Who has some scenic shots?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Who has some scenic shots?

Post by ronMctube »

yeah too saturated for my liking.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Don't get me wrong: CotW looks good, but I still think that other games with similar engines look more realistic. I've played CotW and I know it's not just Levado's pictures - it is too blurry and saturated in the game too, at least for my taste.
Image Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well a lot depends what settings and what resolution and what aa setting you use. light setting ingame and time of day make a massive difference.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

ronMctube wrote:well a lot depends what settings and what resolution and what aa setting you use. light setting ingame and time of day make a massive difference.
You don't need to have the most powerful computer in the world to see how the game looks at the highest settings in a static image.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes but if you dont set it right or the best looking way then its not the best it can look.4k max is going to look better then 108p isnt it.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

ronMctube wrote:4k max is going to look better then 108p isnt it.
Increasing the resolution does nothing to the actual game, it's still the same game.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

what ? 4k is 4 x 1080 so obviously 4k will look better.images took at 4k will look better than 1080.i dont get what is hard to understand ? the higher the resolution the better the image will look.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Screensize could play a role..
Up to 30" i see no need for 4k, cuz my eyes cant rly see a difference between 1080 and 4k at fe 27".. With same settings ingame. But could be my bad eyes :D
Now offline. Forever.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

ronMctube wrote:what ? 4k is 4 x 1080 so obviously 4k will look better.images took at 4k will look better than 1080.i dont get what is hard to understand ? the higher the resolution the better the image will look.

This what I wrote:
Levado wrote:Increasing the resolution does nothing to the actual game, it's still the same game.
Where do you see me saying that it won't look better?

Yes, 4k will make the game look slightly better, but you can only make a game substantially better at the source. If life would be that simple I would make better photos by just buying a Canon EOS 5DS R and shoot at 50.6 megapixels or 8712 x 5813 resolution instead of 20 megapixels. Sorry Ron, but that's not how things work, Classic will always look like Classic and COTW will always look like COTW, your 4K monitor is not giving these games a major overhaul.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

its not slightly better. its x4 better. i get you dont agree which is fine.thats your opinion. ;)

if you take a screenshot to show imagery at 4k max settings then post one at 1080 max settings.its night and day difference.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”