Need help with accounts.

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
electrickrypt

Need help with accounts.

Post by electrickrypt »

Hello, I came back to this game after a few years and tried to purchase a hunting license on my original account (this account). I was successful. However, it activated my license on my Steam account, creating a new Hunter account. This is creating many issues for me including not having access to my original account/player. I tried to find where to contact support for this and failed. Please help! Thank you!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Need help with accounts.

Post by JimboCrow »

You will need to contact [email protected]. However, they don't work weekends. :)
electrickrypt

Post by electrickrypt »

JimboCrow wrote:You will need to contact [email protected]. However, they don't work weekends. :)
Basically contact via email. Thanks. And... BUMMER on the weekends! LOL. Thanks again!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

<Moved to Support Forum>
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

electrickrypt wrote:Hello, I came back to this game after a few years and tried to purchase a hunting license on my original account (this account). I was successful. However, it activated my license on my Steam account, creating a new Hunter account. This is creating many issues for me including not having access to my original account/player. I tried to find where to contact support for this and failed. Please help! Thank you!

From what i understand from your post, you already had a account on the hunter, then you made a new one for steam, that would made 2 different The Hunter accounts, what you need to do is link your old account to steam, not create a new The Hunter account on steam, i don't remember any tutorial but this post may help you:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... link+steam

Now if you did link your old account and still are having troubles then yes you gonna need that support take a look at the issue. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
electrickrypt

Post by electrickrypt »

VonStratos wrote:
electrickrypt wrote:Hello, I came back to this game after a few years and tried to purchase a hunting license on my original account (this account). I was successful. However, it activated my license on my Steam account, creating a new Hunter account. This is creating many issues for me including not having access to my original account/player. I tried to find where to contact support for this and failed. Please help! Thank you!

From what i understand from your post, you already had a account on the hunter, then you made a new one for steam, that would made 2 different The Hunter accounts, what you need to do is link your old account to steam, not create a new The Hunter account on steam, i don't remember any tutorial but this post may help you:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... link+steam

Now if you did link your old account and still are having troubles then yes you gonna need that support take a look at the issue. ;)
Yeah, I messed up. I don't remember The Hunter being on Steam in the past. When I recently Googled the game, I found it through Steam and downloaded it (I didn't know you can still get it without Steam). After downloading through Steam (which created a new account), I logged into The Hunter on my original account. When I purchased my license, it automatically applied it to my new (Steam) account. AHHHHH!!

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out. So much frustration with this Steam. I hate Steam lol.

UPDATE:
Hmm, I basically have a "New" account through Steam with a license and an old "original" account through The Hunter client without a license. Link really didn't help with that. I really hope I can merge these somehow. Would be AWESOME!!!!

UPDATE2:
I already sent out an email yesterday. Once they respond, I'll link them to this post so they can get more details. Thanks.

UPDATE3:
This guy had the same issue as me and it looks like he got help from a dev..
https://steamcommunity.com/app/293260/d ... 095212052/

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”