TheHunter Call of The Wild VS TheHunter Classic 2

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: TheHunter Call of The Wild VS TheHunter Classic 2

Post by gas56 »

The inevitability of this game ending is going to happen, especially with technology advances changing and as each year passes this old game is going to
be way out of date to produce what new games are doing already or will be able to do. EW has to be thinking about this and are now coming to the last year(s) of this game engines lifespan.
Whether they will or are going to upgrade to a New Version of the Hunter Classic (2) is only to their knowledge if they are going to take a stab at it.
COTW was just a shot in the dark, and now can be seen how that template structure works for them.
They've already succeeded with how to run a paying player base game (Classic) and how to keep it going although whether they can produce their own new version game to take
over where it will have passed it's time of existence while doing so in the same time period. The knowledge is there now at their feet, but are the resources available to go ahead with
making it for a future planned business idea?
Time will tell, and it probably will happen within' the next 2-5 years when it does.
Window 7 will no longer be supported supposedly by 2020 so the end of its era as a OS will probably mark a lot of the newest OS games capabilities.
No matter how much players want to keep this game it will pass as the way of all older games have gone because nothing stands in the way of progress in this time line.
Move with it or be left behind with nothing. This is just my opinion.

Hopefully they make the last big Hoorah before the classic engine is gone for good.
Lions, Rhino, Cape Buffalo, Elephants, Leopards, as in the big A............... ;)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Prinz1989 wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:
Fletchette wrote: Surströmming...
Actually you're probably closer to the truth than you might intend. Because it must boil down to someone's personal preferences rather than the companies best option. Say; living in Stockholm, eating "surströmming" at midsummer, speaking swedish at the grocery store etc. All this comes at a cost and must be financed ofc. As for everybody else in this world. But I for one can't understand this product still being "made" in Sweden. If I was a shareholder I would vote for an emigration. And. If I'd still like to live in Sweden even after. I could tax my income being harvested from the company, alone, in Sweden. Not at the expense of the entire net income of the company.

How about good infrastucture or an enviroment that draws talent.
I don't think many employees would follow them to the Sunderbans or whereever they might put up shop.
No need for Sunderbans Prinz.
But there isn't even a reg. holding company outside of Sweden in the top. That's quite astounding in the software business. The reg. holding company of Expansive Worlds AB is another swedish company (Fatalist Holdings AB) which has yet another swedish company on top as parent company (Fatalist Partners AB).
Look at Spotify. They too have their HQ in Stockholm. But at least, for the sake of the company and for being an international product, they have the self-preservation to reg. an holding company in Luxembourg. Anything else wouldn't keep them alive, I assure you that, considering the taxation going on in Sweden.
If people wants a The Hunter 2 or updates in general; understand that this companies structure looks to be in the worst place it can possibly be at. The money (your money, our money), not being taken from Steam and others, are being strictly tightened by the Swedish Tax Agency. Strictly.
I fail to understand why they seem to be the only software company acting internationally, operating inside of Sweden in their books. Clearly a misuse of funds and certainly not healthy.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Because the end of every game comes a day and the hunter classic is not an exception for me the only thing to do is to make the game stand alone and open source like Microsoft for Flight Simulator. maybe you saw the Steam version of Flight Simulator.
Like that the actual player can play even if the game ends and third parties can develop new things for the game. Certainly needs the possibility to play online like now and the multiplayer .
My opinion
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I do think it's important to remember that the demographic that plays this game is much older than the general gaming demographic that demands up-to-date stuff at every turn. There are MMOs that have been around for 15 years that still don't look too great and are as popular as they ever were.

I wouldn't be surprised if general frustration over not being listened to is going to be what does the game in, as opposed to the engine and graphics itself. For example... people have been aggravated about Africa for years. I've played since shortly after launch and I know this has been frustrating for the community, especially after polar bears were allowed to be hunted (that's more controversial than Africa...). People have also been begging for some of the more "plastic" animals to get updated skins; that hasn't happened either and a reskin takes just a couple of hours (I have worked on dev teams, I know how long they take). The dogs have issues, there has been silence on that too, not even an acknowledgment that something is wrong. When people feel like they're not being listened to beyond a non-committal "maybe," it really kills morale.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

Don't know what EW do with all the money this game makes them besides making other games if they put back into the game that has given them so much it would be a great game but they don't, same crap every year new content new bugs that will take a year to fix plus all the little bugs that have built up now that's why many don't play for long
Just like now new content new bugs and good to see baits are broken again will it take a year again to fix glad I didn't get new membership no point paying to play 30% of a game but games not broken as far as EW will say every time
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

what you do need to except or expect with new content or updates is often things will break or something maybe not work right.its part of games.as for what happens in the next 2-5 years no....that is too long.especially when you think about it wont take a small period of time to re make this game on a new engine or update it.

