Game Update - 18th June 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game Update - 18th June 2018

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: FR_Bugs ... I agree buddy . No worries . We all are different and have different priorities and expectations for this game .
I just haven't found ,yet,what help,the HS can bring to my gameplay .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

it does not add anything to the gameplay, it's just for my ego :D
Greywolf01
Tracker

Post by Greywolf01 »

L3M182 wrote:
Greywolf01 wrote:
Tracker Paul wrote:Feeders and Bait do not work ! No animals come to feeders, Show NO awareness of Feeders, Bait Means nothing ! Bait Keeps going down but no animals ever approach Feeders ! Used to work... Right now buying Bait is a total waste of Money ! Why Have The Bait & Feeders on Sale when They Don't Work anymore ?
Yes feeders still dont work yet they want people to buy goat feeders and bait? Yeah ok Ill get right on it. smh Fix the darn feeders please.
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Thanks for those fixes. Still nothing about the feeders, tho huh.
nope nothing about the feeders and people still buying and using feed smh

i mean they will fix them eventually and its not like bait goes off?. you could always just buy it discounted and use it yano.......when they re fixed.
sorry you feel that way but it is important they get this fixed. Period. For all of us that use the feeders for comps and hunting it is very important. Should not have to wait till they choose to fix it on there terms. Expensive to most but it should not matter if you have or dont have money. It is why we pay to play the game.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

With the old hunterscore I used to track how many more of "X" I needed to boost the score. But I never used that as a "drive" to get me to use that weapon, or target that animal. It was just more numbers to enter. :roll:
But to some that score is like the carrot on the stick. Which is cool. Nothing wrong with being that competitive at all. Everyone plays the game to fit their own entertainment, to me that's one of the best qualities of the game. I see other folks stats & they are in a session (not waterfowl) and get 25 kills in far less than an hour. Then go take a look at my stats, you'll see many hunts over an hour with just a few kills. I will get a call, go find the animal to see if it's a rare.... common female Red deer, keep walking. Or see track that are older & unless they register on the heavy side I wander on.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Greywolf01 wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
Greywolf01 wrote: Yes feeders still dont work yet they want people to buy goat feeders and bait? Yeah ok Ill get right on it. smh Fix the darn feeders please.

nope nothing about the feeders and people still buying and using feed smh

i mean they will fix them eventually and its not like bait goes off?. you could always just buy it discounted and use it yano.......when they re fixed.
sorry you feel that way but it is important they get this fixed. Period. For all of us that use the feeders for comps and hunting it is very important. Should not have to wait till they choose to fix it on there terms. Expensive to most but it should not matter if you have or dont have money. It is why we pay to play the game.

I don’t feel anyway mate. Game Working or broke I haven’t had time to play recently at all. What I was getting at was if bait is on sale and you’re big on feeder hunting, buying bait at a discount and keeping it until they fix the feeders is just making lemonade out of lemons. waiting to buy it at full price is just silly. Only playing yourself. It’s not like the feeders will be broken forever
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: FR_Bugs ... I agree buddy . No worries . We all are different and have different priorities and expectations for this game .
Hi Serge. Hunterscore is definitely an incentive for me, but I also enjoy a leisurely, relaxed hunt, or an intense 'long-time-tracking-a-monster' hunt. However, I actually get more joy out of filling up my Achievements tab than I do from increasing my HS. So I try to do both, or one or the other, or sometimes all three at once.... ;)

I buy the weapons that don't even count toward my HS because I want to fill up ALL of my Achievements. That's pretty much how I've always played, even before Hunterscore 2.0. It's like completing all the missions, it's something for me to work towards long term. Of course I would much rather bag a 250 Sambar any day, but I also enjoy going on a goat-hog-roo killing spree on BRR with my new green camo Lever Action .30-06 for no points whatsoever. Doesn't everybody? :D
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

INTIMID883R wrote:Thanks for the update, and the fixes.

However I just tested the arrow impacts, and there are still multiple impacts.The video was made in multiplayer, but I was only one in game. If others join a MP: session the number of impacts will increase in relation to number of players in game. It is very easy to reproduce. Thanks for trying.

I am quoting myself here simply to get both videos in the same place.

Let me first clear up something here. These multiple impacts are not a result of any recent patch to the game. They have been a part of the game as long as I have been attempting longshots in this game. One is looking at a different world, when he is attempting shots at 400 + m, and see's things much differently than at ground level.

I will add here, that these multiple impacts occur with all bows, crossbows, pistols, rifles, and shotguns..

Here is a video of random selected rifles, pistols and a shotgun with a slug.

If only I could get a developer to talk with me I think I may have been able to help solve this problem, but that seems to be impossible to achieve. Therefore I have got to do a way more typing than I am comfortable doing. Please bare with me here. :?

It is my theory, and mind you is only a theory, as I know absolutely nothing about coding. I have however been a problem solver and a trouble shooter for most of my life. First problem solved was how to escape from my crib as a baby. :lol: :twisted:

The game used to have one and only 1 impact from anything. This trajectory and impact was simply a straight line to what ever you were shooting at, regardless of distance. Some time ago, proper ballistics for firearms, and wind affects on firearms and bows were added to the game. The old trajectory was either never removed, or at some point, with some update, was added back into the game. If you watch the video's, one impact is always longer than the other (bullet drop maybe ?), just saying. If you stand and shoot one firearm long enough and far enough, you will see the short impact vary left to right also. With any bow of course this variation ( wind drift ) will be much more noticeable. As I have said, is just a theory...

