Who has some scenic shots?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
Levado
Scout

Re: Who has some scenic shots?

Post by Levado »

ronMctube wrote:its not slightly better. its x4 better
How do you measure that a game looks 4x better? :)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Levado wrote:

The following images of different games look far better:

Lets take a break from arguing whose dpi is bigger :lol:

I too am curious what game these images are from. Care to enlighten us?

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:I too am curious what game these images are from. Care to enlighten us?
In order of appearance above:
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • Far Cry 5
  • Battlefield 1
  • Fan Concept Art (PUBG) *
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
* The concept art is not an in-game screenshot, it's just a mock-up, as far as I can tell.

I'm playing Far Cry 5 at the moment and it's an incredible game. The engine would be perfect for a hunting game. Take a look at this video, if you're interested. Ignoring the fact this is a first-person shooter, the world is just stunning and would make a perfect setting for hunting and fishing (which you can do in this game). Some of the animal interactions are fantastic.

On the subject of 4K being four times better than full HD, I would have to say the only difference is there are four times the number of pixels. It all depends on the game, and the settings. If the game isn't using 4K textures then all you're really doing is making the image a bit sharper. For example, theHunter looks nice in 4K, but it's not really taking advantage of the resolution. It's effectively just being up-scaled. Call of the Wild is far too saturated for me, and even at 4K it still looks very dreamy and unrealistic. Far Cry 5 looks absolutely stunning in 4K, and the colours look realistic. Not too saturated, but still vibrant with adequate contrast. So, what I'm trying to say is that if you don't like the colours in Call of the Wild at full HD, it won't matter what resolution you play it at, you still won't like it, 4K or not. Resolution doesn't improve things like that.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

caledonianblues wrote:In order of appearance above
Well done David, except the winter landscape is actually Battelfield 1 - In The Name Of The Tsar.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

caledonianblues wrote: Take a look at this video, if you're interested.
Well this just sold me. I have been a fan of the FarCry series since its inception. I hadn't gotten 5 yet because I convinced myself I didnt have time for it.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks David. I'll have a look at that video once I'm home. Unfortunately I'll probably have to invest in a new rig if I want to play these. :P
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:I hadn't gotten 5 yet because I convinced myself I didnt have time for it.
I don't have time for it either, but sometimes you just have to make time ;)
Tanngnjostr wrote:Unfortunately I'll probably have to invest in a new rig if I want to play these.
If you want to play it at 4K then yes, maybe. However, if you're playing at 1080 or 1440 you should be absolutely fine. The game is extremely well optimised.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:I'm playing Far Cry 5 at the moment and it's an incredible game. The engine would be perfect for a hunting game. Take a look at this video, if you're interested. Ignoring the fact this is a first-person shooter, the world is just stunning and would make a perfect setting for hunting and fishing (which you can do in this game). Some of the animal interactions are fantastic.
Shooting bears with a bazooka - I like that! :D

Seriously, I agree that their world looks stunning. A lot of modern games look really nice - it's sad that a lot of them also don't offer much creativity, gameplay wise, at least if you're not a shooter fan. (Not talking about that game specifically, I don't know much about it).
Image Image Image
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Tanngnjostr wrote:it's sad that a lot of them also don't offer much creativity
A sandbox is like a real sandbox, you need to put some creativity in it yourself to fully enjoy them. :)

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Levado wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:it's sad that a lot of them also don't offer much creativity
A sandbox is like a real sandbox, you need to put some creativity in it yourself to fully enjoy them. :)

I'm not talking about sandbox games, Levado. Believe me, I can spend hours and hours creating my own theme park in Planet Coaster. :D
Image Image Image

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”