The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Post by caledonianblues »

This thread seems to have taken a bit of a wrong turn, which is a shame. It's disappointing to have to make this post, but it seems I wasn't clear enough when I made this post in a fairly recent UHC competition. So, one more time. It is not acceptable for participants, or anyone on the forum for that matter, to cast judgement on how other players choose to play the game. If a participant is playing the game without cheating and if the rules of engagement for the competition are being followed, then there is nothing to debate. If you don't agree with how someone is choosing to play the game, but it's perfectly acceptable to the host, tough luck. Move on and find another competition to take part in, or up your game and make your point another way. Starting debates about what constitutes sportsmanlike and unsportsmanlike conduct will no longer be tolerated by UHC.

As a moderator, most of the posts I'm referring to fell just inside the lines of what is acceptable and what needs to be moderated according to the forum code of conduct. However, it's upsetting to see a thread taking such a nose dive. A lot of thought and planning went into this competition, as is the case with most community competitions. Please have the courtesy to keep personal issues and derogatory comments about player strategies out of competition threads, out of respect to your fellow participants, and to competition hosts. I posted before that participants are welcome to report suspected foul play and that UHC will take such reports very seriously. However, discussing cheating and berating player strategies will result in your removal from the competition.

Community competitions are already a niche part of a niche game. There are not enough of us to have to issue bans left, right and centre, and I certainly would hate to see these sorts of debates discouraging people from hosting or taking part in community competitions in the future. Please try to play nice or the UHC naughty step will start to see some action.
sniper68
Spotter

Post by sniper68 »

Im getting You don't have any attempts left.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... I take full responsibility for starting this nose dive .
You ( people ) won't make me change my mind about , what the words '' taking advantage ', means though.
Again , i am sorry and should have shut up . Was doing good , but had a little relapse here .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

sniper68 wrote:Im getting You don't have any attempts left.
How many SP hunts have you done on BRR since the comp started, or since you enrolled?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

You aren't the only one sniper68, I too have fumbled too many hunts, used up all my mulligans and where I'm at is where I'll stay. Thanks for the refreshin' comp Tod, it was fun. I better sharpen up my golf knowledge b'fore the next one! :lol: :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
sniper68
Spotter

Post by sniper68 »

BCKidd wrote:You aren't the only one sniper68, I too have fumbled too many hunts, used up all my mulligans and where I'm at is where I'll stay. Thanks for the refreshin' comp Tod, it was fun. I better sharpen up my golf knowledge b'fore the next one! :lol: :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
yes i think i have done the same lol never mind :oops:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Out of Mullies and haven't posted hole 1 yet :lol: .... I plan to get a couple in tonight, well, at least one. Work is running us ragged right now and feel like I could sleep 14 hours straight~

As for this comp, as I've said, and shared with others privately, this is a badass design and Tod is entitled to a good effort, I want to see this one again and hopefully at a different time of year when I'm able to do it the justice it deserves!

So let's move on and get it done!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Heck of a comp folks! Oodles of fun y'all! Merci!

I managed to start with 3 straight birdies last night, so I'll see if I can keep the string going tonight!

Good luck to all, and thanks very much to Tod, and of course David. Great work guys, and much appreciated. Just outstanding in every conceivable way.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I was already out of the running after bogeying Hole #3 last night, but I just maxed out a hole due to incompetence. My first shot on Hole #4 was 196m with a rifle. Wrong club, woops. From there I played it like shanking a drive into water; took the penalty and re-hit from the tee. Apparently, nope, wrong! Lol, was a bit surprised to see the scoresheet evaluator report that the hole was still in progress with after that first mis-clubbing and all of my remaining ranges/shots were thus miscalculated and completely off. My own dumb mistake for not referring to the rule book! :lol:

I'm gonna finish this course out because this is just damn good fun. Tod1d, you created a Masterspiece, thank you for creating and hosting this really thoughtful competition. Good luck, remaining contenders!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

J_Birdman wrote:I was already out of the running after bogeying Hole #3 last night, but I just maxed out a hole due to incompetence. My first shot on Hole #4 was 196m with a rifle. Wrong club, woops. From there I played it like shanking a drive into water; took the penalty and re-hit from the tee. Apparently, nope, wrong! Lol, was a bit surprised to see the scoresheet evaluator report that the hole was still in progress with after that first mis-clubbing and all of my remaining ranges/shots were thus miscalculated and completely off. My own dumb mistake for not referring to the rule book! :lol:

I'm gonna finish this course out because this is just damn good fun. Tod1d, you created a Masterspiece, thank you for creating and hosting this really thoughtful competition. Good luck, remaining contenders!
Your 1st 2 shots were OK. It was the 3rd shot that would have been a penalty for using the rifle, and put you 168.6m past the hole.

The only penalties that are "Stroke & Distance" are a 2nd shot on an animal, and the new rule: a shot over 237m

So your score of 10 was just for not holing out.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Competitions”