Starting the game bug?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
vsaet
Hunter

Starting the game bug?

Post by vsaet »

I was playing 10 min ago I stopped to fo something else and now every time I want to start the game I have the new game installation screen but with the difference that it said 11.80 mb and when download those mb it restart and so on .
I have all the time a backup of the entire game every time we have a new parch. I restored but nothing to do. With an internet speed of 4Mbits how many time my dears devs I have to spend reinstalling the game? A century maybe? :(
I wont continue because I will be unfair!!!! :evil:
Kasiopaia
Scout

Re: Starting the game bug?

Post by Kasiopaia »

i have the same problem, opened up the hunter today and it patched, but only the it does not stop patching, it installs and patches continually.
I cant play the game at all and i just renewed my membership 2 days ago or so.

Any Ideas would be great!!

MfG Kassi
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Since I doubt they released an update in the middle of the night in Sweden, it's probably a server error that is causing the game to think there is an update when there isn't really one.
Personal Bests...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'm having the same issue. Have uninstalled and am currently reinstalling-via Steam. I'll be choked if there was a simple server issue and I didn't need to go through this. :x :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

reinstall won't help, or at least didn't help me.
Spoiler:
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

BCKidd wrote:I'm having the same issue. Have uninstalled and am currently reinstalling-via Steam. I'll be choked if there was a simple server issue and I didn't need to go through this. :x :? Peace.

BCKidd.
I make updating steam (I had not last updates) and it plays normally!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BCKidd wrote:I'm having the same issue. Have uninstalled and am currently reinstalling-via Steam. I'll be choked if there was a simple server issue and I didn't need to go through this. :x :? Peace.

BCKidd.
It appears to me that whatever error has occurred results in the game folder being all messed up (no "theHunter.exe" and the "/archives" folder is missing), so a full install (or copy from Steam) will probably be needed once they fix the problem.
Personal Bests...
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

John I tried installing a new launcher and paste in game file from Steam. As soon as launcher started, it trashed game file and sent it back to version (0)
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

INTIMID883R wrote:John I tried installing a new launcher and paste in game file from Steam. As soon as launcher started, it trashed game file and sent it back to version (0)
Yeah, that makes sense and reinforces the theory that there is a server problem that is fooling to launcher into thinking there is an update for the web install, even though there is not. Playing though Steam is probably the only option for tonight.
Personal Bests...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

INTIMID883R wrote:John I tried installing a new launcher and paste in game file from Steam. As soon as launcher started, it trashed game file and sent it back to version (0)
That's what happened to me as well. Now what? This is crazy... :? Can't dwnld it from EW 'cause that never works, can't get it from "Steam" 'cause that ain't working. Totally off the wall, this is... :x Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”