Status Update - 21st May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Jagdreviermeister

Re: Status Update - 21st May 2018

Post by Jagdreviermeister »

:o Hi TK! This is just amazing! Good newz over and over! ERR, multiplayer deployables, advanced optics, bug fixes... best status update in ages! Pretty mean, bro! How did you do that? I thought this rendering thing should be impossible due to technical matters. However, crackin' good work y'all!!!!! Can't wait for the 30x65 spotting scope. biiiiigsmile :D
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

UNBELIEVABLE Status Update TK!!!! Can't wait to buy and tryout all of these EXCITING New Spotting and Rifle Scopes and Shoot some Big Boys!!! he he THANKS EW for giving us this!

Wetland :D :D :D
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Thanks for this surprise. It is great! A couple of questions.

1. Has the scope bug at max zoom been fixed with this new enhancement?
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=82546

2. Will the shooting ranges be extended? I'm guessing bullet drop will be noticiable, so longer range targets would be awesome. Or adding deployable targets to the game would be awesome as well.

3. Since there are basically 3 different renders based on complexity, how will the long distance comps and leader board be affected?

I agree with no tents allowed in multiplayer accept by the host.
skogseide
Scout

Post by skogseide »

this is fantastic news, and I'm so glad I was wrong about the rendering distance! well done!! :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

If you haven't thought of it, EW, you missed an opportunity to pair the new spotting scope with a new range finder binoculars. Bundle them together with a reasonable price and sales would be beyond render. ;)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JamboWhoDat wrote:1. Has the scope bug at max zoom been fixed with this new enhancement?
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=82546
As far as I know it has, but maybe Mat can confirm this.
JamboWhoDat wrote:2. Will the shooting ranges be extended? I'm guessing bullet drop will be noticiable, so longer range targets would be awesome. Or adding deployable targets to the game would be awesome as well.
From the SU:
It is also worth mentioning as another little teaser that deployable targets are in the making, and soon everyone will be able to see how the guns perform over these new ranges.
So this sounds like we're going to be able to create our own ranges soon. That would be really nice. Imagine setting up some kind of target shooting course within the woods and using it with friends in a MP game. :D
Image Image Image
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

Another question. Will the range of callers be the same or will they be effective at the longer render ranges?

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

For me this is without doubt the best update since I signed up. Multiplayer was close, but this will affect the game like no other change so far. It will be like a whole new game. In fact, I might even open another account and start fresh. Seriously. Absolutely unbelievable. :shock: :) :D

Thank you EW for the great work, and TK, thanks for the wonderful news. (Sometimes being the messenger ain't such a bad gig, eh? ;) :lol: ) You made my week folks. Hats off to you all!!!

P.S.> Hey HooCairs, I'll bet you come back now buddy!!! :lol:
Last edited by JimboCrow on May 21st, 2018, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

stancomputerhunter wrote:If you haven't thought of it, EW, you missed an opportunity to pair the new spotting scope with a new range finder binoculars. Bundle them together with a reasonable price and sales would be beyond render. ;)
I fully support this idea.

One question: do the animals react to noise at 320 meters? Or if I shoot and an animal is 300 meters this runs off?
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

i am happy.
bigger render distance, mp deployables and thank god i just upgrade from my old 760gtx to a 1080 :D

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”