A Cut Back on Gun Animations?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

A Cut Back on Gun Animations?

Post by Ravenousfox »

I noticed the safety switch for the 7x64mm Bolt Action Rifle is always on ready to fire even when you're not aiming down the the gun (very unsafe)
However the 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle flicks the safety switch on when you're ready to fire.
Did the programmer for the animations cut back on working on this animation or what?
I would like to see the safety switch being at least used properly like on the 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle. I'd hate to be walking next to the person holding the 7x64mm Bolt Action Rifle if the safety is always off. :shock: :lol:

Here's some example pictures:

Holding weapon

Ready to shoot
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: A Cut Back on Gun Animations?

Post by Tod1d »

Ravenousfox wrote:Did the programmers for the animations cut back on working on this animation or what?
Programmers: plural. There have been several/many. And they all have their own unique styles & knowledge of firearms. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Ravenousfox wrote:I noticed the safety switch for the 7x64mm Bolt Action Rifle is always on ready to fire even when you're not aiming down the the gun (very unsafe)
However the 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle flicks the safety switch on when you're ready to fire.
Did the programmer for the animations cut back on working on this animation or what?
I would like to see the safety switch being at least used properly like on the 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle. I'd hate to be walking next to the person holding the 7x64mm Bolt Action Rifle if the safety is always off. :shock: :lol:
They've added for better gun animation before,.. maybe they'll add for this sometime......
A thumb pushing the safety forward while raising the rifle.
Seems that being aware of doing it though in the game will not make better gun handlers IRL though...........
Look how a lot of the guns are emptied first before loading is actually done in the game....
There's still a lot of work if they wanted to make it realistically better.
I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, IMO there's a lot more important bugs to get fixed....... ;)
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Tod1d wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Did the programmers for the animations cut back on working on this animation or what?
Programmers: plural. There have been several/many. And they all have their own unique styles & knowledge of firearms. ;)
Missing the animation of the rifle safety catch is quite an error though don't ya think, all he/she had to do was put a simple search of the RL version of the gun (Sauer 404) on say Youtube and there's quite a lot of videos on the rifle showing how it works.
A rifle without a functioning safety catch is a risk to the shooter and surrounding people.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

As a firearms instructor I always told my students the most important safety on the gun is the loose screw behind the trigger. In a nutshell, keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to shoot.

Classic has gotten the hair on the back of my neck to stand on end a few times. Usually when I hear a bear chuffing near me that I cant see but not once was I ever concerned with having a negligent discharge with my firearm.

Some of the gun animations impress me, some not so much & a few are flat out wrong. While I agree in principle it would be good to have the safety switch used I would rather they fix the ones that are flat out wrong.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:Some of the gun animations impress me, some not so much & a few are flat out wrong. While I agree in principle it would be good to have the safety switch used I would rather they fix the ones that are flat out wrong.
I agree. If there was some spare animation resource and the plan was to go back and fix or improve some existing animations, animals would most likely get my vote, or some of the weapon animations where they're just wrong.
lmp1986

Post by lmp1986 »

The safety thing... yeah, it's annoying, but tbh the various topping-the-gun-off animation errors bug me the most. I have 4 rounds in my Mosin. I click R. My avatar pulls the bolt back, round is ejected, he puts one round in, closes the bolt and somehow I have 5.

Now that I think about it, I should have put that in the poll...
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

agreed. having a gun saftey not being used is dangerous yes but its not technically incorrect where as some of the reload animations are straight up wrong

Return to “General Chat”