Now for part 2.

How many hundreds of post have been made complaining about hit boxes on almost every animal in the game....bunches to say the very least, and with all kinds of weapons at all kinds of distance.

What if, and I know it is a big IF, at some point in time, in some way, the projectile was connected to the wrong trajectory. Could that explain how you aim for a heart/lung shot, and somehow end up with stomach/intestines??????? What if when you put your scope cross hairs on a spot, that the projectile coming from your gun is not lined up with where your cross hairs are, or is not on the same trajectory as you are looking at?? Could that be the problem with all the hit box problems ?

Let me give you an example. Everyone knows that I have killed a bunch of Bears with the Recurve. At some point something changed with that and other weapons. If I have a Bear broadside, facing to my left, and aim for the heart, now days, I almost always get lung/liver hit. ON the other hand, if a Bear is broadside and facing right, I will most likely get a shoulder blade/lung. See where I am gong here....

Now last but by no means least.

Why if another player is standing below me where I am attempting a longshot with the bow, does he/they see a totally different arrow impact than I do. How can he/they see multiple hits on an animal, and when I get to the bottom with them, I see no arrows in the animal?? Something is dreadfully wrong with all weapons in game at this point, and IMHO should be top priority to be fixed.

Any comments are welcome, especially from a DEVELOPER.
Spoiler:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I have two theories.
1. Tony is drunk when he plays and has double vision.
2. There is truth to his madness.

In all seriousness, Tony loves his long shots, and I have seen what Tony is talking about. When render was only 220m, this issue was not as noticeable because the majority of the players shot less than 220m. When a player aimed at the heart at 200m and ended up with a double lung shot, we did not think anything of it because we still had an impact in the general area we were aiming. Now that the render is 320m, this bug is much more noticeable and is being noticed by more players. You aim for the heart at 300m with the .300, a rifle with very minimum bullet drop, and the impact is showing an intestine rear leg shot. The players line of sight and the bullet's flight path are off somehow.
piomarvado
Scout

Post by piomarvado »

INTIMID883R wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:Thanks for the update, and the fixes.

However I just tested the arrow impacts, and there are still multiple impacts.The video was made in multiplayer, but I was only one in game. If others join a MP: session the number of impacts will increase in relation to number of players in game. It is very easy to reproduce. Thanks for trying.

I am quoting myself here simply to get both videos in the same place.

Let me first clear up something here. These multiple impacts are not a result of any recent patch to the game. They have been a part of the game as long as I have been attempting longshots in this game. One is looking at a different world, when he is attempting shots at 400 + m, and see's things much differently than at ground level.

I will add here, that these multiple impacts occur with all bows, crossbows, pistols, rifles, and shotguns..

Here is a video of random selected rifles, pistols and a shotgun with a slug.

If only I could get a developer to talk with me I think I may have been able to help solve this problem, but that seems to be impossible to achieve. Therefore I have got to do a way more typing than I am comfortable doing. Please bare with me here. :?

It is my theory, and mind you is only a theory, as I know absolutely nothing about coding. I have however been a problem solver and a trouble shooter for most of my life. First problem solved was how to escape from my crib as a baby. :lol: :twisted:

The game used to have one and only 1 impact from anything. This trajectory and impact was simply a straight line to what ever you were shooting at, regardless of distance. Some time ago, proper ballistics for firearms, and wind affects on firearms and bows were added to the game. The old trajectory was either never removed, or at some point, with some update, was added back into the game. If you watch the video's, one impact is always longer than the other (bullet drop maybe ?), just saying. If you stand and shoot one firearm long enough and far enough, you will see the short impact vary left to right also. With any bow of course this variation ( wind drift ) will be much more noticeable. As I have said, is just a theory...

Now for part 2.

How many hundreds of post have been made complaining about hit boxes on almost every animal in the game....bunches to say the very least, and with all kinds of weapons at all kinds of distance.

What if, and I know it is a big IF, at some point in time, in some way, the projectile was connected to the wrong trajectory. Could that explain how you aim for a heart/lung shot, and somehow end up with stomach/intestines??????? What if when you put your scope cross hairs on a spot, that the projectile coming from your gun is not lined up with where your cross hairs are, or is not on the same trajectory as you are looking at?? Could that be the problem with all the hit box problems ?

Let me give you an example. Everyone knows that I have killed a bunch of Bears with the Recurve. At some point something changed with that and other weapons. If I have a Bear broadside, facing to my left, and aim for the heart, now days, I almost always get lung/liver hit. ON the other hand, if a Bear is broadside and facing right, I will most likely get a shoulder blade/lung. See where I am gong here....

Now last but by no means least.

Why if another player is standing below me where I am attempting a longshot with the bow, does he/they see a totally different arrow impact than I do. How can he/they see multiple hits on an animal, and when I get to the bottom with them, I see no arrows in the animal?? Something is dreadfully wrong with all weapons in game at this point, and IMHO should be top priority to be fixed.

Any comments are welcome, especially from a DEVELOPER.

The Lord is 100% correct !!!! All weapons are "DEFECT". With or without scope. I can guarantee that, because I really like to hunt without scope. We need an URGENT response.
wvmtman59
Spotter

Post by wvmtman59 »

Good Luck!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”