling down or bounces under the ground and is uncollectable xD ahahaha thats real fun !

Man ... i do enjoy the game if i play it every now and then but damn … some of that stuff is horrible.

Anyone else has anymore bugs i should know about before i shell out more money for the New Reserve and the Tent DLC which i am still missing ( :D - got ATV tho cause Prioritys ! ). I mean the prices are reasonable and normally i dont mind spending the small amounts ... but it seems the game is a lil bit in a sad state right now.

Edit: At least i have one positive Thing … The Bunnys in this game are amazing ! So much fun to hunt them when they rush around u at an insane speed in the higher grass. Awesome !
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: CotW crazy buggy atm ?

Post by SoftShoe »

You had the goose problem recently? I assume you got the patch??

The geese were bad when 1st released & I didnt even bother with them. Once they patched it I bought the DLC & have not had a single problem.

D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

SoftShoe wrote:You had the goose problem recently? I assume you got the patch??

The geese were bad when 1st released & I didnt even bother with them. Once they patched it I bought the DLC & have not had a single problem.
I reinstalled a few days so i am sure the game was up to date ( have the always update function on steam enabled too) , i also reinstalled it again yesterday and have veryfied game data twice now through steam to see if it was a problem with the inastallation but steam didnt find any data that was a problem. Bought the dlc yesterday and wasnt able to have single try at the geese that wasnt an absolutely horrible experience even after the fresh installation that i mentioned before. Its either they just dont break at all even tho i use the caller and have 24 decoys spread around me or one of the bugs that i mentioned ruined it when they did. Also there seems to be always an initial burst of geese flocks when i start the game for like 10-15 minutes and after i never ever see or hear any of them again. It feels totally broken to me and i regret buying that dlc equipment - yes its only spare change but it stills feels like an absolute rip off to sell extra equipment per microtransaction for something that isnt working.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Sorry to hear that. While I havent hunted geese much in some ways I prefer it to classic. I get more geese coming in at more regular intervals even if I am not calling.

I have my spread in the south central part of the map if that makes a difference?

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i find the geese flying over head just as annoying as they are the the classic. i don't hunt them so a won't be buying the DLC for them. everything else works as it has been. some lag and some freezing, some low FPS, but, that is all due to my older CPU. but most of the times it's playable...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”