Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Raptor02
Outfitter

Re: Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Post by Raptor02 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Oh please, the last thing I wanted is another discussion post-competition. Please accept my apology for starting this. That wasn't in the spirit of the competition. :(

While I was genuinely disappointed to see that you guys didn't finish the comp, it was not because I wanted to inherit any prizes from you.

Anyway, as I said before: We all know that you would've been more than capable to just shoot any sambar stag with a bow or pistol to fill your score sheet. The reason you didn't do it was because you were trying to go for one of the more difficult objectives. And since RB has announced the winners, it's obvious that rule #3 only applied to those going for the main event, not for the animal categories. ;)
I know that you weren’t trying to inherit anything from bringing it up. Honestly I wasn’t sure how it was going to go. I knew that rule was there. I hoped it meant for the overall 1st place, but wasn’t sure. I only meant I was willing to accept any outcome either way. Anybody that wins this competition deserves it.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I'd say we let RB decide, he's the host. I assumed since he announced you as species prize winners and he clearly saw the leaderboard, he decided that rule #3 was only for the overall standings. Let's just see what he says.
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Guys I must apologize I myself overlooked rule 3 and just looked at the leaderboard on UHCapps. It is no one’s fault but my own. I should have been paying better attention. Again I am sorry!!

I am sorry also to Raptor02 and Radamus but the rules read true and I cannot in good concisions Award the prizes to you. I hope you both understand.

I will get back to you all with the winners of the goose and Bighorn categories
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The Goose and Bighorn prizes go to Tanngnjostr for the furthest longbow harvest on both animals. His score was 300 that tied him for first place with Stan.
Stan breaks the tie with the highest scoring animals in each category.

Again I am so sorry but I can not compromise the integrity of the rules that would be a bad thing for everyone if a host can just change the rules after the comp has started.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks for the prizes RidgeBack, even though I feel bad for how this turned out in the end. I should have kept my mouth shut, but I did what I always hated in others when I was hosting myself: I was being a sore loser! I'm sorry about that.

@Raptor02, Len: You got a PM. I hope you guys are willing to spend these em$ together with me, for some more community charity. ;)
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hey team- rules are rules, like RB said- we CAN NOT compromise them and I'm good with it, not a big deal. I honestly didn't know I had any chance at a thing so no mas~ I didn't finish up and don't deserve a thing, but I have good reasons for it (which I won't burden anyone with) or you all know I would have cause that's just what I do. This time, life was much much more important and leave it at that.

This was a crazy mother of a comp- I know I'm not the only frustrated a P-O"d hunter in this one. I can only imagine how Big D feels, he's on top, then the bottom, then on top again and then no where- I know this happened to others as well because none of this one was easy, and I certainly can see how Softshoe got bummed so quickly, this was insane! and we've never had a scoring setup like this before so it was not for the faint of heart and almost everyone walks away never forgetting this - I'm just glad it only lasted 4 days or else a lynch mob might easily be formed :lol: ~ So RB, you gut us man, I think you really got us with this one. I will still post my short vid of hitting invisible rocks on the rams- this one, still .... well, I can't type it correctly so fill in the blanks- This one was EW's fault, there's no way in hell I shouldn't see a damn invisible rock from 50m away, just no way and I spent an hour on my belly for that shot- far as I'm concerned they owe me a new Proteus :x
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:lol: :lol: Was used to roller coaster rides, with my old graphic card , making the FPS going all over . So i'm used to ups and downs . :lol: :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Thought it was a great comp, my only regret is that I didn't have more time to dedicate to it. Thanks for hosting it RB!
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JimboCrow wrote:Way to go Stan, nicely done! Not too shabby for an old guy eh? My hat is certainly off to you on this one sir! Very nicely done indeed! :D

(But there's no way in heaven you'll get me to believe any of your hard luck stories anymore. From here on in they're just white noise. :lol:)

Seriously, congratulations on a great comp to all the winners, (even Radamus ;)) and a big thank you to RB69 and the sponsors for your hard work, dedication, and generosity. Kudos fellers, and good karma for you! Merci! :)
Nice of you to say, Jimbo. I'm humbled. Thank you.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Good Job Stan! You Da Man! You got ya one! My hats off to anyone who suffered through this. You had to work hard and I can say, for what time I had it was nice to be challenged beyond "looking for a big one" there were so many ways to point up in this and a magic spawn played little to no part, that's hard to pull off and have a cool comp.
Thanks to RB and the other sponsors and most of all, for a tough challenge. This one was all in the hands of the hunter and the bushwackers :lol: :lol: ~ Now, onto something easy! pintails with recurve! Whew! :D :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”