Summer Fiesta 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Ravenousfox wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:So far I have enjoyed the first two Fiesta cups. Very challenging but pretty much doable for all players. But now this Fall cup is about to start and it requires a weapon I and many other players do not own. I find this very unfair and disappointing and just a "money grab". I know many of my fellow long term players who have no problem throwing thousands of dollars into this game will flame me for this post; but these comps should be open to everyone. Sure make them challenging, but don't require buying special weapons that I would have absolutely no interest in owning otherwise. It is bad enough I couldn't complete any of the mission packs because of the weapons requirements but now I can't even do the comps which are one of my main reasons for playing this game. :(

Yes I know other comps require special weapons and I just don't do those comps, but these are special once a year events and I feel they should be open to all players. Just my opinion, I am probably wrong and most people will probably disagree with me; but for those that took time to read this thank you for letting me vent.
I like having comps that require a certain weapon as it makes the comp fair for everyone participating.
Also makes it so that people don't just use a weapon that will down animals 100% as it actually adds shot placement into the comp.
Higher caliber weapons for example have a much more easy time to hit vitals than other weapons do and a lot of people know that and use it to their advantage leaving people that use low caliber weapons to a disadvantage.

I agree about the fairness but make it a weapon that everyone owns like the 12ga shotgun required in the Summer Cup. I just don't like having to buy a weapon I would never purchase otherwise just to be able to compete in a special comp that i really want to be in.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

XxStrong1xX wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:So far I have enjoyed the first two Fiesta cups. Very challenging but pretty much doable for all players. But now this Fall cup is about to start and it requires a weapon I and many other players do not own. I find this very unfair and disappointing and just a "money grab". I know many of my fellow long term players who have no problem throwing thousands of dollars into this game will flame me for this post; but these comps should be open to everyone. Sure make them challenging, but don't require buying special weapons that I would have absolutely no interest in owning otherwise. It is bad enough I couldn't complete any of the mission packs because of the weapons requirements but now I can't even do the comps which are one of my main reasons for playing this game. :(

Yes I know other comps require special weapons and I just don't do those comps, but these are special once a year events and I feel they should be open to all players. Just my opinion, I am probably wrong and most people will probably disagree with me; but for those that took time to read this thank you for letting me vent.
I like having comps that require a certain weapon as it makes the comp fair for everyone participating.
Also makes it so that people don't just use a weapon that will down animals 100% as it actually adds shot placement into the comp.
Higher caliber weapons for example have a much more easy time to hit vitals than other weapons do and a lot of people know that and use it to their advantage leaving people that use low caliber weapons to a disadvantage.

I agree about the fairness but make it a weapon that everyone owns like the 12ga shotgun required in the Summer Cup. I just don't like having to buy a weapon I would never purchase otherwise just to be able to compete in a special comp that i really want to be in.
These type of events have always required certain weapons and yes it is a way to promote sales. Always has been. But in all fairness the .270 is a older weapon and most do already own it.
Spoiler:
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Finally got it!!! https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7AC3BEFD5/ kar98k is beauty!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Gotta say, for a company that prides itself on responsible and ethical hunting, there sure are a lot of brain/fleeing/long distance missions in this major month-long event. If I witnessed any hunter doing any of these things IRL it'd be very hard not have an accidental weapon discharge out in the field.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Enough, I give up, after 16 attempts to capture the bison to the brain while fleeing I got tired of losing my time trying to do a mission that seems impossible in SP.
I just can not understand how one can hit the brain of an animal that runs with his head down and has a huge back.
If someone can post a video of the killing of bison in SP I would be very happy, obviously struck to the brain while fleeing.
Thanks for everything, I really believe that I will dedicate myself to something else.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

fantamichele wrote:Enough, I give up, after 16 attempts to capture the bison to the brain while fleeing I got tired of losing my time trying to do a mission that seems impossible in SP.
I just can not understand how one can hit the brain of an animal that runs with his head down and has a huge back.
If someone can post a video of the killing of bison in SP I would be very happy, obviously struck to the brain while fleeing.
Thanks for everything, I really believe that I will dedicate myself to something else.
Hey mate!

I have not gotten up to this mission myself yet, but I know you can hit it in the head as it turns around to run. I am pretty sure this is how RF did it as well.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

TreeKiwi wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Enough, I give up, after 16 attempts to capture the bison to the brain while fleeing I got tired of losing my time trying to do a mission that seems impossible in SP.
Hey mate!

I have not gotten up to this mission myself yet, but I know you can hit it in the head as it turns around to run. I am pretty sure this is how RF did it as well.
Hi Mat,
I tried, the problem is that you do not have time to shoot the second shot. Shoot the first shot at 40 meters and while the rifle reload (I use the 45-70) the bison has already turned from behind.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I realize that this mission needs two players, the first player shoots to scare the bison and the second is positioned behind the bison at about 80 meters, in this way when the bison runs away the second player has time to take the aim and shoot the brain.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

I need to find a 14 point RM Elk, shot one at 351 but sadly for me, only 12 points. The search continues.
RichardTheHunter
Scout

Post by RichardTheHunter »

Mauser 98k without scope :P took me a wile but i got a nice 238+ score at 270+ meters. The feeling when you finally get one.... glorious

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”