New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by SoftShoe »

Best0hunter wrote: bla bla bla , they do exit
Yes they do or to be more accurate "it" exists. The link RB posted was to the only one being manufactured & its been on the market for less than a year. Forgive me for not being up on the most recent techno trash. I was curious on this device & its practical application so read several reviews. It would seem that while it can do everything it says, it cant do any of them very well. What caught my eye & made me wonder about its quality was the under $1k price tag. While no optics connoisseur nor prude I spend more then that on my basic rifle scopes. All those gadgets & quality glass so you have a clear image? Nope, you not going to get it.

To be fair I am sure in the not so distant future quality manufacturers will make them albeit at a cost easily twice what they are asking & then they will actually be worth owning. In the meantime this "gadget" isnt worth the time or money unless you got a whole lot of both.

I am not sure where you get that I am destroying ideas... On the contrary you will be hard pressed to find a stronger EW advocate then me. Hell I want tons of new content & features added to Classic! I hold my tongue when I see IMO "Stupid" ideas because I know everyone has there own idea of what is fun & how to play. However when I see a BAD idea I have to say something.
Why is this idea bad you might wonder? Well with this enhancement EW has changed the dynamic of the game. As a self professed long range comp guy you know shooting out to render is no mean feat. In fact its relatively easy to do, the hard part being able to ID a good trophy & to get them at the sweet spot of just at render range. Along comes this enhancement that means you will no longer be able to do that. You will need new equipment to be able to ID the targets, accurately range them so you can get them right at the sweet spot of just at render range & then shoot. Let me ask you this, what then is the point?? If EW releases the hardware to make a 320 shot no more difficult then a 220 shot why even bother to get excited about the enhancement? In a single click of BUY NOW you have taken away the challenge of the longer range & cornered the market on long range comps against those unwilling to buy that equipment.

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I believe there will be a near-immediate need for an extended-range spotting scope/rangefinder combo in the game following the update.*

In answer to your question, the point is that most players like to know how far things are. Here are my reasons for desiring such an optic in the game, in no particular order..
  • This game is more than just about long distance comps or even the comps in general. Personally, I place more value on the overall game than the comps in it.

We're not firing ammo out of our optics, we're firing it out of our weapons. Regardless of what is available now or what may be available later, it is our weapon scopes, personal skills and personal knowledge of the game that play the major role in the challenge of this game. As of tomorrow there will be a total of one extended-range rifle scope available, usable for a total of ten rifles. Many of the current, "220m render range" weapon scopes are not geared for even that 220m mark, let alone the new 320m mark.(ie. all scopes are not created equal. nor are all weapons/bullet drop for that matter, which I'm sure we're all dying to find out tomorrow)

Speaking of which, an extended-range spotting scope/rangefinder combo will assist in learning the new bullet drops, thus helping players improve their accuracy.

There may be no extended-range EW missions, comps , events, UHC missions or UHC comps available at the moment, but there sure will be after the update. Many of them require quite precise ranging, so having any kind of extended-range spotting scope/rangefinder combo would be a valuable tool to have. Personally, I would not forsake all the comps for just the long distance comps.

No offense SoftShoe, but I really do not care which or how many spotting scope/rangefinder combos exist or do not exist IRL. This is a video game. As with most, if not all, of the equipment in this game, things are not 100% IRL-accurate. As long as EW makes them perform well in the game, I want it, and do not care how any real world equivalent performs.

An extended-range spotting scope/rangefinder combo will aid in spotting specific target animals at the new extended ranges, just as the current 16x50mm spotting scope does now for the 220m limit. If we're going to be setting up and shooting a whole 100m farther, I sure want to acquire the spot info of what I'm after, and quickly.

One optic/one inventory slot vs. two optics/two inventory slots. I think the choice is really easy here, even with a much higher price tag as I would understandably expect.

Lots of equipment in the game offer "better option" alternatives. Just as with all other equipment in the game, all purchases are purely optional. EW's business model is not going to change, at least not overnight, so this is the way of things and we all have the option to either accept it or leave it. I don't say this harshly, I understand perfectly(trust me) if some find the way of things to be distasteful.
That's all I can think of for now, but you get the idea. However I should add that I, for one, will not be rushing to buy the new spotting scope tomorrow. Instead I will be patiently waiting and hoping that EW hears our pleas and do indeed decide to create such a piece of equipment. To anyone else interested in seeing a combo optic in the store, I recommend that you speak up and let your voice be heard. EW does listen, give them a reason to ponder it. Thanks for reading, happy hunting.

* I say "near-immediate" based on UHC comps. I can easily foresee someone creating a new, extended-range UHC comp in the very near future.(probably after all the bugs are worked out) I could also see EW doing the same, they gotta sell the new equipment after all.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

SoftShoe wrote:
Best0hunter wrote: bla bla bla , they do exit
Yes they do or to be more accurate "it" exists. The link RB posted was to the only one being manufactured & its been on the market for less than a year. Forgive me for not being up on the most recent techno trash. I was curious on this device & its practical application so read several reviews. It would seem that while it can do everything it says, it cant do any of them very well. What caught my eye & made me wonder about its quality was the under $1k price tag. While no optics connoisseur nor prude I spend more then that on my basic rifle scopes. All those gadgets & quality glass so you have a clear image? Nope, you not going to get it.
Here you go this one is just north of $7000
https://www.amazon.com/Newcon-Optik-Spo ... B01M991PX4
Spoiler:
MrLxq

Post by MrLxq »

Scene Complexity Low = 60FPS/Med = 45FPS/ High = 30FPS

Thank you (!)

