Congratulations HooCairs 100K

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Commanche
Spotter

Re: Congratulations HooCairs 100K

Post by Commanche »

Good one! Congrats
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks again all.

Almost 13.000 hours. Pilots would be jealous, EW would be proud and my wife would be upset if they knew. :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

RiP the perfect number, but I'm happy to see you back on track again. Welcome back :D
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Hifisch wrote:RiP the perfect number, but I'm happy to see you back on track again. Welcome back :D
Thanks buddy. I had run out of goals and took a break. Then I checked the range leaderboards and realized how the community has just gone back to the old places and tried to shoot animals further from there. Practically no innovation visible even though the new render distance offers a lot of new possibilities. Well I quite enjoy doing that footwork and have found at least one new place in every reserve I checked, see the range board. It is going to take a few weeks now and people will start copying and beating some of this again, but that's cool. In the meantime I plan to add a few more longest shots and new places to the board. ;)
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Hey HC and welcome back. You are not the only one, I am just waiting for them to fix the range of the weapons. Then we will see some 550+ shots, and maybe some over 600.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

INTIMID883R wrote:Hey HC and welcome back. You are not the only one, I am just waiting for them to fix the range of the weapons. Then we will see some 550+ shots, and maybe some over 600.
Nice. Looking forward to these. Still with the recurve? You beat me last season in PB even though I tried hard with the rifle. :)

I haven't hit WRR yet because of that issue but also want to do some exploring for when it is fixed.
Spoiler:
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

HooCairs wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:Hey HC and welcome back. You are not the only one, I am just waiting for them to fix the range of the weapons. Then we will see some 550+ shots, and maybe some over 600.
Nice. Looking forward to these. Still with the recurve? You beat me last season in PB even though I tried hard with the rifle. :)

I haven't hit WRR yet because of that issue but also want to do some exploring for when it is fixed.
Very glad to see you back HC. :D
Spoiler:
Crazyhorse
Scout

Post by Crazyhorse »

I'm gonna go with hax. :P Gratz, I'm still trying to break 4k....

Thanks,
CH
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

TO our Dear Sir Hoo, I read your posts at the time and I thought to myself - it can't be, it's not possible, no way, he can't go - Really man?, I was kind of in a little bit of a shock. But at the same time I thought, well, he's done it all, it's been an enormous investment of his personal time. I know as well as anyone that this time is taken away from other things, and people that are much more important in life. You set a goal, you climbed the mountain, you've given of yourself to an extraordinarily high level that can only be respected and admired, doesn't matter even if one didn't know you, or even like you but as one who set a goal and achieved it? this is pretty damned impressive.

One of my proudest moments in the whole experience of this game, was making your "Rarest of the Rares" with my ibex (coincidentally still the highest score I've had). Maybe a silly thing, but it meant something as I think it does to everyone who's made it.
So in the event that you actually do phase out, I wanted to get those thoughts off my chest because I wanted you to know them.
The fact that I feel for myself that it's important to even say this, supports a notion I've always had about this place- it's a lot more than just a game but to some that's all it is and I think they miss out on so much more.

So keep it up man! You know Jimbo isn't giving up :lol: He can smell your exhaust and see your bumper on the straights :lol:

And I expect to see you back up there in those Long Range LB's. It's kind of odd not having your avatar up there as you have been since the first day I started playing. One of the first shirts I ever bought was that orange one because I thought it could have a little bit of SuperHero power if I put it on! :lol: :lol:
Be good man ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Hehe, thanks Radamus and everyone. I agree this is more than just a game, although I am probably one that is "gaming the game" more than most others. Yes there are more important things in life, that is why I do this only in my spare time. ;)

Would be cool if Jimbo would catch up at some point, or anyone else. There are a lot catching up fast. I guess once we hit the ceiling (currently 105k) there will be many, and the first place will only be a matter of who is selected by the server, and who jumps fastest to the next 1K when an animal of weapon is added.
Radamus wrote:And I expect to see you back up there in those Long Range LB's. It's kind of odd not having your avatar up there as you have been since the first day I started playing.
Ok, fixed.
Radamus wrote:One of the first shirts I ever bought was that orange one because I thought it could have a little bit of SuperHero power if I put it on!
Super power has been transfered to the red checkered shirt. It is a bit chilly in those treestands at times.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”