Competition: The Big Five

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Competition: The Big Five

Post by gas56 »

Sherab86 wrote:
gas56 wrote:This comp has got me back out looking for some big animals & though I am not finding the big weight animals that I'd like to get,..
I came across this Water Buffalo and is a PB (score 280.873) for myself but only weighed 1155,.. and still is a great Taxy animal for my lodge even if it didn't crush the leaderboards.... :lol:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the Big Five Comp.......... :D
Wow, what a beast! :)

Congratulations!
Thanks,... any Water Buffalo over a 280 score is a great Trophy and I'm happy with that.
The top leaderboard Water Buffalo ATM is a score of 286.686, so it's not too far away...... ;)
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

BuiuRei wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote: We have also taken on everyone's feedback regarding the Multiplayer vs SinglePlayer debate and it has all been noted, we will have a think about future events. The multiplayer is there to try and make it more fun and social for the community, but maybe we need to tighten up some of the rules next time, not that anyone was breaking any this time... more just gaming the game!

TK
Make the ticket stuff like some events before and presto, can't deactivate and reactivate (assuming one can only get hold of a single ticket).
Best one. Agree

haruorhs
Spotter

Post by haruorhs »

amramco1964 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Hello Hunters!

Well that wraps up an amazing event, we had exactly 2000 competitors on the dot sign up and 752 people registered a result.

Two fun facts:
  • The total weight of animals harvested was 2,511,615kgs... note this is only the total of every players heaviest animals... not all the animals that were harvested, imagine that number?? :o
  • The Average registered score was 3339kgs
Here is a List of the top 300

I am going to contact the top 10 players to get their postal addresses, but if you are one of them and reading this, please send me a message here, saves me having to chase everyone around.

We have to thank theHunter Italy and Fiocchi Ammuntions for the great partnership, I hope it is the first of many!

We have also taken on everyone's feedback regarding the Multiplayer vs SinglePlayer debate and it has all been noted, we will have a think about future events. The multiplayer is there to try and make it more fun and social for the community, but maybe we need to tighten up some of the rules next time, not that anyone was breaking any this time... more just gaming the game!

Fantastic stuff everyone!

TK
No rules need to be changed- comps do. SP and MP should never be together in one competition. It should be MP and/or SP only. When big events like this happen there should be two comps SP and MP. Simple. Are you willing to let us know if the winners were in SP or MP. I would bet they were in MP. I have nothing against MP play styles, but for comps, MP and SP together is simply silly. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
All my 14 hunts were in SP
I made this competition in SP
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

I would like to thanks the vibrant energy of the great guys of theHunter Italy, who came with the brilliant idea of this amazing and exciting competition.

Many thanks to the great team of theHunter, who made possible this event.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS! It was a honor to play against all of you. Someday i'll be among you too.

As a newbie, i've learned a lot, and i'm hungry for more opportunities like this wonderful competition to put my improved skills to the test again and again.

Please, make another ones so good as this one and, the next time, give awards for MP and SP separately and make the announce at least a month early, to give us newbies chance to prepare for it.
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hello Hunters!

Well that wraps up an amazing event, we had exactly 2000 competitors on the dot sign up and 752 people registered a result.

Two fun facts:
  • The total weight of animals harvested was 2,511,615kgs... note this is only the total of every players heaviest animals... not all the animals that were harvested, imagine that number?? :o
  • The Average registered score was 3339kgs
Here is a List of the top 300

I am going to contact the top 10 players to get their postal addresses, but if you are one of them and reading this, please send me a message here, saves me having to chase everyone around.

We have to thank theHunter Italy and Fiocchi Ammuntions for the great partnership, I hope it is the first of many!

We have also taken on everyone's feedback regarding the Multiplayer vs SinglePlayer debate and it has all been noted, we will have a think about future events. The multiplayer is there to try and make it more fun and social for the community, but maybe we need to tighten up some of the rules next time, not that anyone was breaking any this time... more just gaming the game!

Fantastic stuff everyone!

TK

Great! My first competition and my classification is 116, with 3.590,38 kg. How about that? Next time i'm confident i'm going to stay between the best 10.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

haruorhs wrote:
amramco1964 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
No rules need to be changed- comps do. SP and MP should never be together in one competition. It should be MP and/or SP only. When big events like this happen there should be two comps SP and MP. Simple. Are you willing to let us know if the winners were in SP or MP. I would bet they were in MP. I have nothing against MP play styles, but for comps, MP and SP together is simply silly. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
All my 14 hunts were in SP
Awesome! Well done I'd say. Also congrats to the winners, you all deserve the win, whether in SP or MP. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

DaveyCockett wrote:Happy to have made it to the top 100 lol tough comp. I got like 3,600kg roughly don't wanna math right now. But I was so stoked when I shot a moose that weighed 617.91 in my first hunt and a bear that was just shy of 550. Thought those two would have covered my butt, boy was I wrong. Found the bison to be the hardest to find a heavy one. Left like 100kg on that one. What was your hardest animal to find?
My God! That Roosevelt Elk is absolutely a nightmare to hunt whithout using blinds, stands, towers or shooting tripods. It was the reason i became 116.
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

Mackie2112 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:The comp was fun and not overly frustrating.
Congratulations to all that made the top 20 without using the multiplayer loop hole!
I will not complain about it being MP and SP at the same time but instead call into question those that decided to play in a way that gave them an advantage over those that played fair. Oh and if you used those tactics/strategies congratulations to you also.
While I had no idea this was a thing i managed to place 209. Not great but not to bad. I do not believe that is a strategy or loophole but an exploit of game mechanics. Sadly when a dev sees there is no way to close that exploit without effecting many more things in the process they usually say its ok or acceptable practice. If simply making it single player eliminated this in some way and once in a competition your in it without activate/reactivate from my perspective this would balance that out. You gain an advantage over others. I know now that I will likely avoid MP/SP comps. I enjoy going out tracking and finding the animals not jumping rushing and reloading until I get what I want or have the spawn needed. You were kind. Id say its just flat sad and not in the spirit of "hunting" but more like a deer or elk farm. They are there all you do is shoot. i did enjoy it and previous competitions I have entered. Knowing this is a thing kind of takes the wind out of youre sails for a minute but the value of ones gaming time is subjective :P grats to all the winners!
Newbie's questions:

What is a multiplayer loop hole?

How this strategy was used in this competition?

What is the function of the alt + f4 keyboards combination?
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

What is the function of the alt + f4 keyboards combination?

It shuts down your hunt and makes sure it ends without any issues.
Are you a member of the UHC yet?
Paf_Paf

Post by Paf_Paf »

BCKidd wrote:
haruorhs wrote:
amramco1964 wrote: All my 14 hunts were in SP
Awesome! Well done I'd say. Also congrats to the winners, you all deserve the win, whether in SP or MP. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Me too , competition in SP .

Thanks to theHunter Italy and Fiocchi Ammunitions, and DEV :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”