Not a bad first Competition

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Mackie2112
Tracker

Not a bad first Competition

Post by Mackie2112 »

Makes me want to do better next time. Happy with this result with the time I did have to hunt!

Congrats to all the other competitors!

Is it possible to shoot upwards of 10 Hare within seconds of each other? I have stalked and tracked those little buggers and cant seem to find them in large groups like that? I just noticed some of the entrants were able to achieve this and maybe Im missing a hot spot? I know jumping tents is a thing. But this appears to be a hot spot from what I was seeing. Many rabbits down with a shotguns within seconds of each other at the same distance? I need to find this place! I have a hare in the leaderboard but I had to shoot fairly long in the wind with the 22 grasshopper. Anyway thanks for any input on this in advance!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Not a bad first Competition

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Mackie2112 wrote:Is it possible to shoot upwards of 10 Hare within seconds of each other? I have stalked and tracked those little buggers and cant seem to find them in large groups like that? I just noticed some of the entrants were able to achieve this and maybe Im missing a hot spot? I know jumping tents is a thing. But this appears to be a hot spot from what I was seeing. Many rabbits down with a shotguns within seconds of each other at the same distance? I need to find this place! I have a hare in the leaderboard but I had to shoot fairly long in the wind with the 22 grasshopper. Anyway thanks for any input on this in advance!
First of all: be aware that the time shown in the score sheet is the time of harvest, not when the animal was shot. People sometimes stay in a stand or tower for a long time and keeping on calling animals in and shooting them from that spot. Finally they get down and collect all of them which makes it look like the animals were shot within a short time. This works especially well for certain "hot spots" like the Golden Tree Stand on Whitehart Island.

For snowshoe hare, I don't think you can get 10+ at the same spot "legally". Sometimes there are four or five in one place, but I doubt it's possible to shoot a lot more in one spot. Was the distance of the shot always between 5 and 10 meters? In that case I recommend to report the account in question to support as a potential cheater. Send a mail to [email protected] and they will check the account. Please don't name the person in here though, it's against the CoC. Support is responsible for deciding what to do.

Oh, and congrats to your success in the competition! :)
Image Image Image
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Mackie2112 wrote:Is it possible to shoot upwards of 10 Hare within seconds of each other? I have stalked and tracked those little buggers and cant seem to find them in large groups like that? I just noticed some of the entrants were able to achieve this and maybe Im missing a hot spot? I know jumping tents is a thing. But this appears to be a hot spot from what I was seeing. Many rabbits down with a shotguns within seconds of each other at the same distance? I need to find this place! I have a hare in the leaderboard but I had to shoot fairly long in the wind with the 22 grasshopper. Anyway thanks for any input on this in advance!
First of all: be aware that the time shown in the score sheet is the time of harvest, not when the animal was shot. People sometimes stay in a stand or tower for a long time and keeping on calling animals in and shooting them from that spot. Finally they get down and collect all of them which makes it look like the animals were shot within a short time. This works especially well for certain "hot spots" like the Golden Tree Stand on Whitehart Island.

For snowshoe hare, I don't think you can get 10+ at the same spot "legally". Sometimes there are four or five in one place, but I doubt it's possible to shoot a lot more in one spot. Was the distance of the shot always between 5 and 10 meters? In that case I recommend to report the account in question to support as a potential cheater. Send a mail to [email protected] and they will check the account. Please don't name the person in here though, it's against the CoC. Support is responsible for deciding what to do.

Oh, and congrats to your success in the competition! :)
Yes within 10 meters thats why i assumed it was like a snowshoe hotspot I missed! I wouldn't mention a name if I had suspected something amiss. I truly thought there was a herd of these elusive buggers I didn't know about. Yes I know about mass harvests as well as I do it frequently with geese. hence why i assumed perhaps a possible Showshoe hare hideaway! Thanks for youre reply. I truly enjoy this game immensely. I like the people here, even the moderators. :P
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Mackie2112 wrote:I like the people here, even the moderators. :P
Thanks! :oops:

Would you report the account in question to support? There's a hack that teleports animals in front of a player, that one might have been used here.
Image Image Image
lmp1986

Post by lmp1986 »

There's also not-a-hack that "teleports" small animals in front of the player and it's called a retriever dog ;).
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

lmp1986 wrote:There's also not-a-hack that "teleports" small animals in front of the player and it's called a retriever dog ;).
But the retriever dog doesn't change the "shot distance" as displayed in the score sheet.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
lmp1986

Post by lmp1986 »

True. I'm not saying the person in question is not cheating, just that some suspiciously quick consecutive small game harvests might be the result of using a dog. I hunt European Rabbits like that - from a tripod, with a dog fetching the kills and every now and then I'll go down and collect 2, 3, 4 at once.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

If it's the player I think it is, then I suspect he's using the hack that shows where all the animals are. No one can run around and harvest 10 snowshoes in 16min & 15 in 21min without knowing where they are. The hunter doesn't own a pointer either, so that eliminates that theory.

Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

Well good to know what to look for and if I see it and it isn't right i can open a ticket for it. Thanks for the responses.

Return to “General Chat”