and also feeders are really bad.. I mean, whenever I check my feral hog feeder, 20-30 hogs around it but now.. Maybe 10-15 and they are scattered. :/
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

you really cant judge feeders for pigs/wild boar unless you do a detailed numbers look over a period of hunting.i did this last time i noticed a change write down the hogs at certain times and numerous visits to compare.

as for the fps.no difference for me.really please with that hoping there wouldnt be any issues with extra render range.started out with tony testing absolute distances on Whiterime and VDB. one wierd thing we found was people pop out of render at the old distance. to those that dont know or wonder why that matters. many people who do long distance shots have to put in numerous hrs of effort trying to find the shots. often its done with other people.you get a person to walk out of render and when they pop out you know what the maximum distance is for a animal you can shoot from the position. people are popping at the exact old distance.kiwi did say this will be fixed. animals though do go past the old render.wasnt sure at first... :D

then i went to a set up i have and notice animals were rendered a lot further than normal.smashed brown bear on VDB past the normal leaderboard record for VDB from a lesser place.that place normally pops at 345m.so its definitely working as it should be.might have to go about some of the extreme world record shots a bit differently but 500m should now be possible.now back to editing and my review of all the new content and gear :D .

video up later. ;)
MrLxq

Post by MrLxq »

ronMctube wrote:you really cant judge feeders for pigs/wild boar unless you do a detailed numbers look over a period of hunting.i did this last time i noticed a change write down the hogs at certain times and numerous visits to compare.

as for the fps.no difference for me.really please with that hoping there wouldnt be any issues with extra render range.started out with tony testing absolute distances on Whiterime and VDB. one wierd thing we found was people pop out of render at the old distance. to those that dont know or wonder why that matters. many people who do long distance shots have to put in numerous hrs of effort trying to find the shots. often its done with other people.you get a person to walk out of render and when they pop out you know what the maximum distance is for a animal you can shoot from the position. people are popping at the exact old distance.kiwi did say this will be fixed. animals though do go past the old render.wasnt sure at first... :D

then i went to a set up i have and notice animals were rendered a lot further than normal.smashed brown bear on VDB past the normal leaderboard record for VDB from a lesser place.that place normally pops at 345m.so its definitely working as it should be.might have to go about some of the extreme world record shots a bit differently but 500m should now be possible.now back to editing and my review of all the new content and gear :D .

video up later. ;)
Hey Ron ;) Yes I can judge. Cause I and my friends tried that again and again. Everytime and everytime (low and high settings doesnt matter) number and their position was different.. For exp. My feral hog feeder in Loggers, has normally 20-25 hogs and hogs are near to feeder but as I said before, ''not anymore". After the update, their movement are really different and they are not nearto feeder anymore.. Be carefull, I tried it with low settings and my other friends tried it high settings and yeah normally they HAD a lot hogs at the feeder in same location. SO, there is a problem with feeders. and FPS.... Im not a rich man. You have good grap. card and PC but I have only 950M (: :) Whatever, I don't need 270m or 320m visiual, but there is a big problem with feeders..
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Can we please stay on topic?

For anyone still wanting a spotter/rangefinder combo, it can still happen. From the first Q&A portion of today's Game Update
TreeKiwi wrote:“Will the new spotting scope have the rangefinder ability in them?”
At this stage no. We are going to wait to get some more community feedback after you have actually all tried everything out. The current rangefinding Binos do work out to the new ERR and beyond, but if people feel they are still inadequate, we will have a look at some options.
Let them know! :)
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

well i am not going to buy the new spotting scope 30*65 , what the point for that if i am not going to know the distance where i am looking and scanning an area , when u scan an area like VDB for exm , the spotting scope should tell mee at what distance i am looking to find a target cause it is a game and this game is builiding now at 320 m not like the real life u can see even more, so my point is : Am i looking at 320 m distance or am i just wasting my time and looking above 320m searching for nothing
, it is not good to switch all time to the rangefinder to know if u are looking to the right place , i have the (7x42mm Rangefinder Binoculars) and i am going to stick with it , the rangefinder is a must to help u know where to look , and i dont care how close it can show mee the animal x30 cause at the end i am going to switch to my rifle and use the scope on it and fire the bullet

the 5.5-22x56mm Rifle Scope is definitely a beast and a must have now for the long range shot ,
i bought the second (7x42mm Rangefinder Binocular) when it came out just because it have the rangefinder and for us this a lost of ems when we already had the first one ( 8x42mm Binoculars )so the point is to get always better gear not just doing the same spotting scope (16x50mm Spotting Scop) with more 14x Magnification to get 30x thing need to bee upgraded and get use for that.

ifyou please added that rangefinder to the new spotting scope then i am going to buy for sure but until now it is not worth the ems when it wont help mee know the distance where to look because the (7x42mm Rangefinder Binoculars) already do the job . just program it again with rangefinder it is not going to hurt anybody and let us enjoy the game with less time and less place in the inventory.
thanks.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I just went for a little test to Loggers and in high complexity i still can play with no noticeable down in the fps, maybe in some moments a minimal drop but again not noticeable enough, i would have to test the other more demanding reserves when i get the time, but im happy to see my toaster still can hang on, i gotta upgrade this thing this year, i haven't like since 2012 or before... and still able to run The Hunter. Thumbs up EW, new render well implemented ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Kriss18

Post by Kriss18 »

i did not have any issue with my fps so far at least nothing extremly annoying like for example sometimes when i aim with iron sight my fps goes from 80-100 to 35 in some areas of some reserves but i really don't care cuz i don't use iron sights often

Return to “General Chat”