the real tricky part of any large updating of the game is because many of us have paid in money for most of the items or many have.so many people who have played for years have decent amounts of money in the game spent.so does this carry over if a new game is made.think about all the content which would have to be made from scratch for this to happen how much it would cost. time to make it also. realistically 1-2 years.even if started now.

the other option is to make it fresh let this go totally.your items go with it.which wouldnt please many but it would be new.

then you have call of the wild does this carry on with flying the flag and just gradually progress until it is kinda the new version.weird would be nice to hear on long term vision.what is the plan. i doubt that would happen though as that would halt any money being invested into this game as soon as it was said.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:what you do need to except or expect with new content or updates is often things will break or something maybe not work right.its part of games.as for what happens in the next 2-5 years no....that is too long.especially when you think about it wont take a small period of time to re make this game on a new engine or update it.

the real tricky part of any large updating of the game is because many of us have paid in money for most of the items or many have.so many people who have played for years have decent amounts of money in the game spent.so does this carry over if a new game is made.think about all the content which would have to be made from scratch for this to happen how much it would cost. time to make it also. realistically 1-2 years.even if started now.

the other option is to make it fresh let this go totally.your items go with it.which wouldnt please many but it would be new.

then you have call of the wild does this carry on with flying the flag and just gradually progress until it is kinda the new version.weird would be nice to hear on long term vision.what is the plan. i doubt that would happen though as that would halt any money being invested into this game as soon as it was said.
Your highest max. medium & my lowest min. medium,.. lets say 2 years..
So do you think at all they will conceive a hunter classic child?............. :lol:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i honestly dont know. in a perfect world with money not effecting the outcome id remake this game totally from fresh on a new engine.

what i can say is avalanche has been brought by Nordisk Film . big news. how this translates to games from avalanche who knows.https://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/avalanche ... os-2523862

hopefully this means maybe more money and promotion and hands on improvements to make a event better theHunter franchise.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

ronMctube wrote:i honestly dont know. in a perfect world with money not effecting the outcome id remake this game totally from fresh on a new engine.

what i can say is avalanche has been brought by Nordisk Film . big news. how this translates to games from avalanche who knows.https://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/avalanche ... os-2523862

hopefully this means maybe more money and promotion and hands on improvements to make a event better theHunter franchise.
Don't forget that all that success begun with our game that we play for more than 9 years spending our money for! ;)
We was there when it was emote and 1 reserve and we are here today and I feel sad when I see members from last one year asking for unbeliever things. me and many others asked for the return of the chat in SP but was never listened :(
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

VonStratos wrote:Can the game last another 10 years just like it is actually? probably yes, because there well be people that look for more than graphics to join, in fact we got new members in the forum at almost daily basis and they are a fraction of the new members that come to the game, and the graphics are old, and hunters or simmers value the experience as much as the visual if not more, and that's where The Hunter runs alone, let me say an example, i like simulators of things that i don't rally have the chance to do in real life, like a submarine simulator where you need learn to use properly sonar, MAD, ecm and such, i am referring to a very old simulator called Sub Command, that sim is from like 1999-2001 and their community is still kicking.

So i believe this can survive, but that is not the same as say it will be always so healthy as is now. Its hard to say where a online game can go when is in a niche so specific like hunting, its a high risk in money terms, a bet, we can hope of a new The Hunter, or engine, but if never comes well, at least we have the actual and is an old game to nowadays standards, but that doesn't make it a bad game... i mean we are still here hunting and enjoying it right?

By the way, i know graphics are looking old, but what i hope most from a new engine is not graphic, but the capacity of my avatar of cross waters deeper than half a meter or not die in waters ponds of 2 meters deep or not being able to walk over a little rock that a small kid could walk over... that's are the limitations than make me wish for a new engine more than any new graphics imho.
I myself came from COTW. I loved the sense of the game and the graphics are very good, however it seems very basic and less challenging then I expected. i found out about classic and started watching many of the youtubers here. I fell in love with the depth and challenge I was seeing. So i took the plunge and have invested and continue to invest my gaming dollars directly into Classic. I have met and read about others looking for the deeper experience which Classic provides. I also played 688 and Sub Command because I love the simulation aspect. graphics should be nice to me but do not have to have me running a 1080, although I do, for it to capture my attention and fill that simulation experience I am looking for. The graphics on classic remind me of the original skyrim. Where COTW is Skyrim SE with the HD pack installed and some good ENB. COTW hunting feels to easy to me. Dont get me wrong I enjoy it and intend to pick up the geese pack once I see some of the bugs worked out, but as people moan about EW and the release being buggy Im enjoying trying to kill a flying goose with a Longbow in classic. Participating in the Pants for a gorgeous 10 gauge competition and a very good community.

Return to “General Chat”