Status Update - 25th April 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
kolobok12
Spotter

Re: Status Update - 25th April 2018

Post by kolobok12 »

thanks for update! but game crash in P.Bay in MP after 20-30 min gameplay.....omg/omg
ArwenerI
Spotter

Post by ArwenerI »

TreeKiwi wrote:Your comments to the status update from the 25th of April 2018.

Have a good week!

TK

Something gone wrong since the update and some players lost 1000points of their hunter score,its a bug because i didnt saw someone mention it.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice update, looking forward to hunt some magpie geese. But you forgot to include the "quarter spread" and the "full spread" bundle. Actually I don't care for quarter spread, but why is there no full spread bundle in the store?
Image Image Image
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

ArwenerI wrote: Something gone wrong since the update and some players lost 1000points of their hunter score,its a bug because i didnt saw someone mention it.
You're right, i lost 250 pts for my own... on the leaderboard i'm at 70577 and in my profile and in my sig 70827
Last edited by FR_Bugs on April 25th, 2018, 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Thanks for the update.
Looking forward to knocking some of those geese out of the sky. I just haven't been able to click on that bundle purchase yet. I've had the cursor over it & my finger poised & ready to make the purchase, I just can't seem to pull the trigger :D .
As for the new feature, I thought maybe a Mountain Lion, but a new species right after a new species seems a little quick (but still, they have been requested for a long time).
A "full spread" bundle (flapping decoy included) with the callers & the blind would be nice to see. 8-)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Nice update, looking forward to hunt some magpie geese. But you forgot to include the "quarter spread" and the "full spread" bundle. Actually I don't care for quarter spread, but why is there no full spread bundle in the store?
Maybe there is no place in PB where you could deploy a full spread? :roll: :lol:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Treedweller wrote:
Maybe there is no place in PB where you could deploy a full spread? :roll: :lol:
Good point! I have been wandering around looking for a likely place to put my spread & havent come up with a truly good one yet.

I have put up a spread at a spot that looks decent, now if only a few geese would come in...

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:While I am glad to see the new ammo for the 17 I really dont think it should be released as a whole new type of ammo. That means the old ammo is only going to be good for rabbits, ducks & turkeys. Why not just upgrade the existing ammo so it actually works for it was actually originally intended for. Having to carry additional ammo but more importantly having take the time to reload to shoot a bunny or a bobcat is senseless IMO.
My understanding of it is that if we make it under all one ammo, like it was before. For it to be effective against foxes etc, it will be too powerful for rabbits and will start affecting the harvest value or integrity, I don't remember which one off the top of my head.
A lot of people use 12 ga shotguns to shoot rabbits,.... Have you ever seen what a 12 ga full choke 3" inch chamber No. 6 shot (Rabbit & Pheasant load) can do to a Rabbit when you're too close?
I have seen a lot of beginners blow them to pieces,.. I'm just glad they didn't shoot my beagles.
But this is beside the point really because I had just bought the .17 Cal. Lever a few weeks ago intending to go rabbit and fox hunting with it and found out it wasn't capable of
downing foxes over 50 yards which it should have been,.. now in order to shoot rabbits and foxes I need 2 separate types of bullets?
It would be a lot better if everything was fixed to use the .17 HMR as intended with the 1st bullets and correct the equations on the animals it is intended to shoot the first time around.
I feel like I bought this small rifle for small game animals for no reason now,.. that I can't use it for what I intended to do which was shooting Rabbits & Fox with the same rifle and the same
bullets. Now it is expected to change out bullets when you see a Fox or Rabbit? There's no common sense in that when you're in the field.
And I wouldn't recommend the .17 cal lever rifle now to anyone for this reason only.
A fox is a small predator,.. just like a small miniature poodle lap dog, and now you're saying that the original .17 cal bullet (which should be a high velocity round) is not capable
of taking it out and the Devs wouldn't fix it because of a few files need to be tweaked for it to work properly?
Now can you please let the Devs know of my understanding the way it should be fixed and you can quote me word for word.
Subject to change............... :D

I haven't got much to say about the Goose Hunting or equipment that comes with it, but I probably will test it out soon.
WRR getting fixed? It's getting old.
But thanks for the Status Update......
Last edited by gas56 on April 25th, 2018, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

Thanks for the Status Update and New Species EW, but my HS also just DROPPED from 45,011 to 44,346??? I Installed the New Patch this morning and Cleared my Game Cache and my Hunter Score changed for some reason.

Wetland
TazDevil13

Post by TazDevil13 »

Yep, I am one of those that lost nearly a 1000 points on my hunter score too. I was at level 100 before my hunt this morning and now at level 112 after the hunt. I sent in a bug report so we will see if this gets addressed.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”