A message from the team

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

A message from the team

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello all,

First off, on behalf of the Classic team I would like to extend our apologies to the players that have been affected by some of the latest issues. We sat down as a team this morning and have made a list of all known issues currently and have prioritised them in the order in which they affect game play the most. It is worth noting that we are a small team and it is always a fine balancing act deciding on what gets priority, if we focus on bugs, it pushes releases back.

Issues that are game breaking will always be classed as critical, for instance the current feeder issues are set as critical. Issues that do not affect game play, for example the missing hunter score, will get fixed, but get bumped down the priority list because they do not affect people's ability to hunt and we can be retroactive with it, meaning that people will not lose anything long term and HS can be returned to players once fixed.

To address some of the concerns around ‘not testing enough’. We have a very intensive testing checklist that our team of testers work through for every single release, but there are always unknowns that sadly can not be taken into account. Especially when such a big update like the ERR comes out, it touches old old parts of the code that our team had to blow a thick layer of dust off, just to take a look at. Every single time something falls through the gaps, an extra check is added to the list.

In the future what we would love from you guys to help us find issues, is post issues into the bug forum rather than in the Status or Game Update. Posts that have very bland and vanilla information in them make reproducing problems very hard and makes our response time to them slow, which means the issues exist longer in the game.

An example of a post that is not very helpful to us is, “My feeder is not working, fix it”.

An example of a post that is helpful, would be posted in the bug section, so our QA can get the information, doesn’t have to read through pages and pages of posts to find the information and is laid out in the correct format. The format can be found in any of the bug sections under the heading “Creating a bug Report” and there is even a handy copy and paste part to make it easy for everyone.

So a good post on the same subject would look like this:

Bug Report: Problem with Bear Barrels

Game Mode: MP or SP
Description: I can fill my bear barrel up in game, but when I come back after the 4 hour cool down, all or most of my bait is gone and there are no animals around.
Steps to Reproduce: Start a game and go and fill a feeder up with bait, wait the 4 hour cool down and then return to the barrel, you will notice no animals around consistently and that all or too much of the bait will be missing.
Additional Information: After trying some of my other maps I have noticed that it is the same on all feeders, not just the bear barrels.
My Computer

Platform: Dell Precision 4600 laptop

OS & Version: Win7 Ent. 64bit SP1

We have been testing lots and lots of different situations with the feeders yesterday, filling from the management tool is working on our end and the amount that is being used is correct. Likewise the other way around, filling from in game appears to be working properly, we can see that animals are attracted each time we load a game and we have run all these tests on all bait types and on newly placed bait sites and old ones. One thing we found was that the actual visual bait was missing from some of the feeders, but this was only visual and did not have any effect on the bait amount or the functionality of the feeders. So if you are still experiencing issues with the feeders we would love some more information from you so we can get these issues sorted.

Replacement for lost bait can be claimed by contacting our support team, to do this all you have to do is send an email to [email protected]. Provide information about which bait you would like compensation for, they will then check your usage history and the missing bait will be credited to your account.

We are working on other known issues and all going to plan we hope to have a fix out to everyone sometime next week.

It is a small but very dedicated team here and It is not our intentions to release issues into the game. It is just as disappointing for the team when it does happen as it is for you as players. The community is fantastic and you are always our number one focus.

Hopefully this addresses many of the concerns and also shares a little light on the topic.

Cheers all,

TK and all theHunter: Classic Team
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: A message from the team

Post by Generalkommendant »

Thank you all for this message. It means a lot for many players to hear your thoughts.
And many of us needs to cool down and learn how to create a bug report instead, in return.
Cheers.

Edit: A little resevation for writing about bugs in the "General chat" though. Sometimes people want to confirm their experience with others and this can also be helpful in ways that others don't have to go make the same "mistake" (e.g. fill up bait).
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this note, we trust in you EW Team :)
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Good post! I will try to help out as much as possible with reporting bugs in the bug report section where they belong. Thanks again EW!
Greywolf01
Tracker

Post by Greywolf01 »

Ty you everyone for your notes. Good to know you care about your players. Keep up the good work. ;)
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Thank you TK for the next fixes and yes I agrre, in the future we all should post in the right section. I usually address straight to the support by email. I have to say I kind of agree, but I think also that the bug of iron sight magnification and the missed stability of weapons aim, are primary issues which affecting playability and therefore also the outcome of the game and then the scores. I hope it can be brought forward in the urgency to be fixed. Anyway, thanks in advance for your work...and hope for the best :mrgreen:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thank you TK. A very informed post. The forum is full of members with different temperaments, some of us need to take a few deep breaths every now and again, and realize that EW is not out to upset players. In fact posts like these from Staff members has been missing from the forums until along came TK! Thank you TK & EW Staff for what you are up against and faced with on a daily bases, and ofc for your efforts in fixing those bugs and glitches that seem to upset people. Keep up the good fight EW! ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

This was a few days late, but informative as it should be.

My opinion is that you are still missing the boat regarding testing. If stuff works on the beta servers, and not in OUR live games, not yours, something is wrong. Why don't you give long-time, experienced players the release to a separate account they have on their computer, and let them play the game with the proposed release for a few days. I would go as far as to suggest that you have a different hunter for every reserve, and make sure they use every possible world, and deployable item during their testing. Every weapon, every ammo, every species. Give them a check list to mark, and report back.

Community members have been very helpful with helping EW solve critical problems in the past (Pretty Boy comes to mind) and I think you should reach out to them again. It just seems to me that the devs would like to know about these problems in advance of releasing them to the entire community.

One more point. I know you have had BETA testers in the past. I'm not sure whether you still do, but they are signed in to the BETA servers, that have no issues that real players have. Even more important, real experienced players will recognize something that is wrong very quickly.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Herzbube

Post by Herzbube »

Thank you for this update. As a player and customer I just feel much more respected and taken seriously with transparent updates on current problems. Please keep up informing your player base! :)
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

stancomputerhunter wrote:This was a few days late, but informative as it should be.

My opinion is that you are still missing the boat regarding testing. If stuff works on the beta servers, and not in OUR live games, not yours, something is wrong. Why don't you give long-time, experienced players the release to a separate account they have on their computer, and let them play the game with the proposed release for a few days. I would go as far as to suggest that you have a different hunter for every reserve, and make sure they use every possible world, and deployable item during their testing. Every weapon, every ammo, every species. Give them a check list to mark, and report back.

Community members have been very helpful with helping EW solve critical problems in the past (Pretty Boy comes to mind) and I think you should reach out to them again. It just seems to me that the devs would like to know about these problems in advance of releasing them to the entire community.

One more point. I know you have had BETA testers in the past. I'm not sure whether you still do, but they are signed in to the BETA servers, that have no issues that real players have. Even more important, real experienced players will recognize something that is wrong very quickly.
I tend to agree with what Stan wrote here. I've watched quite a few of those live streams where the developers are out there playing with new weapons and gear, and to be honest watching them flailing around gives me the impression that they don't do much hunting in the game other than during the live streams.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”