theHunter: Classic Football Jamboree 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

theHunter: Classic Football Jamboree 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

theHunter Football Jamboree 2018

It is that time again, the 2018 FIFA World Cup is upon us and that means it is time for our very own Football Jamboree! This year we have two competitions for everyone to participate in, the 'Main Event' and 'The Football Jamboree League'.

Main Event Details

If you have competed in any of the last Jamboree's, you will know what to expect, if you haven't competed before, here is a nice run down of how it all works!

The Jamboree runs from the 14th of June to the 15th of July. All you have to do is purchase the pants from the team or teams you think might win the FIFA World Cup, if you own the pants that represent the overall winning team of the FIFA World Cup, you yourself win some sweet prizes. At the start of the event, the pants are heavily discounted and as the World cup progresses the discount is reduced, the finals being the most expensive time to purchase the pants. Here is a nice little image that will show you how the pants are going to be priced from the start of the event, to the end. (Discount does not kick in till early tomorrow morning)

This year there are 32 teams in the World Cup and all the corresponding pants can be found in theHunter Store, it is worth noting that after the event is over, these pants will never be available for purchase again. Make sure you purchase your pants before the whistle is blown to start the final match, because as soon as the final match has started, the pants will no longer be available for purchase.

So what can I win?

Like the previous Football Jamboree's, there is a Golden Gun up for grabs and this year it is none other than the glorious 10 GA Lever Action Shotgun, look at that amazing damascus barrel!

Please note: The "Golden 10 GA" is an exclusive version of our 10 GA Lever Action Shotgun. It will never be available for purchase in theHunter Store, and it is only possible to obtain it by buying the corresponding pants of the winning team. It shares its skills with the 10 GA Lever Action Shotgun, but has no achievements.

As well as the 'Golden 10 GA' there are Gold, Silver and Bronze Trophies up for grabs:

ImageImageImage

So just to recap this is what the prize allocation looks like:

1st place: 'Golden Gun' and a Gold Trophy
2nd Place: Silver Trophy
3rd Place: Bronze Trophy

The Teams:

As previously mentioned, there are 32 teams this year in the FIFA World Cup. In the image below you can see all the teams and which groups they are in, which should help you pick some winners!

This will be updated daily throughout the event with points etc, but any game progress from the weekend will be updated first thing Monday morning.

The next scoreboard that will start to be populated after the group stage is over, which covers everything from the 'Round of 16' to 'The Finals', is this one.

But wait...there is more!

The Football Jamboree League

What better way to celebrate a world cup, than to have our own localized world tour!?

This year we have competitions that are reserve specific and so are the trophies:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

In total there are 8 different competitions, each competition runs for 4 days and the the objective is to shoot one of every animal on the specific reserve, your highest combined score is your entry criteria. The top 4 Hunters from each reserve will receive a trophy and em$. The trophies shown above are the 'Gold' ones, but there are also silver, bronze and hematite for the respective placings.

The league schedule:

Event Name and Start Date:
Football Jamboree: Timbergold Trails Leagues: June 14
Football Jamboree: Bushrangers Run Leagues: June 18
Football Jamboree: Val-des-Bois League: June 22
Football Jamboree: Piccabeen Bay Leagues: June 26
Football Jamboree: Hirschfelden Leagues: June 30
Football Jamboree: Hemmeldal Leagues: July 4
Football Jamboree: Whiterime Ridge Leagues: July 8
Football Jamboree: Redfeather Falls Leagues: July 12

It is a lot of information to take in, so make sure you have a good read. But as per usual I am more than happy to clear anything up for you Guys and Gals.

This is going to be great fun, I want to know what teams you are supporting and which pants you will be purchasing? I think I am going to pick 10 and stick to them :D

TK
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: theHunter: Classic Football Jamboree 2018

Post by SoftShoe »

This should be fun & interesting!
TreeKiwi wrote:I think I am going to pick 10 and stick to them :D

TK
I think I only need to buy 3 ;)

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Don't buy the American pants. Oh wait..they aren't even in the tournament. :? :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Ok I have had a good look and these would be my picks... Keep in mind I know next to nothing about Football/Soccer :lol:
  • Uruguay
  • Portugal
  • Spain
  • France
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Germany
  • Sweden
  • England
  • Japan
Lets see how I go!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I'd say you should be pretty safe with that list. Marc will argue that you only need Germany but, meh, we'll see. You could probably remove England though :lol:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

caledonianblues wrote:I'd say you should be pretty safe with that list. Marc will argue that you only need Germany but, meh, we'll see. You could probably remove England though :lol:
I actually almost didn't pick them... but tbh it was hard to pick any teams in those last two groups :lol: :P

*edit don't throw things at me, New Zealand didn't even get close to qualifying! :oops:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this new Classic Football Jamboree 2018 event.
Trophies are awesome, very good job from the artists.

My guess for the actual best teams :

- Spain
- France
- Argentina
- Brazil
- Germany
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

caledonianblues wrote:I'd say you should be pretty safe with that list. Marc will argue that you only need Germany
I would ditto that. If I had to pick one it would be Germany as well followed by Brazil. I Think the French might make a good showing but choke in the end.

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Will there be a discount package for all pants?
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Pittie wrote:Will there be a discount package for all pants?
They're already at a discount. If you buy them all to start it would be 3840 em$, if you wait it's more expensive to buy all the remaining teams.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”