Tip here your bet about the new animal!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Re: Tip here your bet about the new animal!

Post by Wetrocky45 »

Generalkommendant wrote:TreeKiwi said in todays live stream that we might get fooled by that clue. He said he will explain later where that pic came from and we'd be all "Oh man, that's low!" :D
If this is the case we go back to the drawing board. Image

Which means if we look closely their appears to be water in the background as well as feathers everywhere from it being attacked?

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Wetrocky45 wrote:The only bird i'd be ok with is a snow goose. I think those would be kinda cool. Another bird like ptarmigan or pheasant is just a bust. The community REALLY wants bigger game. I understand this is more of a classic hunting game, but I think people are wanting axis or fallow deer. I mean even a beaver i'd be okay with. I think about everyone would be okay with medium to large game. Just NOT birds.
Fallow deer are probably the most requested species aside stuff like mountain lions. Im not sure what type of "bigger game" you are talking about since we have a species weighing 1200kg :lol:
Nathan22Outdoors
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

caledonianblues wrote:That confirms it then, it's definitely a duck billed platypus.
Amazing creatures! :lol:
Nathan112244 wrote:
Wetrocky45 wrote:The only bird i'd be ok with is a snow goose. I think those would be kinda cool. Another bird like ptarmigan or pheasant is just a bust. The community REALLY wants bigger game. I understand this is more of a classic hunting game, but I think people are wanting axis or fallow deer. I mean even a beaver i'd be okay with. I think about everyone would be okay with medium to large game. Just NOT birds.
Fallow deer are probably the most requested species aside stuff like mountain lions. Im not sure what type of "bigger game" you are talking about since we have a species weighing 1200kg :lol:
Think he's saying anything bigger than a beaver actually.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

Generalkommendant wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:That confirms it then, it's definitely a duck billed platypus.
Amazing creatures! :lol:
Nathan112244 wrote:
Think he's saying anything bigger than a beaver actually.
Yeah, Skunk, Beaver i'd be fine with i'd prefer more deer though. By the looks of it, we are either getting a bird or a predator animal.

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Just to clarify, the picture is from the animal ;)
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

My bet is Ruffed Grouse - tail feathers of the male below his 'spread' have the coloration displayed, as well as the breast feathers.

Besides, I'd love to see them presenting to the female and having the 'drumming' and thrumming sounds.

(thumprint link to full image above)
Spoiler:

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'm going with a goose species - Or it could be a prairie chicken, I'm more concerned where it will be not so much what it will be.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

TreeKiwi wrote:Just to clarify, the picture is from the animal ;)
And here's the hints from TK in the live stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/246900193?t=00h21m45s
My guess will stay at some kind of partridge. Red-legged partridge perhaps?
But the really interesting question for the moment is rather on which reserve it will appear on, since we now know it's a bird. Assuming only birds have feathers. ;)
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

So we know now its 100% a bird... Most likely will be some sort of bird similar to ptarmigan... I am at least hopeful for a snow goose. Now that we know it's not a medium size game.

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I really hope it’s not another stupid ptarmigan. God knows the ones we have now are the most annoying things ever, not to mention the constant flapping. And they’ve basically ruined Ibex hunting and the Bighorn hunting, from my own experiences hunting them before and after. Well, the way I see it, it’s not something I’ll be interested in more than likely. Maybe hunt em a few times and that’s it. But we’ll see. I always hold judgment until I have tried something.

Return to “General Chat”